It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supply / Demand / ISIS and the true cost of a Barrel of Oil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I don't think I have ever been so " political " as i am now. The constant barrage of death, extremism, terror and geopolitical trash has washed over me and left a stain.
I have always been a " live and let live " kind of person. Not religious, but certainly spiritual.
As an adult, I have never had any faith in church or confidence in government. But these are the two main establishments that our world turns on and I as i live here, I question both.
I love a good conspiracy theory, remain skeptical about most, but always wondering...

Lately, and I know I am not alone, I feel absolute despair in the state of humanity.

The 1% ers getting richer and fatter while they shuffle the rest of us around like playing cards. Always stacking the deck against us, making sure that they keep us guessing who the real cheats in the game are. They all play the world stage with their best poker faces, forcing us to go all in, while they are the only ones with the aces. Anyway...digressing.

But the gist is I am so frustrated at what I see in social media, in the " news " , and yes fellow ATSers even here....where we Deny Ignorance.
Ignorance is no longer denied, but welcomed and embraced. It is fed 3 hot meals a day via Fox, BBC, tabloid toilet paper et al till they stuff us all so full of it that we spew out hatred and fear in equal measure of dangerous vomit.

The hardest thing for me today is the realization that I see no end to this in my lifetime, I weep for my grand-children's world and what previous generations have left them.

I am linking a video ( I hope ) which gives a kind of concise summary of ME issues and the big players, and what the underlying causes are that has the World at War. Maybe it will help some to think about the causes and not only the effects, to stop the constant reporting and rehashing of the convenient "truths" which are really no truths at all. Or at the very least see them for what they are.

#1 Are there really bombs dropping on Syria to keep us safe from jihadists ?
#2 Are there are real refugees who are running for their life ? and if yes shouldn't they be helped ?
#3 Is it true that the greed and corruption of the War Machine caused this situation deliberately ? if yes who will be held accountable ? and by
whom ?
#4 Why is the cost of a barrel of oil lower than it has been in a long long time ? and who is buying ISIS's oil ?

Worl War III - The New Axis of Evil
edit on 29/1/16 by cosmickat because: title edit

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: cosmickat

This guy has got it spot on for as long as I have followed him . I sometimes wish he would put out more stuff because it is so well done . I understand he is a regular guy with a home and family and is working to make that work but its his type of reporting the world really needs .

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Agreed !
He is straight to the core of it. I too wish that we had more truth reporters, or I guess, that more of his kind had a wider platform. Sadly not everyone will seek out truth.
edit on 29/1/16 by cosmickat because: grammar police may be watching

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

His vids do get a good number of hits so there is that . This latest is up to around 40k and I see another one with nearly 1 million hits . Those are not bad numbers at all .Better then some MSM outlets in fact . But it is the quality and the consistency of his narrative that helps to follow along . Keeping those points of history always in mind allows us to follow the pea ...

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Gas is down to 74cents a litre here! In northern Canada no less! Its the cheapest it's been in my life as a driver. I remember 64cent gas as kid and it might dip that low again.

Pretty cool I can fill up my truck for less then 100$

edit on 29-1-2016 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

always a silver lining eh ? no harm meant, it is just not the point of the thread, and yes I suppose that it is good... the West can have their economies kick-started thanks to the low cost at the pumps.
Let's hope that money just makes the World go round...and not Boom !

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I can't watch the video, but I'll say I agree with much of what you're saying. I'm going to addess your #4 here:

"#4 Why is the cost of a barrel of oil lower than it has been in a long long time ? and who is buying ISIS's oil ? "

The cost of a barrel of oil is currently very low for the following key reasons (and probably more)

1) much of the world's economy has been slowing, especially "developing" economies
2) the value of the USD is continuing to rise
3) The US is now the largest producer of crude oil in the world, now producing more oil than Saudi Arabia, Iranian oil is coming back online, and nobody is showing any signs of slowing production. In a nutshell, supply is FAR outstripping demand.

As to who is buying ISIS's oil - some reports/analyses have pointed to Turkey and Israel as primary buyers, but the fact really is, the oil market is a world market. If a nation buys their oil from ISIS, there's that much less oil to be purchased from all other sources, thus bringing down demand for "non-ISIS oil", and thus affecting prices even outside of that black market.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

#4 Why is the cost of a barrel of oil lower than it has been in a long long time ? and who is buying ISIS's oil ?

