It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Trump Accepts Cruz’s Debate Invitation, Pro-Cruz Super PACs Are Willing to Make This Pledge

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd
Why doesn't Trump just double the donation. 3 Million isn't much to a man of his stature.

Because Trump is Trump. This was never about the troops or donating money. That was just a cop-out he was using to excuse the fact that he didn't want to do the debate because of his petty rivalry with Kelly and Ted is trying to capitalize on that with this ploy here. I think it is brilliant too.
edit on 28-1-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I am disappointed that no one in media immediately mentioned Rule 10 to Cruz when he grandstanded this proposal - they know better.

That Cruz is blatantly playing on the publics ignorance of Rule 10 shows what a lying charlatan he really is.

Having Rule 10 pointed out early in this thread I'm surprised ATS'ers still continue Cruz's charade instead of calling it what it is,

Deceitful

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I don't know why Cruz wants to do this so much. Cruz has flip-flopped on a number of issues, and called out on them by Rubio, and even Newt Gingrich. Trump would have his way on this. Plus Trump is leading in Iowa. This is just a desperation move by Cruz to improve his numbers. Trump has nothing to gain by doing this, only Cruz does.

"Flip-Flopped on Legal Immigration
Flip-Flopped on H-1B Visas
Flip-Flopped on Birthright Citizenship
Flip-Flopped on Mass Deportation
Flip-Flopped on Syria
Flip-Flopped on Ground Troops in Syria
Flip-Flopped on Edward Snowden"
marcorubio.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

I don't know why Cruz wants to do this so much. Cruz has flip-flopped on a number of issues, and called out on them by Rubio, and even Newt Gingrich. Trump would have his way on this. Plus Trump is leading in Iowa. This is just a desperation move by Cruz to improve his numbers. Trump has nothing to gain by doing this, only Cruz does.

"Flip-Flopped on Legal Immigration
Flip-Flopped on H-1B Visas
Flip-Flopped on Birthright Citizenship
Flip-Flopped on Mass Deportation
Flip-Flopped on Syria
Flip-Flopped on Ground Troops in Syria
Flip-Flopped on Edward Snowden"
marcorubio.com...

actually most of those were misrepresented or flat out lies by Rubio, and Cruz countered them in the debate with facts

If you look them up youll see that those accusations are false....

Again hes not my choice, Rand Paul is, but if were going to deal with facts....

Not to mention, this isnt a discussion so much about that , and more addressing this particular issue, I dont wish to derail this thread with talking points

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

So if what you are saying here is true, then it would behoove Trump to accept Cruz's challenge so as to dispel his bluff right? Or are you just making excuses for the Donald here?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

I am disappointed that no one in media immediately mentioned Rule 10 to Cruz when he grandstanded this proposal - they know better.

That Cruz is blatantly playing on the publics ignorance of Rule 10 shows what a lying charlatan he really is.

Charlatan? Really? Look up his history for standing up for the constitution, his battles in the supreme court, what hes done on the senate floor, you can say a lot about Cruz but the man has the courage of his convictions and has backed it up with his voting record and his experience as a constiutional lawyer WINNING cases in favor of the constitution...

You can disagree with his policies or his ideology, but you cant call him a charlatan the man backs up his words with action.

The Charlatan between the two is most definitely TRUMP

Having Rule 10 pointed out early in this thread I'm surprised ATS'ers still continue Cruz's charade instead of calling it what it is,

Already addressed this, they are the top 2 contenders for the office for Repubs by double digit numbers, leading everyone else by embarrassing margins.

You really think the RNC would kick them out for this?

Not a chance.........

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Why doesn't Trump just double the donation. 3 Million isn't much to a man of his stature.

Because Trump is Trump. This was never about the troops or donating money. That was just a cop-out he was using to excuse the fact that he didn't want to do the debate because of his petty rivalry with Kelly and Ted is trying to capitalize on that with this ploy here. I think it is brilliant too.

