It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Still Investigating Planned Parenthood, Even After Sting Videos Backfire

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: neveroddoreven99

Actually no, any lost funding sent to PP has been immediately challenged in court and funding is being mostly restored. And every time the funding is restored, it's because no charges are sticking against PP.

PLUS defunding PP in light of allegations turning into indictments is judging guilt through the court of public opinion.
edit on 28-1-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Psychonautics

It's a legal issue. It's against the law. That's a very very basic component to this argument. Let's equate this to illegal narcotics. Undercover media investigates and meets with a suspected drug kingpin. He says he can get you drugs. He tells you how he would get you drugs. He just doesn't actually get you drugs, so technically not illegal. That is the basis for support of every person that claims PP did nothing wrong. They say, "well, he didn't actually SELL you drugs, so he must not be a drug dealer." Seriously, I don't know where everyone's ethical standards sit, obviously, but PP supporters' have to be extremely low to not have any sort of issue with this.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Maybe google HB294?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: neveroddoreven99

Maybe google HB294?

Ok. Now which one?

This one?

This one?

This one?

This one?

This one?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

hey, congress is on their third investigation it seems. and no, CMP never had to answer any questions in the first two.
The third investigation was supposed paid $300,000 to fund it till Jan 2...but they are still working on find that evidence.... or maybe making it up who knows.
So, if each of the other two investigations cost about the same amount, that is close to a million dollars wasted.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

but in this case, it was CMP who sent contracts to pp, who then had their lawyers reviews them (ever hear in those videos where the pp representatives say that they would have to consult the lawyers before making an agreements?) I did!
so the lawyers reviewed those contracts and told planned parenthood that they involved illegal activities, so they were rejected.
also, did you notice that in the videos it was CMP that was trying to drive up the price? I did! and well, by what I have read, in the actual conversations, there were statements made the the pp repsentatives to the tune of "that wouldn't be appropriate, or that would be illegal".... they just took such statements out of the released videos.

but cmp sending a contract over to planned parenthood (with more than likely part of that contract that made it illegal was the inflated price that they offered to pay) was an offer to buy fetal tissue, not to reimburse for the cost incurred by planned parenthood...
thus, well, CMP was trying to engage in the buying and selling of fetal tissue, which is illegal, planned parenthood rejected their offer, they didn't wish to engage in that illegal activity.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

It's a legal issue. It's against the law. That's a very very basic component to this argument. Let's equate this to illegal narcotics. Undercover media investigates and meets with a suspected drug kingpin. He says he can get you drugs. He tells you how he would get you drugs. He just doesn't actually get you drugs, so technically not illegal. That is the basis for support of every person that claims PP did nothing wrong. They say, "well, he didn't actually SELL you drugs, so he must not be a drug dealer." Seriously, I don't know where everyone's ethical standards sit, obviously, but PP supporters' have to be extremely low to not have any sort of issue with this.

I think you misunderstood my post.

I'm not talking about the legalities, I'm just questioning whether selling parts of, or whole fetuses, is inherently wrong.

If it's going in the trash, who cares where else it might go?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
GOP Still Investigating Planned Parenthood, Even After Sting Videos Backfire
Because they are the GOP..that's what they do,whine about big government while being big government.
edit on 28-1-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I bet you none one GOP politician will advocate the investigation of the Michigan Governor who poisoned thousands of children and adults as well with lead poison

They’ll continue chasing shadows like Obama’s birth certificate, Bill Clinton’s sex life, this phony scandal against PP, Benghazi where they never find any wrongdoing.

They refuse to look where there is real wrongdoing because it will confirm their philosophy is responsible for what ails the country

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I say let them investigate till their eyeballs fall out.

When they finally find that there is virtually nothing PP can be indicted for, the investigations will quickly fade into the background.

Then we can stand back, and add up all of the money and manpower wasted on these investigations. Once we have the final numbers, we can let the small government, balanced budget inclined conservatives justify these expenditures for their failed witch-hunt.

-dex

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

There should be a time when "we the people" sue them for conducting frivolous investigations with tax payer dollars, that's what there should be!

If we don't put a stop to it, sooner or later when they run out of legal options, I expect they'll get their assault weapons and go take over a bird sanctuary somewhere and cry out for support & sympathy from their "patriot" brethren.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Actually it is because the dems in charge right now have no regard for the law, or the constitution.

They decide what is right and wrong based upon their opinions instead of the rule of law.

You should be ashamed of yourself if you see this as a good thing! It absolutely disgusts me. just
saying.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Diisenchanted

Actually it is because the dems in charge right now have no regard for the law, or the constitution.

They decide what is right and wrong based upon their opinions instead of the rule of law.

You should be ashamed of yourself if you see this as a good thing! It absolutely disgusts me. just
saying.

Woah hold up..I know Krazyshot can speak for himself, so this is just my comment to you, You are saying that the people who forged a vid, wasted I donno how much worth of tax payers $$$ pursuing this endless as they pursued ending Obamacare ,are not the bad guys, But the Dems who only controls the Oval office???
edit on 29-1-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Diisenchanted

saying.

I'll tell you what. I'll let you be ashamed of myself for me. I don't let emotional rhetoric like this sway me. I only care about the facts and evidence. So have fun being miserable for no reason, but if you've convinced yourself that Obama and co are who is responsible for not getting PP indicted then facts and evidence isn't something you care about. So it'll probably be a waste of time to engage here any further.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Did you not read any of the links you spent so much time digging up?

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

How exactly was the video forged? I'm assuming you've watched all 10+ hours or unedited footage? I have. Did they use CGI to make their lips look like they were saying words that were added in post production?

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Because it's not as simple as that. Put some thought into it. Try to think of some negative consequences of an infant organ marketplace.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Did you not read any of the links you spent so much time digging up?

Not really. You told me to google a house bill with that number so I did. I didn't spend much time digging them up either. They were literally the first 5 links in the google search window after googling that house bill.

I did that to drive the point home that it isn't MY responsibility to do YOUR research.
edit on 29-1-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

well, only the first two are even remotely relevant to the discussion, my guess would be that it's the first, but well...
I bet if you looked further, you would find more.

maybe he can give us a hint, is it a state house, or the federal house? if it is a state house, which state? or gee, since he knows what he is talking about, maybe he can find it and give us the text, or a link to it.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Because it's not as simple as that. Put some thought into it. Try to think of some negative consequences of an infant organ marketplace.

Because I'm not as constrained by human emotion as most are, I think that any organ marketplace would be quite profitable. Making use of unused organs to extend the lives of viable humans makes perfectly good sense to me.

I found the Chinese practice of using the organs from their executed prisoners to be sheer genius. Such a policy should be implemented worldwide.

-dex

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join