It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook strangeness (can you help)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Recently , I have noticed that facebook has for some reason reformatted many users home page. Where it once showed people's movie choices books they liked , facebook groups and such , now , on the left side area of their home page It only shows Intro , photos , and friends.
Not only that but the same is true when the user goes to the pages his or her facebook friends. Now , im not saying that this may be some kind of conspiracy (who knows) but I have been through every tab and setting that I can find within the facebook framework and have even tried different browsers and can find no solution to this anywheres.

This seems to be a common problem for many people there and I was wondering if anyone here has the same issue on their facebook homepage and has possibly found a solution. For those who don't know , I am referring to the tab where your name is as your homepage.
Any and all help here would be appreciated as of course facebook can't be bothered with this small inconvenience and their solutions lead nowhere.

I am hoping that someone here could dig into this a little and try to discover what the heck is going on with such a huge site that so many people use these days. Thanks in advance and please feel free to IM me here for any other info or a link to my page , friend request or whatever.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Funny you should post this. I just noticed that on my page this morning. You have to click on the "more" button and it is all listed there, likes, groups, etc. You can go to your friends home pages and hit the more button also.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: bluemooone2

I quit facebook about this time last year.I was noticing things I didn't like and
decided that it was time to leave.One of the things I miss the most is playing
the game Pudding Pop.It seems this game is exclusive to facebook.

Sorry you are having trouble with facebook my suggestion is to quit before
it's too late.
edit on 28-1-2016 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Yeah I realize that most facebook games are hypnotic and addictive however that's not really why I like facebook now. However I will still consider your advice as I seem to be more or less addicted to computers now also. LOLS

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Keep feeding the database of love.

delete your account

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Back a few months ago you used to be able to view people's profiles

Only condition was the person you were looking up had to have their settings on public view and allow the search engine to connect with their profile ..

However few months ago FB changed privacy

You can only view the very basic

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Hi I don't use Facebook anymore. I feel like I am being stalked. LOL

top topics

join