It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you embarrassed by your former level of ignorance?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I remember trying my hand at stock trading a long time ago. I used to spend hours watching CNBC trying to learn new things. While I do think that CNBC allowed a lot of really high-quality and varied analysis of the stock market at that time (I haven't watched it in years), it never crossed my mind that CNBC could be presenting a biased outlook. I caught on pretty quickly that some of their reporting was pure BS. For instance, how did they know that "Investors sold off for reason X" or "Investors bought for reason Y"? Their reasoning about those types of things usually seemed far too oversimplified and ridiculous.

However, back then I didn't think about the fact that the owners of CNBC may have been in bed with the plunge protection team (I didn't know it existed then) or any one of a number of parties involved in rigging the markets. I did get a sense for the overall nature of the rigged stock market pretty quickly. I just didn't realize how naive I was about CNBC's potential involvement in that for a long, long time.

That embarrasses me. I'm embarrassed by such ignorance and I could give other examples.

edit on 28-1-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Why should you be embarrassed, you should be proud you develop a more complex interpretation of things in any case.

Learning is always good

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
Why should you be embarrassed, you should be proud you develop a more complex interpretation of things in any case.

Learning is always good

Exactly.

Put another way - "Are you shameful towards others who previously showed ignorance?"

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I don't get embarrassed just for realizing I was ignorant about something. I might be embarrassed that I repeated something I'd heard elsewhere without giving it the investigation it deserved though.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
i feel like i make people embarrassed by their level of ignorance. especially jehovahs witnesses who come knocking on my door and cant even respond when i ask them to list the ten commandments

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I'm embarrassed by my current level of ignorance.....

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent

Learning is always good

What's embarrassing is seeing an obvious truth that you feel like should have been obvious right from the start but wasn't. I feel embarrassed about being stupid. Why? If you're really interested in why I feel that way watch the beginning of the video below. I quoted part of it. It's a very simple concept that I should have realized quickly myself but I didn't.

Things like this make me wonder what else is right in front of me (both positive and negative) that I'm missing completely. That makes me feel embarrassed because I feel very foolish and stupid.

I want to read this to you. Today's Wall Street Journal...the most marvelous newspaper you can get as a contrary indicator because everything you are told in this will help the stock exchange and contribute to your ruin in the market...The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, and The Los Angeles Times have as their proprietary owners, the New York banks and the New York Stock Exchange. They own the press and the networks...

www.youtube.com...

originally posted by: nwtrucker

I'm embarrassed by my current level of ignorance.....

1,000,000 stars!!!

Exactly. If "the meek will inherent the earth", could that be because only the meek are capable of evolving?

I mean, haughty people usually see no reason to evolve anyway.

edit on 28-1-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

In hindsight everything looks obvious isn't it?
edit on 28-1-2016 by Indigent because: hindsight

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

If you are looking for similar tales of Wall Street woe then this is not the best place to find solace-however you would not be alone.

Never gamble on stocks as it's the majority of stock holders who will manipulate the system. Buy low, sell high, wait for the prices to plateau-then sell before the market takes a dive, and then but shares in another company on the rise, then rinse and repeat.

IMO Unless you can ascertain majority shares in a company then I would not purchase any shares whatsoever.

edit on 28-1-2016 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Not embarrassed id say, just glad to have a new superior perspective, level of intelligence or additional trusted information within my reach.

Do you think babies care if they fall over a zillion times before walking? Nah just happy as heck to be able to wizz around walking and running with a higher view and further reach

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

I agree with this. Sadly the only way to win with any higher chance of a 50% success rate; is to cheat.

2nd

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
I remember trying my hand at stock trading a long time ago. I used to spend hours watching CNBC trying to learn new things. While I do think that CNBC allowed a lot of really high-quality and varied analysis of the stock market at that time (I haven't watched it in years), it never crossed my mind that CNBC could be presenting a biased outlook. I caught on pretty quickly that some of their reporting was pure BS. For instance, how did they know that "Investors sold off for reason X" or "Investors bought for reason Y"? Their reasoning about those types of things usually seemed far too oversimplified and ridiculous.

However, back then I didn't think about the fact that the owners of CNBC may have been in bed with the plunge protection team (I didn't know it existed then) or any one of a number of parties involved in rigging the markets. I did get a sense for the overall nature of the rigged stock market pretty quickly. I just didn't realize how naive I was about CNBC's potential involvement in that for a long, long time.

That embarrasses me. I'm embarrassed by such ignorance and I could give other examples.

Just think about how embarassed you will one day be about how ignorant you are today!

No. I was, and always will be, an ignorant fool. I just keep trying to do better, in all futility. As are (presumably) we all.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

even more, if you feel its all rigged, you have a duty to not participate to begin with....but you are absolutely correct.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

No,I am not embarrassed by my "ignorance" I have several members' here
that are always calling me ignorant.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Nope, not at all, because I have learned from it and it is what has brought me to the point where I "trust but verify" nearly everything that I hear.

The only thing to be embarrassed about concerning ignorance is if it is willful, and there is a lot of that going around these days, especially during presidential campaigns.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I am embaressed by these type of topics

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

keep on listening to what people are replying to you maybe you evolve

Mods not sure about the level of harshness

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

edit on 28-1-2016 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Quite honestly, I'm even MORE embarrassed to be around the ignorance, hate, and critical attitudes such as the ones targeted towards the OP right here.

Get a grip people, we are NOT the enemy.

Divide and conquer remember?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Given the history of negativity
We should all be embarrassed according to op

top topics

<<   2 >>

join