It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Trump Accepts Cruz’s Debate Invitation, Pro-Cruz Super PACs Are Willing to Make This Pledge

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Trump supported vets from day one of his campaign and further has NOT used vets as a foil against candidate Cruz.

Being most of your points are illogical and nonsensical by ignoring Rule 10 and discounting the GOPe/RNC hatred of both candidates it seemed not worth response.

Isn't coordinating with a Super Pac illegal per the law. Such as Cruz just did.
edit on 28-1-2016 by Phoenix because: Add comment

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408
I'm all for Trump. I'm sick of the trash talking by all the candidates. There are a few I couldn't get behind, but Trump, Cruz, Rubio, Carson, and maybe even Christie would get my vote if they are the GOP candidate. I'm ready for this crap to end so they can stop digging up dirt on each other though.

And yet Trump is the main person doing this, in fact hes the one that instigated it, hes notorious for insulting and going after people, making fun of them....

If youre sick of it, blame the person who is furthering it.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

Trump supported vets from day one of his campaign and further has used vets as a foil against candidate Cruz.

Really? whats his contributions to vets? Actions speak louder than words

Being most of your points are illogical and nonsensical by ignoring Rule 10 and discounting the GOPe/RNC hatred of both candidates it seemed not worth response.

Can you please explain to me which ones are illogical and nonsensical? because they all seemed pretty relevant to me, I will note again you have refused to respond to even the most basic of them, which was, how can you blame Cruz when this whole kurfluffel is at Trumps doing?

Isn't coordinating with a Super Pac illegal per the law. Such as Cruz just did.

speaking of nonsensical

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: UnBreakable

I don't know why Cruz wants to do this so much. Cruz has flip-flopped on a number of issues, and called out on them by Rubio, and even Newt Gingrich. Trump would have his way on this. Plus Trump is leading in Iowa. This is just a desperation move by Cruz to improve his numbers. Trump has nothing to gain by doing this, only Cruz does.

"Flip-Flopped on Legal Immigration
Flip-Flopped on H-1B Visas
Flip-Flopped on Birthright Citizenship
Flip-Flopped on Mass Deportation
Flip-Flopped on Syria
Flip-Flopped on Ground Troops in Syria
Flip-Flopped on Edward Snowden"
marcorubio.com...

actually most of those were misrepresented or flat out lies by Rubio, and Cruz countered them in the debate with facts

If you look them up youll see that those accusations are false....

Again hes not my choice, Rand Paul is, but if were going to deal with facts....

Not to mention, this isnt a discussion so much about that , and more addressing this particular issue, I dont wish to derail this thread with talking points

That's my impression as well, as much as Paul is closer to my actual position, Cruz is in close orbit with relatively few incongruities and a real chance at the 'R' nomination.

At this point, the only significant hesitation I have is his associations with Goldman Sachs.

I don't really understand why Trump has pulled this, is isn't brilliant or provocative, just petulant and he didn't have to do it. It really makes me suspect the accusations that he might drop the basket in the last mile, intentionally or otherwise.

I watched his interview with O'Reilly and Bill was clearly rooting for him but couldn't stop shaking his head. he was even trying to get a flattering word in edgewise with great difficulty.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Yea, I'm curious about this as well. I don't recall any bombastic and outraged speeches about our failing VA centers, a problem that has literally transcended every modern Presidency.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix
I am disappointed that no one in media immediately mentioned Rule 10 to Cruz when he grandstanded this proposal - they know better.

That Cruz is blatantly playing on the publics ignorance of Rule 10 shows what a lying charlatan he really is.

Having Rule 10 pointed out early in this thread I'm surprised ATS'ers still continue Cruz's charade instead of calling it what it is,

Deceitful

Some folks have already made up their minds.

Rules etc be damned, they demand trump place himself in a bad position because they want him to!!!

Lol, it is rather silly isn't it.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

I agree with you on all points actually

We all know why Trump did this, ratings, exposure, and to make an example out of FOX, "dont mess with me, fall in line, and do what I tell you or suffer"

Its the only reason that actually makes sense.......play ball his way or be destroyed

Not who i want as president

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Sargeras

I haven't seen anyone demand anything of Trump actually. Just people remarking on this challenge Ted made to Trump. Maybe we are reading different threads.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sargeras

I am disappointed that no one in media immediately mentioned Rule 10 to Cruz when he grandstanded this proposal - they know better.

That Cruz is blatantly playing on the publics ignorance of Rule 10 shows what a lying charlatan he really is.

Having Rule 10 pointed out early in this thread I'm surprised ATS'ers still continue Cruz's charade instead of calling it what it is,

Deceitful

Some folks have already made up their minds.

Rules etc be damned, they demand trump place himself in a bad position because they want him to!!!

Lol, it is rather silly isn't it.

How is it a bad position? Cruz would be there too, so wouldnt that even the playing field and the risk?

Again these excuses make NO sense

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Yea, I'm curious about this as well. I don't recall any bombastic and outraged speeches about our failing VA centers, a problem that has literally transcended every modern Presidency.

