It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Will Air Trump Rally During Fox News Debate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Already tiring of winning! Trump 2016. This is a slugfest and now he has the news going at each other. Poor MSNBC lol.
This is REALLY bad news for FOX as they are posed to lose 10's of millions of dollars. A head will roll at FOX, it must.

www.redstate.com...
edit on 28-1-2016 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

CNN has announced that they will air Trump’s rally that he is holding live opposite the Fox News Debate in a bit of a shameless ratings play. The thinking here is that this might cut into Fox News ratings, but let’s be honest: the people who were only tuning in to watch Trump were not going to watch tomorrow night anyway. The fact that he will be on CNN will not really change that equation.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

Dayam, Trump has thrown down the gauntlet... and CNN picked it up!

I'm a Rand Paul guy but lets be honest, Trump's stunts make things dayam interesting.

I just grabbed this pic off a twitter feed from one of the executives over at Fox:

edit on 28-1-2016 by gladtobehere because: typo

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I'd rather watch a debate than a rally.

I'll likely be watching fox, if I'm awake that is.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

I'm a Rand Paul guy but lets be honest, Trump's stunts make things dayam interesting.

Makes it fun to watch for sure. Amazing how persona is different in people who really don't have to care how they act. Worse that can happen to Trump is go back to living the Donald Trump life. Poor guy hah.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven

originally posted by: gladtobehere

Makes it fun to watch for sure. Amazing how persona is different in people who really don't have to care how they act. Worse that can happen to Trump is go back to living the Donald Trump life. Poor guy hah.

If only we could all take cues from Trump's way of living.

Shameless is the way to go forward, especially in this overly offended landscape that we live in.

Fox really f'ed up. They didn't think this through or they actually thought that Trump wouldn't catch on to their setup.

You've got to get up really early to outsmart this guy.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
People still think watching television (scripted programming) educates them on politics?
edit on 28-1-2016 by RomeByFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I think I'll just play Fallout 4 instead of watching either of those televised travesties.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
This is the first indication what a Trump presidency would look like. Fox News had given Trump much face time in the early portions of his bid for president. Now, he objects to Megyn Kelly and if he's not accommodated by her removal, he rejects them

It is said to cost Fox millions of dollars for his failure to appear. Why is he doing this to people who helped elevate him to where he is today? Is this how he shows appreciation and loyalty to his supporter? Is his temper tantrums to continue when congress or the supreme court rules against him?

When dealing with the public will he say,"let them eat cake'?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
There are two diametrically opposed viewpoints in my household today.

I will be watching the rally on CNN and in the other room he will be watching the debates on Fox.

I hope there will be a good band playing at the rally...lots of loud music and fun for our veterans! If so, I am going to crank the volume up while he watches Jeb drone on and on and on while Carson yawns and Christi just looks hungry.
edit on 28-1-2016 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I'm going to watch CNN not because I care about the rally but because I find this Fox meltdown funny.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddah6
This is the first indication what a Trump presidency would look like. Fox News had given Trump much face time in the early portions of his bid for president. Now, he objects to Megyn Kelly and if he's not accommodated by her removal, he rejects them

It is said to cost Fox millions of dollars for his failure to appear. Why is he doing this to people who helped elevate him to where he is today? Is this how he shows appreciation and loyalty to his supporter? Is his temper tantrums to continue when congress or the supreme court rules against him?

When dealing with the public will he say,"let them eat cake'?

Helped him? They where trying as hard or harder than anybody to railroad him in the beginning. The first debate and the Frank Luntz focus group was amazing. He only got air time for the same reason they so desperately want him there tonight. Not because they like him, because he's ratings gold.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: EightTF3

Meh, Trump has done a good job of rail-roading himself, most people just don't care.

The dude mocked a man who suffers from a physically disability and bragged about his ability to murder someone in the streets and retain voters.

I mean, these are not my ideas - I would never advocate such things, so don't blame me for them - I never said them, and I absolutely don't support them.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: EightTF3

Not because they like him, because he's ratings gold.

Oh he's "ratings gold" alright.

He's a walking talking Jerry Springer show with a light sprinkling of The Kardashians and Honey Boo Boo all rolled up into one.

He knows what attracts the american public's attention... and he happily spoonfeeds it to them on a silver platter.

Edit to add:

You're damn straight the news corps are going to milk this honeypot for every cent they can get.

Trump knows exactly how to play the game... "The Art of the Deal"

edit on 28-1-2016 by CranialSponge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

The good thing is that I ditched cable long ago, and neither of these channels are picked up via my antenna, so I win in the end.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I would like to see a debate but, if there is a rally that supports troops and wounded warriors I will watch that since I am a Veteran. At least there are a few that actually do what they say and support all veterans instead of talking about it.

top topics

join