It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dedicated "Moon Hoax" Forum?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: webstra
a reply to: DJW001

It looks like not much appreciation for your idea DJW001.

I think it is not a good idea. We can´t speak enough about the apollo fakery.

On the contrary; the lack of support for a dedicated forum shows a lack of interest in the subject. Chemtrails has an active forum now. I guess there's just not much interest in the Moon Hoax.

You mean a thread with more then 13000 replies ?

You were the last one in the thread which was stopped.

Young Aussie genius whipping NASA in Moon Hoax Debate!

One of the biggest threads in ATS history.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

There are those whom think or make up stuff which harm's the whole subject but even then not all conspiracys about the moon are totally loony.

I never said that. You are welcome to interpret whatever you see in any way you want. There have been long standing controversies about what excellent, sober astronomical observers believe they have seen on the Moon, from transient lunar phenomena (TLPs), through mysteriously changing crater floors, to seemingly artificial bridges. Provided that the member articulates why he is making the interpretation he is, that is not only fair game, it is the life's blood of some forums here.

What I am addressing here is the tendency for people who believe that the entire Apollo program was a hoax to state their opinion without providing any evidence to back it. Instead, they resort to name calling and the thread becomes pointless. The reason that the "Young Aussie Genius" thread went on for as long as it did was because the hoax theorists kept providing fresh evidence for their case, which allowed for many opportunities to research and/or educate.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

On the contrary; the lack of support for a dedicated forum shows a lack of interest in the subject. Chemtrails has an active forum now. I guess there's just not much interest in the Moon Hoax.

What made that thread so spectacular was that some of the members kept bringing new things to the table instead of just repeating their opinion over and over again. Ideally, any future Moon Hoax thread would have that level of research done by the hoax theorists.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Not only one of the biggest but also one of the greatest don't you think DJW001 ? You were one of the bigger contributers to the thread i think. Any idea how many times you reacted ?

edit on 28-1-2016 by webstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

What made that thread so spectacular was that some of the members kept bringing new things to the table instead of just repeating their opinion over and over again. Ideally, any future Moon Hoax thread would have that level of research done by the hoax theorists.

Aren't we trained this way by old msm-detective-series ? all the little things have to be mentioned.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

What made that thread so spectacular was that some of the members kept bringing new things to the table instead of just repeating their opinion over and over again.

And part of what killed it was...

This thread is a sort of storm sewer for blatant ignorance.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Now that I've read through this thread, I think you have a point.

Although there may be very few of us that believe in the Moon Landing Hoax, there is likely to be an audience for that topic that is not necessarily made up of ATS members. When these threads are unceremoniously dropped into the Hoax or LoL bin, it may discourage outsiders from reviewing that material, or hide it from them entirely.

Outsiders are necessary for the full revenue generation model. Though this will make more work for the mods, the ultimate goal is to provide "evidence" for those interested in the topic, and generate revenue from page views. We have to remember that ATS is supported not only by our visits, but those of others who are no members.

For instance, LABTECH767, has presented some interesting evidence. I may not agree with his interpretation, but it is well presented and could keep visitors mesmerized for hours. As would a whole forum of similar threads.

Our system here on ATS will always keep our threads from degenerating into the likes of those found on GLP.

-dex

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

Good idea, but I think everyone's already on board with this being a proven hoax that we went to the moon, so it'll be like preaching to the choir.

Ummmm...no. Its not a proven hoax. Moon hoaxers have NOTHING. I rate the moon hoax on equal level with chemtrails for stupidity .

Nothing has been proven. In fact, every SINGLE claim from the moon hoax crowd has been debunked. So many times, its getting boring. Then of course you have the logistics of keeping this hoax going in 2016 and keeping all the other agencies who have sent things to the moon in line, being frankly impossible and you end up with most of the sane world looking at you hoaxers in utter disbelief.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: twitchy

The threads are not dead once they reach the Hoax or LOL forums. The discussions continue and in some cases for years. Personally I check both each day to see whats new just to read and laugh for awhile...I recommend it...a good start to your day the LOL and Hoax forums to get a laugh with my morning cup of coffee

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Apparently some people here haven't seen the photos of the landing sites and the tracks of our astronauts on the surface.

I want to say it was an Asian mission that took the pics (Japan?).

They're here on ATS somewhere. This is where I saw them.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: webstra

yup - that thread was large - but did it actually go anywhere ????

a serious question - did that thread present any novel " arguments " from the HB camp ????????????????????????

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Actually, yes it did. The Hoaxies threw everything and the kitchen sink at it. It had us scrambling to look up medical protocols, bulk stowage in the CM, television in the USSR... it was a battle of details... unlike the current wave of grandiloquent name calling.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN

Personally I check both each day to see whats new just to read and laugh for awhile...I recommend it...a good start to your day the LOL and Hoax forums to get a laugh with my morning cup of coffee

I'm not sure if you're gloating or what there, but hopefully others can see your post as a really good example of why labeling any information leads to that kind of ridicule. I usually only laugh at humorous things, but maybe I'm just not into berating others as a form of entertainment.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   

sporry - but i obviously have a more jaded reccollection of that thread

yes the hoax believers did throw out EVERYTHING

but there was nothing new

JWs " contribution " - was simply regurgitation with improved production values

everuthing else was just same old same old

you can trace it all back to the origional batcrap from rennee , percy , kaising etal

YMMV

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: twitchy
Labeling something, under some esoteric and apparent whim of a staff member is not an editorial action, and it is a complete antithesis to ''Editorial agnosticism'.

