It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Still Investigating Planned Parenthood, Even After Sting Videos Backfire

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Cant keep people from believing what they hear on fox news, good thing the gop investigated pp in the 90s and found no wrong doings, must be election time or something.

Oh and thanks for the laughs gop fans, keep up the great work on protecting murika one lie at a time.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Would it really even be a huge deal if they COULD sell human fetuses?

I mean, it's an aborted human being, the parents didn't want it, and it's gonna end up either incinerated or dumped who knows where.

At least selling it to medicine or something would be better than literally nothing.

I don't see how it's a moral issue, then again I am not a proponent of life after death, a corpse is a corpse, to me.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I'm asking YOU to stop believing lies and stop supporting GOP members on an obvious witch hunt.

They caught themselves.

No they didn't. No charges are sticking. That is a fact you can't argue around. The videos were deceptive and all legal analysis towards them has made nothing come from the accusations in the videos.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

You're still making excuses for PP? what for, since obviously (lol) they weren't in the wrong, caught on tape, cutting deals for 'tissue samples', over dinner?

Which excuses am I making for PP? I'm asking YOU to stop believing lies and stop supporting GOP members on an obvious witch hunt.

What lies are you talking about? You do realize that the undercover people are in trouble only for using false ID's, right? After the charges were brought on them, everyone expects the whole thing to drop, but there are still illegal actions going on within PP that deserve investigations. Why should anyone call that off? Have you watched the videos?

No. There aren't. Are you missing the fact that these charges against CMP resulted from a trial that was investigating PP initially? Instead of indicting PP, they indicted CMP. That should tell you something.

Have you watched the videos?

Are you a lawyer? No, but you are clearly trying to be an internet lawyer here. I don't care about your or my opinion of those videos. I DO care about all the legal evidence showing that no legal action has resulted against PP as a result of those videos.
edit on 28-1-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: stormbringer1701

Well, if CMP was so gun ho about going through a discovery process... they wouldn't have fought the discovery process all the way up to the supreme court in the National Abortion Federation case.

actually the video sting did not backfire. The indictments are for using false IDs to get past the PP persona non grata activist black list. Same thing sixty minutes used to do in their investigative reporting. The indictments have nothing to do with the veracity of the reports.

Daleiden’s group, the Center for Medical Progress, said in a statement Tuesday that he used “the same undercover techniques that investigative journalists have used for decades” and is protected by the First Amendment. One of his defense lawyers, Charles LiMandri of the Freedom of Conscience Defense Fund, issued a statement Wednesday reiterating that Daleiden and Merritt are “investigative journalists … using standard, and legal, undercover investigative techniques.” The law they are accused of breaking, LiMandri’s statement said, “was never intended to act as a means of preventing undercover journalists from doing their jobs. Rather, the law was intended to stop people like identity thieves from stealing Social Security checks from seniors.”

Those arguments won’t do Daleiden and Merritt much good as a matter of law, according to the experts I talked to Wednesday: First Amendment scholars Jane Kirtley of the University of Minnesota and Eugene Volokh of the University of California; Nicole Casarez, a lawyer and journalism professor at the University of St. Thomas in Houston; and George Freeman, a former New York Times assistant general counsel who is now executive director of the Media Law Resource Center.

“The law against fraud applies to everybody, whether you’re a journalist or not, Casarez said. “There’s no First Amendment right to fake a driver’s license.”

blogs.reuters.com...

No, journalists don't typically use fake id's and break other laws while going after a story. This article brings up a few cases where journalists have gotten into trouble for thinking that they were above the laws.

Although this might be more of a scare tactic on the part of the prosecution, it seems that there are two laws in tx pertaining to using fake ID's, they chose the toughest on, the one that deals with changing a real gov't doc in an attempt to defraud someone, no one that is created from scratch. Maybe they have the proof that it was an original document, who knows. But it wouldn't surprise me if it's brought down to the lesser charge.

furthermore the indictments came from the same DA office that jury shopped seven times in order to get the former GOP speaker of the House. It is not an honest legal process down there in that county. It will require PP to open itself to the discovery process. additionally legal experts opine that the state/PP will lose.

ya know, this is the second time a pro-life group pulled a stunt like this, back in the early 2000's a group did something so similar that it almost seems that CMP use their guidebook. There was investigations then also, nothing illegal was found, and interestingly enough, the same kind of denials were heard from the right.

They gripe and complain year after year about how much of their taxmoney is wasted in programs that feed poor families, put a roof over their head, provide them with medical care, but when it comes to defunding a program that will help families control their own reproduction and thus the number of children they bring into the world, well, they are willing to beat a horse that many of the old timers should have known was dead to begin with. After all many were around the first time, they had been there, and done that before, but still beat away, knowing full well that in the end it was going nowhere. Weather they are in denial, maybe some are, but I do believe that many know danged well the horse is dead! But they need votes, they need the christian right behind them, so they will beat that dead decaying horse till it stinks up every airway, internet channel, and newpaper in america!!! And waste money left and right doing it while they whine about the poor sucking their livelihoods out of their pockets!

