It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Still Investigating Planned Parenthood, Even After Sting Videos Backfire

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
GOP Still Investigating Planned Parenthood, Even After Sting Videos Backfire

Republicans are determined to push on with their investigation of Planned Parenthood, even after a Texas grand jury cleared the organization of wrongdoing on Monday and instead indicted two anti-abortion activists who targeted the family planning provider in a series of undercover videos.

Of course not. Don't expect facts and reality to get in the way of a perfectly good witch hunt.

Planned Parenthood has maintained that it was not selling fetal tissue, which would have been illegal, and commissioned a study that demonstrated the videos were manipulated. The organization sued the Center for Medical Progress, the anti-abortion group behind the videos, earlier this month.

The grand jury’s decision hasn’t affected Republicans' plans to continue investigating Planned Parenthood, however. Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.), who is chairing a select investigative committee that purports to be investigating “big abortion providers" -- but for all intents and purposes is only scrutinizing Planned Parenthood -- said in a statement Tuesday that “the mission of our investigation has not changed.”

“We will continue to gather information and get the facts about medical practices of abortion service providers and the business practices of the procurement organizations who sell baby body parts,” Blackburn said. “These are issues of importance to the American people. We will study the laws on the books and follow the facts to defend life."

There really should come a time where you just drop it. These are the politicians that need to be voted out immediately. I'm sorry, I don't care what side of the abortion debate you fall on, but Planned Parenthood WASN'T the group in the wrong in this situation. This has been proven tons of times over, by many different ways. The latest being that CMP was indicted by a Grand Jury in Texas. You may want to note that Texas isn't exactly known for being friendly towards abortion or Planned Parenthood.

At some point you have to look at the situation, put your hands up, and realize that you lost. So supporting idiotic GOP members still trying to pursue this (at this point) obvious witch hunt when literally all the cards are on the table is not only a lost cause, it is a waste of taxpayer money, and is directly contributing to the inefficiency of Congress in this point in time. These are non-partisan facts about this debate.

Keep in mind, that you and I aren't lawyers (or well most of us aren't). So YOUR opinion of if the videos were legit or not means squat. These are top lawyers all saying they can't find any wrong doing on Planned Parenthood's part. Please don't deny reality any longer and help speak up against this blatant example of government waste.
edit on 28-1-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Doesn't surprise me considering the GOP is always trying to impeach democratic presidents and launch criminal investigations. It's too bad they didn't have the same vigor to impeach and launch a criminal investigation against one of their own, George W.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
If they are investigating at all its biased in favor of PP, like your thread title.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Yea, that screams hypocrites to me. The elected GOP are such fakers. I just wish the people who keep electing these clowns would stop doing so. We need more integrity in politics...

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

If they are investigating at all its biased in favor of PP, like your thread title.

How is it in favor of PP? Please explain yourself, because every investigation since this stupid debacle started seemed to be completely biased AGAINST PP, and now that that has been proven fruitless, you are trying to flip the narrative around to them being biased FOR PP? Just admit that there was nothing there like a big boy. There is nothing wrong with admitting you made a mistake in judgement man...

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
actually the video sting did not backfire. The indictments are for using false IDs to get past the PP persona non grata activist black list. Same thing sixty minutes used to do in their investigative reporting. The indictments have nothing to do with the veracity of the reports.

furthermore the indictments came from the same DA office that jury shopped seven times in order to get the former GOP speaker of the House. It is not an honest legal process down there in that county. It will require PP to open itself to the discovery process. additionally legal experts opine that the state/PP will lose.

Essentially this is an attempt at suppression/intimidation without hope of permanent vindication for PP and their political allies.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormbringer1701
actually the video sting did not backfire. The indictments are for using false IDs to get past the PP persona non grata activist black list. Same thing sixty minutes used to do in their investigative reporting. The indictments have nothing to do with the veracity of the reports.

Well besides all the state investigations that have turned up nothing huh?

furthermore the indictments came from the same DA office that jury shopped seven times in order to get the former GOP speaker of the House. It is not an honest legal process down there in that county. It will require PP to open itself to the discovery process. additionally legal experts opine that the state/PP will lose.