You are mistaken. There is no a staff member that does anything. Everything is done and decided by a discussion amongst staff members. Hoaxes are not moved to the hoax bin unless a member cracked it as a hoax. A [hoax] tag is usually only added to the title if a member created/perpetrated the hoax and a hoax tag may only be added by an Administrator and the same goes for moving a thread to the LoL forum. It's an exhausting process but it ensures that one person's subjective opinions doesn't affect decision making. It all boils down to the T&Cs, and this is quite clear on the topic (and this was #1 on the original T&Cs):

15). Posting: You will not Post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate. You will not solicit personal information from any member. You will not use information gathered from this website to harass, abuse or harm other people.
15l.) [HOAX]: In the event you Post more than three items that are later determined to be of an obviously hoax, fraudulent, or faked nature, your account may be terminated without warning.

So, if you think a thread ends up in the Hoax bin (or LOL) because of "some esoteric and apparent whim of a staff member" you are gravely mistaken.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   

I am not gloating or berating anyone. First off the LOL and Hoax forums are still running. I do find many of the topics funny...so funny I often spit my morning coffee everywhere. Some of the stuff in those forums is meant to be funny...but if you require me to berate you or laugh at you...I can oblige but usually no one knows as I just keep it to myself.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Gemwolf

There's threads in the hoax forum that are simple questions, how is a 'question' a hoax?
There's threads there like the Mossad/9-11 Connections that were in evidence to the US Government, but not to ATS?
There's threads moved there AUTOMATICALLY because the staff here doesn't like certain sources.
There's threads about the Talmud in there that are simple discussions about it's blatant racism.
There's threads in there that are clearly opinions, stated as such. How is that a hoax.
A mere mention of Billy Meier or Ace Baker? Off to the Hoax Bin even if the thread specifically states they aren't proponents of either.
The Protocols of Zion have never been vetted or proven to be fake, yet these get moved to the hoax bin.

And yes, ultimately this always boils down to strangely defensive memes of 'its our site, love it or leave it'.
Labeling is akin to stereotyping, and it's wrong.
Why is the membership no longer responsible for deciding what is valid? What's changed here in the last 15 years? Snopes.com is a joke, if that's the criteria for moving something to the hoax bin then that's a serious issue.

Gemwolf
"Hoaxes are not moved to the hoax bin unless a member cracked it as a hoax."

I'm pretty sure I can locate and quote a post by Skeptic Overlord himself that pretty clearly states that some topics are AUTOMATICALLY moved to the hoax forum, so no, I'm not "Gravely Mistaken". I know where this leads eventually though and I don't feel like having my account threatened over it so I'll end this here simply by saying the ATS membership is perfectly capable of disseminating information on it's own. It's what we do, it's what we've always done, until.... well that's the real question. What changed?
edit on 29-1-2016 by twitchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   
lol, this BBQ thread is already becoming a new moon landing thread as it is. The lolz is infinity now.

I am +1 on we DID land the moon,

but

downvote the need for a new forum on this specific topic.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Well it was not really intended against yourself just a general argument that some hoax may not be hoax, that said some of the theorys today we hear today are totally cuckoo and we all know that even if we keep an open mind, Lizard men anyone (not impossible but?).

My interpretation is also only that - as only a chemical analysis of this material could ever show if anything "I think I see" is really there or not, so what I am saying is your point is more than valid and I have definitely myself been wrong in the past on several occasion's with other thread's.

Some of the more outlandish theory's though maybe do deserve to be given a little bit of study remembered we have only a single angle of perspective on the universe.

Skeptical point's of view such as your own as well as those of some of the veteran's on the site are though utterly essential for the health of ATS and the community, especially to bring some of us back down to earth when we have gone too far into wonderland.

For me I see what I see, wrong or right but I am very leery about positing a solid view of how it could be what I see (I really don't have a clue) except that it suggests to me that we are either not the first sentience in the solar system or else that our own history is far longer and more colourful than almost all anthropologist would like to accept especially given the period of time for the form of molecular seperation to occur which I posit as the likely method of decay for these object's if they are indeed such as I interpret.

I think a thread series about Former Hoax thread would be good though, especially if it has a subsection of thread's that were thought to be Hoax (of all types from politics and science conspiracy/suppression/discovery to general subjects) creating a new venue to reopen subject's which had formerly been abandoned when they were thought to be hoax in nature but I suppose ATS work's and to tinker too much would make it perhaps too complicated to navigate for most that simply lurk most of the time like myself.

As for the Apollo program here is my opinion, it was genuine but perhaps massively over priced with a lot of that money going to the black budget to fund vietnam era secret operation's and to offset the true price of a war in which more bomb's (Very expensive items as we know) were dropped on the supposedly neutral nation of Laos then in the entire second world war combined.
I also want to know what there real reason for stopping the lunar mission's was and why a civilian lunar observatory and base was never established as it so very much should have been.
edit on 29-1-2016 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   
As if on cue:

Oxford University's Dr David Grimes came up with an equation proving that a moon landing hoax is extremely unlikely. Excellent Article for all conspiracy theorists.

In short the math indicate that the moon landing hoax would've began in 1965 and involved 411 000 NASA employees. Thus, he concluded that a hoax would've been revealed in 3.7 years.

So, to come back to the question. I think Moon Landing Hoax believers should really let go. Giving them a forum would just enable and validate them. In my o so humble opinion.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join