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

it was a grand jury, not a trial....
just wanted to clear that up, lest they start accusing you or bs...

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I'm asking YOU to stop believing lies and stop supporting GOP members on an obvious witch hunt.

They caught themselves.

No they didn't. No charges are sticking. That is a fact you can't argue around. The videos were deceptive and all legal analysis towards them has made nothing come from the accusations in the videos.

I agree there won't be any charges. The government is killing whole nations, hiding that quite well, too.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

another thing I find interesting is how, whenever a conservative republican doesn't do something that the conservative base doesn't like they all of a sudden become liberals.

Heck I was told a few times after bush left office that he and his gang were "liberals".

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

it was a grand jury, not a trial....
just wanted to clear that up, lest they start accusing you or bs...

Thanks. Gotta keep our facts straight. It's bad enough the opposition lies through their teeth about these investigations, can't give them any additional ammo.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

They caught themselves.

I agree there won't be any charges. The government is killing whole nations, hiding that quite well, too.

You do know that the state government investigations aren't coming up with any charges either, or do you blame state governments for worldwide slaughter too?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Psychonautics
Would it really even be a huge deal if they COULD sell human fetuses?

I mean, it's an aborted human being, the parents didn't want it, and it's gonna end up either incinerated or dumped who knows where.

At least selling it to medicine or something would be better than literally nothing.

I don't see how it's a moral issue, then again I am not a proponent of life after death, a corpse is a corpse, to me.

Blame religion. No one will admit it, but all these anti-abortion efforts and attacks against PP are rooted within religion trying to implement religious law in this country. Think Sharia Law, except for Christians instead of Muslims.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

another thing I find interesting is how, whenever a conservative republican doesn't do something that the conservative base doesn't like they all of a sudden become liberals.

Heck I was told a few times after bush left office that he and his gang were "liberals".

The left and right 'sides' are illusions used to divide us against each other, while they make war for money. They go one way together when it comes to that, appearing 'divided' when its 'for the people'.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
You think the videos backfired? I think they did an amazing job at making people aware of the raw and awful things that go on at Planned Parenthood and the results from millions of abortions. I didn't think for a second PP would be shutdown or any of the people in the video would every be held accountable. The videos definitely brought their actions to the front of the news cycle and I don't think anyone will be forgetting anytime soon that PP encourages women to get abortions and then sells off the dead baby parts.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

You do know that the state government investigations aren't coming up with any charges either, or do you blame state governments for worldwide slaughter too?

Just for 'looking the other way'.

And for accepting federal money to go along with the program.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Looking the other way? What are you smoking? Seriously, some of the VERY states that have investigated Planned Parenthood have also tried to defund PP only to have the federal government force them to reimplement funding. That screams to me that no one was accepting a bribe to let PP off the hook. You are just trying to alter events because things didn't play out exactly like you thought they would.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

hmmm... you are aware that one of those investigations was on the congressional level....it was chaired by a republican, as it was getting to the end, it was announced that they would be starting a new investigation, and all the material the investigation obtained would be transferred over to the new one....well in the in the republican chairperson of that first investigation admitted that there was no evidence of wrong doing on the part of planned parenthood. Heck does anyone know weather or not they ever brought in the CMP for questioning? I know they grilled the planned parenthood ceo for quite a while and I also know that the dems in that investigation wanted to ask the CMP people some questions, but never heard weather or not they got to ask them.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I watched the videos, needn't any 'GOP' to tell me what I saw and heard therein. In fact I automatically suspect anything the gubment tells me…

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
It's a good fight, and you are fighting it well, but you are up against the mindset used by the modern conservative movement in the US:

Don't expect facts and reality to get in the way of a perfectly good witch hunt.

And the modern conservative movement in the US absolutely DOES NOT let facts get in the way of a good narrative. If scientists used the same thought model we'd still be trying to build flying machines that work by flapping big wings.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
You think the videos backfired? I think they did an amazing job at making people aware of the raw and awful things that go on at Planned Parenthood and the results from millions of abortions. I didn't think for a second PP would be shutdown or any of the people in the video would every be held accountable. The videos definitely brought their actions to the front of the news cycle and I don't think anyone will be forgetting anytime soon that PP encourages women to get abortions and then sells off the dead baby parts.

You know technically you are right. The videos DID succeed in their intentions. Muddying the waters and appealing to the willingly gullible to the point that the gullible will fight tooth and nail to deny they may have been wrong in the end. It's on display in this very thread.

But then again that is the intention of propaganda, to deceive the public from the truth.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

the videos didn't exactly backfire, did they? I mean, Planned Parenthood HAS lost funding. Has anyone here watched the videos? The unedited ones are available, if you want to spend 10 hours listening to mostly casual dinner conversation punctuated by grotesque human behavior. But it's cool right, because "women's rights?" The argument for PP makes zero sense. Yes, I understand that that they are the largest provider of legit services for women, but they did a lot of shady things. Did they actually reach into a suitcase and pull out an infant's brain? No, but they sure tried to facilitate that sort of behavior. With them gone another provider, hopefully with ethical standards, can (will) take their place. So, ask yourself, why would someone be opposed to that?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join