Which legal experts would they be?

Essentially this is an attempt at suppression/intimidation without hope of permanent vindication for PP and their political allies.

Or rather you are inventing a narrative because you can't admit that this whole issue has been one giant witch hunt. That sounds far more likely here.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Which legal experts would they be?

Or rather you are inventing a narrative because you can't admit that this whole issue has been one giant witch hunt. That sounds far more likely here.

1. unworthy of comment.

2. Various lawyers and judges i have seen interviewed on this topic; for example, the legal team O'reily uses for his legal segments.

3. Hardly. the videos are unedited except for brevity. the undedited raw footage is available. the PP people damn themselves with their own words.
edit on 28-1-2016 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

How is it in favor of PP?

The videos didn't '"back fire" they hit the mark, exposing the heads and practitioners for marketing dead baby parts. Even altering procedures like half births to procure certain parts undamaged. Thats illegal.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormbringer1701

1. unworthy of comment.

Of course not. It contradicts your narrative, so just pretend it doesn't exist.

2. Various lawyers and judges i have seen interviewed on this topic; for example, the legal team O'reilly uses for his legal segments.

The O'Reilly legal team is your evidence for this? Lol. That's pretty funny. Then you still haven't posted any links or direct quotes confirming this.

3. Hardly. the videos are unedited except for brevity. the undedited raw footage is available. the PP people damn themselveswith their own words.

Gotta keep saying this in hopes that it'll be true after the 1000th time huh?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

The videos didn't '"back fire" they hit the mark, exposing the heads and practitioners for marketing dead baby parts. Even altering procedures like half births to procure certain parts undamaged. Thats illegal.

Apparently they didn't "expose" anything, because no matter how much you claim illegality, the only ones in legal trouble are the ones who actually made the videos. This after tons of state investigations into PP, at least one other Congressional committee directly targeting PP as well as this one that pretends not to be directly targeting PP but really is.

Seriously, the writings on the wall. Stop repeating the lie...

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

Doesn't surprise me considering the GOP is always trying to impeach democratic presidents and launch criminal investigations. It's too bad they didn't have the same vigor to impeach and launch a criminal investigation against one of their own, George W.

riiiiiiight. This is the same county that convened seven grand juries before they could find one that would indict Tom Delay. PKB much there?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Apparently they didn't "expose" anything, because no matter how much you claim illegality, the only ones in legal trouble are the ones who actually made the videos.

Might makes right, I know. And denial blinds the truth.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Apparently they didn't "expose" anything, because no matter how much you claim illegality, the only ones in legal trouble are the ones who actually made the videos.

Might makes right, I know. And denial blinds the truth.

Actually it didn't work out that way. The right threw ALL sorts of "might" at PP and couldn't get anything to stick. They still can't. And you are right, your denial is blinding you from the truth.
edit on 28-1-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
You're still making excuses for PP? what for, since obviously (lol) they weren't in the wrong, caught on tape, cutting deals for 'tissue samples', over dinner?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   

You're still making excuses for PP? what for, since obviously (lol) they weren't in the wrong, caught on tape, cutting deals for 'tissue samples', over dinner?

Which excuses am I making for PP? I'm asking YOU to stop believing lies and stop supporting GOP members on an obvious witch hunt.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
That's SOP for the GOP. When proven wrong, double down!

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Look, someone is.doubling down.

Blatantly lying in the face of reality.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

I'm asking YOU to stop believing lies and stop supporting GOP members on an obvious witch hunt.

They caught themselves.
edit on 28-1-2016 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Which excuses am I making for PP? I'm asking YOU to stop believing lies and stop supporting GOP members on an obvious witch hunt.

What lies are you talking about? You do realize that the undercover people are in trouble only for using false ID's, right? After the charges were brought on them, everyone expects the whole thing to drop, but there are still illegal actions going on within PP that deserve investigations. Why should anyone call that off? Have you watched the videos?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join