It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Release full unedited video of Finicum shooting

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

FBI releases video footage of LaVoy Finicum shooting

The video shows Finicum being shot after getting out of the car and walking away from the truck toward the snow bank. His truck, where three other occupiers remained, was stuck in the snowbank. Police released flash bangs around the car. Bretzing would not say how many times Bretzing was shot. He also wouldn't say whether Finicum had pulled his gun out of his pocket. "Actions have consequences," Bretzing said. "As the video clearly shows it was a reckless action that resulted in consequences you have seen here today."

It's 26 minutes long, it's unedited as far as date & time are showing but other information has been classified (blacked out)

Details the whole scenario of what happened according to the official story

Now 2 things immediately jump out at me

The date says Jan 27th, the time of the start of the video however is 00:25 now normally this wouldn't raise any flags but it's clear daylight in the video

The time on the video just doesn't match the time of day, so what gives ? I've never been to Oregon before but I'm pretty sure they don't have daylight gone after midnight ?

Maybe the settings on the recording device where not calibrated to PST but that doesn't make much sense, why would they call in choppers from other timezone regions ?

Also the dates do not match FBI has it listed as Complete, Unedited Video of Joint FBI and OSP Operation 01/26/2016 but the date in video is 27th

Make of it what you will guys but right now I'm a little suspicious due to the amount of time they've had where it's entirely in the realms of possibility to stage their own version of what happened
edit on 28/1/16 by Discotech because: added oregon news article

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Here you go-shared in the main thread as well:

His hands were up until;

What looks to be removing/or removed his 9mm firearm from his pocket, when he was shot(not sure if I can show, see video)
-FBI vid screen cap

edit on 28-1-2016 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Yep he was definitely reaching for something but if you watch his body he's either terrified or struggling to find a footing or both so I don't think he really knows himself what he's doing at that moment. FBI confirmed he had a 9mm on him but would not confirm or deny that he was reaching for it

+32 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
So. In short, the criminals ran road block A. continued to run from authorities. Ran road block B. Ran over a LEO. got out of vehicle. Criminal exits vehicle raised arms, reached into belt to retrieve concealed weapon.....

neutralized. ..? Well Gnight...

Next!!!!!!

edit on 28-1-2016 by ReadLeader because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I couldn't tell if he was drawing a gun or reacting to a gunshot honestly. Then I'm also wondering why that officer jumped out in front of a speeding vehicle last second like he wanted to get hit by it...that had me confused as well. Guess he could just been an idiot... Then who was in front trying to back out? Also why did they need to shoot that much into the vehicle after flashbangs. Like couldn't they have shot up the vehicle without them...I thought flashbangs were to stun people to get the drop on them...not really needed if you already have the drop lol.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

He was surrounded by troopers he would have better luck if they had been FBI agents. Think they have much better training. Police will shoot you dead even if you give an appearance of reaching for something, hence the hands up. Never put them down. Don't give them a reason. He was not smart.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

This is why part of me is thinking it's not legit, you don't flashbang the front of a damn vehicle, the occupants won't be affected by it apart from hearing the "bang"

What are your thoughts on the times not matching though guys ?? Am I looking into it too much ? Just doesn't make sense it's running at 00:25 the day after it has occured and it's daylight

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

BTW...damn good find Disco...

Thanks for sharing!!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech
a reply to: RickyD

What are your thoughts on the times not matching though guys ?? Am I looking into it too much ? Just doesn't make sense it's running at 00:25 the day after it has occured and it's daylight

When I had a VCR it always blinked 12:00. Every time the thing is plugged back in it does the same thing.I have a little Nikon Coolpix with the same thing. The date doesn't match at all. There's no mandatory law that says you have to set the time on a camera.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech
The date says Jan 27th, the time of the start of the video however is 00:25 now normally this wouldn't raise any flags but it's clear daylight in the video

The time on the video just doesn't match the time of day, so what gives ? I've never been to Oregon before but I'm pretty sure they don't have daylight gone after midnight ?

Maybe the settings on the recording device where not calibrated to PST but that doesn't make much sense, why would they call in choppers from other timezone regions ?

Also the dates do not match FBI has it listed as Complete, Unedited Video of Joint FBI and OSP Operation 01/26/2016 but the date in video is 27th

Could be UTC time. Lots of official things go off that, as there's no need for conversion to local time. If you need to, it's a pretty easy job to do.

UTC is eight hours ahead of PST, so the difference would place it at about 4pm local time. That would also explain the date difference, as it would be the 27th in UTC.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Sure does look like he was reaching for something after he had his hands up and that's when they put him down. He was armed and also said he would rather die than to be caged. If he valued his life he would have not run from the cops in the first place and stayed in the truck but he got out and was clearly reaching for something. I'm sure future reports will verify he was armed, as we all already know he was. I'm sure those who support these men will cry foul and say the gun was a plant.

Mark McConnell, one of the militia guys at the scene of the deadly shooting, talks about what happened.

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
For those saying it looks like he is reacting to getting shot, what is it about his movements that show that? They look deliberate to me.

+21 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

His hands up.

Gets shot.

Arms down, goes for his own gun.

Gets shot again.

Crystal clear.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

Don't they usually have an additional UTC bar though ? I can't googlefu any specific FBI helicopter camera images but the ones that do pop up which might be standard police helicopters (This chopper footage may have been police chopper as it's not specified) all have UTC listed below the local time

As an example

Your theory is plausible but it would be nice if someone could confirm it's standard for this in regards to time ?

IF anything it looks like they've classified the part where the UTC should be

edit on 28/1/16 by Discotech because: (no reason given)

edit on 28/1/16 by Discotech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

His hands up.

Gets shot.

Gets shot again.

Crystal clear.

Where are you getting the evidence he was shot before he reached for his gun?

This was a man on record saying he'd rather be dead than in jail.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

His hands up.

Gets shot.

Gets shot again.

Crystal clear.

Ditto, exactly.....
Hey xuenchen are we on the right site?

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Hardly crystal clear, you speak of it as if that is the fact of the matter.

I could say that he saw the cops with the guns pointed at him and decided he wanted to try and get his shot off. Looks just as 'crystal' clear to me.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
The 'Take Away', is the fact, that was colaborated many, threads prior; the expired suspect did indeed attempt to brandish his weapon. ... sadly...it could have all been a different outcome. ..

edit on 28-1-2016 by ReadLeader because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Makes perfect sense because the FBI probably doesn't always adjust the time on their recording devices depending on what time zone they're in. Similar to how the military uses GMT. Either way, does it really matter because clearly this event seen is exactly what witnesses describe, more or less.
edit on 28-1-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

A police helicopter is only going to operate in one jurisdiction. So they're never going to have to operate in different timezones. The FBI on the other hand operates a limited aircraft fleet. So it's possible that an aircraft stationed at one field office will be needed at a different office in a different timezone. This it makes the most sense to just use UTC.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join