I can think of a lot of words to describe Ted Cruz. Brilliant isn't one of them. If any GOP candidate has a chance against Hillary, it's Rubio. And I'm not even a fan of his. Cruz and Trump are too extreme. When things fall into place after June it will be Rubio (R) vs Hillary (D) vs Trump (I). Yes, Trump will leave the GOP tent, book it.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

So if what you are saying here is true, then it would behoove Trump to accept Cruz's challenge so as to dispel his bluff right? Or are you just making excuses for the Donald here?

exactly

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

I can think of a lot of words to describe Ted Cruz. Brilliant isn't one of them. If any GOP candidate has a chance against Hillary, it's Rubio. And I'm not even a fan of his. Cruz and Trump are too extreme. When things fall into place after June it will be Rubio (R) vs Hillary (D) vs Trump (I). Yes, Trump will leave the GOP tent, book it.

Oh I'm not a Cruz supporter and I only called this plan of Cruz' brilliant. I didn't call him brilliant. Though I will say that Cruz is apparently an expert debater and I imagine Trump would have his hands full going one-on-one with him.

I would prefer Rubio over Cruz myself as far as Republican candidates go.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I'm not making excuses for Trump. I think it's a mistake skipping tonights debate and I would think a Cruz-Trump mano-a-mano would be entertaining if nothing else. I'm just stating what most pundits are saying: Trump, at this point, has nothing to gain in Iowa by engaging Cruz.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

The RNC would relish the chance to have an excuse to boot both Cruz and Trump.

Cruz has shown in this instance that he has no qualms about deceiving the public and using vets to do so.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Which pundits?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
This hurts trump.
The character he has created "would not back down because of some insignificant women."
Him looking like a whiner hurts him, the persona he created is the opposite of this behavior.

The guy with the most debate speaking time, center stage, most coverage is complaining about not getting a fair shake, a chronic liar who puts so much out as fact which is not true is complaining about a hit piece? a man who personally insults people.
If you are going to buy into trump's persona he made up for the campaign buy it all the way.

This is some cognitive dissonance right here.

He takes a 5 point hit at least.

p.s.- it's an act, he's acting. he's way smarter than you. Trump would make any communications or social psychologist professor proud.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix

The RNC would relish the chance to have an excuse to boot both Cruz and Trump.

Cruz has shown in this instance that he has no qualms about deceiving the public and using vets to do so.

I fail to see how you can extrapolate that at all, eluding to the fact that Cruz reason for doing this was to decieve the people is an extremely large reach, and honestly doesnt make much sense

And how exactly is he using the vets and TRUMP wasnt? Cruz didnt start this with the vets, Trump did, and he did it for ratings and to teach FOX a lesson, and used the troops to do so

Cruz people merely called him on it, and said "Fine" if the troops are what youre concerned about we will donte too.......

I find the thinking of Trump supporters baffling

You accuse Cruz of using the troops but are completely blinded by Trumps emotional extortion of "patriots" to get himself more press

Again there is no way the RNC would boot both of these contenders out, they have no one else that could beat Hillary or Challenge Bernie, none.......

edit on 1/28/2016 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

link   
Trump needs a safe space from big bad Megyn Kelly.

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

link   
a reply to: jellyrev

Hammer meet nail

You hit in on the head

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Cruz absolutely knew of Rule 10 when grandstanding in the media regarding an unsanctioned debate - do you dispute this fact?

Case closed.

Btw, used to like Ted till I learned his part in Mississippi tea party take down.
edit on 28-1-2016 by Phoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix

Cruz absolutely knew of Rule 10 when grandstanding in the media regarding an unsanctioned debate - do you dispute this fact?

Case closed.

Btw, used to like Ted till I learned his part in Mississippi tea party take down.

Youve failed to address anything else I said, or state the case as to how he was using anyone, again you were reaching and have yet to back up your statements

You have also failed to answer how Cruz was using the vets and the people to further an agenda, and yet Trump was NOT using the vets for his own agenda, since hes the one who instigated this Snub of Fox, and redirection to his own event.....

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
Trump could easily counter with, "Well, if you have money to help veterans, then why haven't you spent that money already to help veterans rather than using said money for a political campaign?"
Nothing sticks to Trump even when he steps in it up to his nipples...

uuuwwe, Trumps nipples...
Thanks

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I'm all for Trump. I'm sick of the trash talking by all the candidates. There are a few I couldn't get behind, but Trump, Cruz, Rubio, Carson, and maybe even Christie would get my vote if they are the GOP candidate. I'm ready for this crap to end so they can stop digging up dirt on each other though.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join