It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sexual Risk Orders: Pre-Crime and the Restriction of Civil Liberty.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

So... what can one do to be given one of these orders? there's no list of what could be deemed possible sexual assaultist?

This is another problem which is worrying. Limited reporting would suggest very limited public scrutiny.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Morrad

I can imagine scenarios where someone feared for their safety and talked to the police, but prosecution would be extremely difficult or impossible. If no laws had actually been broken, no overt threats had been made, but it looked like it was going that way... Letting them agree to this instead of going to court could actually seem like a good idea.

Any other scenarios I could imagine would boil down to a law abiding citizen being persecuted by their government without justification. It would be very disturbing. You're on life probation, with whatever terms they dictate? For not breaking any law? They can do this to any one without a trial? That's tyranny.

I hope the top paragraph is closer to the truth. If not, we need to get ready to defend our rights by any means possible. A government that operates outside the law is not benevolent.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
When you consider the lax attitudes to sentencing rapists etc. Only recently there was a scandal over police issuing cautions for sexual assaults and rapes, and judges routinely let off rapists with much lighter sentences than say, bank robbers...This whole having to bring in new laws to protect the public stuff is just so much tosh.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Good grief! I am so very glad in a way that I won't be alive in 100yrs when everyone is a robot in the planned Utopia world Governments have in store. I foresee no individuality, no creativity, no free thought or speech and sure as hell no sex unless you have a permit.

What I want to know is how the hell the Police would even know if the chap had a bonk or not anyway? Have they set up cameras in his home? Can you imagine the phone call to the coppers "Evening Officer I'm just ringing to let you know I could well be in with a chance of a sh*g tomorrow if you'd like to come and verify it"

I despair

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Call 911...Yeah, I'm about to get laid.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join