Stolen goods are usually sold below normal market prices.

I think it has been proven that ISIS oil is being transported across Turkey's border by 100's of truckloads a day. This can only happen because it is being allowed by NATO/US/EU.

#1 Are there really bombs dropping on Syria to keep us safe from jihadists ?

Not by the West.

#2 Are there are real refugees who are running for their life ? and if yes shouldn't they be helped ? #3

Some probably are. They should receive help, but not in a way that is detrimental to the European population.

Is it true that the greed and corruption of the War Machine caused this situation deliberately ? if yes who will be held accountable ? and by whom ?

Probably.

The only way anyone will be held accountable is if there will be a people's revolution.

edit on 29-1-2016 by NeoSpartan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
Gas is down to 74cents a litre here! In northern Canada no less! Its the cheapest it's been in my life as a driver. I remember 64cent gas as kid and it might dip that low again.

Pretty cool I can fill up my truck for less then 100$

Edmonton has gas at 67 cents a litre, but as the oil goes down, so does our Cdn dollar. Every single thing imported into Canada is that much more expensive.
We save on gas and those savings are just eaten up by raised food prices.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
But but but my truck! at least I offset the price of meat in the stores by eating wild game like moose n caribou. For fish I love pickerel but I'll eat jack fish and pretty much anything else that swims lol.

To add to the topic. I do think this is an engineered event. But not because of corruption its strategic to destabilize your oppositions income.

a reply to: snowspirit

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
imo....

There is no "supply and demand" it's all been replaced by speculation, insider trading, and corporate greed.

The markets are fubar unless you are on the inside.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Yes...thinking along those lines myself tbh.
Just like most of what goes on around us these days, the trading floors and free market influences are illusory.

FUBAR indeed

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

the West can have their economies kick-started thanks to the low cost at the pumps.

Not really since falling gas prices means less oil output equaling people losing their jobs.

According to Graves & Co., an industry consultant, oil and gas companies have laid off more than 250,000 workers around the world, a tally that will rise if oil prices remain in the dumps.

In an eye-catching statistic that highlights who exactly is bearing the brunt of the downturn, Graves says that oilfield service companies account for 79 percent of the job losses.

Beyond oilfield services and E&Ps are not the only ones feeling the heat. Pipeline companies are also starting to lay off workers as well. Last week Enbridge confirmed that it was laying off 500 workers and leaving 100 positions unfilled, according to the Financial Post. The job losses account for about 5 percent of Enbridge’s North American workforce.

oilprice.com...

Not exactly the way to kick start an economy.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

yes. point taken.

less spent on gas would not bring down production costs / prices ? and result in more product being paid for due to increased disposable income...increasing demand and production and creation of jobs ( albeit not in the oil industry )
Probably too simplistic. Even though I studied Economics for a few years at college, I wouldn't profess I had anything more than a tenuous grasp.
Especially given today's world economies.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Even though I studied Economics for a few years at college, I wouldn't profess I had anything more than a tenuous grasp.

It seems those who run the US have the same grasp.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   
WoW - this is single handily dismantling united states economy.

Anyone who disagrees needs to brush up on homework & seek who's filing for bankruptcies & how that impacts economies. . .

. . .aka "Trickle-Down-Effect".

Its a cut-throat market & U.S. are targeted - HEAVILY!
Be Smart. . .
edit on 31-1-2016 by SurrenderingIsBack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Gah - how are ATS members groomed to be this naive??

Stop chasing headlines & seek your own findings. . .

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Yeah, I deal with the market a little......it's just time for a panic....three cycles are hitting 10.5 year 7 year....and the big one up there is what says it.....81 year, so more panic than last time....just by cycles

then it's the Gold standard coming back.....about time...Ya see, no one makes it more than 12 years off the standard, we had computers invent derivatives to prolong it......I sound smart, huh!! nope, the Holy Spirit finds info for me to read. He kicks azz.

a basket of commodities, including Gold.....huh?!!!!!
edit on 31-1-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

The cost of withdrawing oil from oil rich fields is anywys just about one and a half dollars. While the OPEC had formed a cartel and controlled oil proces, spiking it up, US started bulk production of shale oil. Add to it the black market formed by ISIS, oil is moving at much lower rates to countries thus also lowering demand from those countries (Turkey in particular). This is as this group notes, an axis of evil - Vibhor Tikiya, www.Zohraa.com

new topics

top topics

join