Agreed I havent either, he usually makes his generalized statements "I love our vets, our vets are great, very very special people" which inevitably turns to "Vets love me, im the most outspoken person on the VA and vets"

All the well hes said SQUAT about them until he wanted to run for president

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

oh look

As Emily Canal of Forbes reported in October: "The Donald J. Trump Foundation has donated $5.5 million to 298 charities between 2009 and 2013 (the most recent year available), according to the non-profit's 990 tax forms from those years. Of that, only $57,000 has been donated has been donated to seven organizations that directly benefit military veterans or their families, Forbes found. Wounded Warriors was not among the organizations Trump's foundation gave to in that time period."

man he loves those vets, to the poster who said 1.5 million in donation from Cruz superpac was PEANUTS, what do you call THAT number?

From Mr.Trump the vet champion
edit on 1/28/2016 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Kinda like avoiding subject of "Mississippi massacre" that goes long way in proving duplicity by Cruz.

Candidates cannot directly coordinate with Pacs, Cruz is not putting up $$ nor paying for venue - his Pac is. Cruz did coordinate and do invatation - no?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Charlatan? Really? Look up his history for standing up for the constitution, his battles in the supreme court, what hes done on the senate floor, you can say a lot about Cruz but the man has the courage of his convictions and has backed it up with his voting record and his experience as a constiutional lawyer WINNING cases in favor of the constitution...

You can disagree with his policies or his ideology, but you cant call him a charlatan the man backs up his words with action.

The Charlatan between the two is most definitely TRUMP

Already addressed this, they are the top 2 contenders for the office for Repubs by double digit numbers, leading everyone else by embarrassing margins.

You really think the RNC would kick them out for this?

Not a chance.........

Um, it is written into their rules... They cannot just ignore them at will....

Seriously?

Just take a step back, admit you didn't know that rule existed before taking your stance, rethink your position and come back with something smart.

Don't try to Grand stand on an invalid point just because you made it in ignorance.

Why would any person intentionally limit their options for a no gain scenario?

Nobody smart would back themselves into a corner just appease some idiotic taunt during a political campaign.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Kinda like avoiding subject of "Mississippi massacre" that goes long way in proving duplicity by Cruz.

Candidates cannot directly coordinate with Pacs, Cruz is not putting up $$ nor paying for venue - his Pac is. Cruz did coordinate and do invatation - no?

Its not coordination if Cruz already propositioned it..........the superpac merely said they would donate if Trump decided to do it.......

Their decision came AFTER the fact

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Hmmm... Doesn't look very supportive to me. I'm still concerned about why he hasn't mentioned anything about our failing VA centers. I see that as the number one issue at the forefront of most veterans' minds, yet nothing from him about that issue. Though to be honest, there is silence from almost all the candidates on that front. That isn't just a Trump failing there. But until I see a candidate get serious about overhauling our VA centers, I won't believe for a second they support veterans.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I think ive proved my point succinctly and it still stands........

Theres no way the RNC would boot them out, they have no other contenders even close to the level as these two....

I thought you guys were all bout bucking the status quo?

Now all the sudden its a different tune?

Typical

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Hmmm... Doesn't look very supportive to me. I'm still concerned about why he hasn't mentioned anything about our failing VA centers. I see that as the number one issue at the forefront of most veterans' minds, yet nothing from him about that issue. Though to be honest, there is silence from almost all the candidates on that front. That isn't just a Trump failing there. But until I see a candidate get serious about overhauling our VA centers, I won't believe for a second they support veterans.

absolutely agree on that , Id like to see some real talk and planning to fix that issue

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I think ive proved my point succinctly and it still stands........

Theres no way the RNC would boot them out, they have no other contenders even close to the level as these two....

I thought you guys were all bout bucking the status quo?

Now all the sudden its a different tune?

Typical

It is a matter a brains, in chess if I sacrifice even a single piece, it is going to be for a reason that gives me an advantage.

Nothing just give you one because you say i'm too chicken to play without it.

You have made no points unless we count that you proved your unabashedly against Trump and want him to take idiot bait.

There is nothing to be gained for trump by doing what you say, nothing, not one thing.

If there is no up side, why do a thing at all?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

edit on 1jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

The RNC would relish the chance to have an excuse to boot both Cruz and Trump.

Cruz has shown in this instance that he has no qualms about deceiving the public and using vets to do so.

I fail to see how you can extrapolate that at all, eluding to the fact that Cruz reason for doing this was to decieve the people is an extremely large reach, and honestly doesnt make much sense

And how exactly is he using the vets and TRUMP wasnt? Cruz didnt start this with the vets, Trump did, and he did it for ratings and to teach FOX a lesson, and used the troops to do so

Cruz people merely called him on it, and said "Fine" if the troops are what youre concerned about we will donte too.......

I find the thinking of Trump supporters baffling

You accuse Cruz of using the troops but are completely blinded by Trumps emotional extortion of "patriots" to get himself more press

Again there is no way the RNC would boot both of these contenders out, they have no one else that could beat Hillary or Challenge Bernie, none.......

Again, as I said previously, Rubio has the better chance of beating Clinton than Cruz or Trump. Rubio is the only one considered "establishment" among all three.

Rubio vs Clinton RCP Average 12/16 - 1/13 -- -- 47.0 44.5 Rubio +2.5
Cruz vs Clinton- RCP Average 12/16 - 1/13 -- -- 46.8 45.5 Cruz +1.3
Trump vs Clinton - RCP Average 12/22 - 1/13 -- -- 44.0 41.3 Clinton +2.7
www.realclearpolitics.com...

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join