It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New $3.8 B, 1150 Mi Crude Oil Pipeline in the Works.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Energy Transfer is almost completely approved for a new crude pipeline from the Bakken fields of North Dakota to an Illinois terminal which will then transport the oil to Nederland, Tx shipping facilities on the gulf coast. From there the crude can be shipped all over the world.

What interests me the most is that this pipeline had to have been in the planning stages long before last month's approval by congress to lift the ban on crude exportation.

The pipeline will deliver up to 600,000 barrels per day of Bakken crude to another pipeline in Illinois that would provide access to the Midwest and Gulf Coast markets -
BIC

Energy Transfer Crude Oil Company, LLC ("ETCO") is developing a new pipeline to provide transportation service through a crude oil pipeline from point(s) of origin in the Midwest to the crude oil terminalling facilities of Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P. at Nederland, Texas ("SXL Nederland"), with various potential points of destination along the pipeline.

Energy Transfer

This kind of money and time spent in planning is not thrown around lightly. The crude exportation market is about to explode. Sunoco is well ahead of the game here.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: quercusrex
I'm not bothered by it being pre-planned. A Corporation wouldn't go through the unbelievable mine field of the approval process without having assured themselves of financial viability first.

I'm more unsure about the approval for crude exports. In the long run it helps the oil companies and, perhaps jobs. The sword has two edges, however. Higher costs for the consumer in the U.S.. Thee and me. A Hard call either way.

edit on 27-1-2016 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Agreed.

But rates of exportation can, and will be, scaled back as demanded by the market. When our current "surplus" starts to lower and prices rise again the crude from this pipeline can be shifted to Texas coastal refineries for production just as easy as being loaded on to tankers.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
It will never pass through Iowa farmland.imo They tried that already.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
It would have been initially used to bypass rail shipment but since the crude oil ban being lifted they can now route part of it to the Gulf as well.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
They better hope it doesn't cross through any reservations. They'll have a fight.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: quercusrex
Energy Transfer is almost completely approved for a new crude pipeline from the Bakken fields of North Dakota to an Illinois terminal which will then transport the oil to Nederland, Tx shipping facilities on the gulf coast. From there the crude can be shipped all over the world.

What interests me the most is that this pipeline had to have been in the planning stages long before last month's approval by congress to lift the ban on crude exportation.

The pipeline will deliver up to 600,000 barrels per day of Bakken crude to another pipeline in Illinois that would provide access to the Midwest and Gulf Coast markets -
BIC

Energy Transfer Crude Oil Company, LLC ("ETCO") is developing a new pipeline to provide transportation service through a crude oil pipeline from point(s) of origin in the Midwest to the crude oil terminalling facilities of Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P. at Nederland, Texas ("SXL Nederland"), with various potential points of destination along the pipeline.

Energy Transfer

This kind of money and time spent in planning is not thrown around lightly. The crude exportation market is about to explode. Sunoco is well ahead of the game here.

The US govt plan to undermine Russia's grip on oil sales to Europe perhaps?

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

Without a doubt.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark
The pipeline is being dug a mile north of the border of the Standing Rock Sioux Reservation where they are preparing to dig and drill under the Missouri River. Protests started escalating last week. Representatives from all across North America are converging on the protest site. It might be a major majority of Natives that are actively protesting, but this pipeline potentially affects millions. Its never IF a pipeline will break, but WHEN it will break. If it breaks and gets into the Missouri, many people will be affected as several communities get their drinking water piped to their towns. Not enough word is getting out about this. The Corps of Engineers approved of this pipeline to be constructed. Its not a Natives vs the oil companies. This issue concerns all who benefit from the Missouri River whether it be as a water source for thier homes, fishing, general recreation, or the general environment. Its a We The People issue. Dakota Access Pipeline is the issue here.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

It seems your prediction was quite correct.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Thunder71

I revisited this thread today after hearing of the protests the past few weeks. Interesting to see how it plays out. DAPL will win in the end but that is as it has always been.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

I have nothing against pipelines in general, but remember, the same government approving this pipeline also approved the spraying of pesticides that killed millions of bees recently. The same government that now says Tribal Nations won't be harmed.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Place your bets on pipeline going on fire destroying all 4 states.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

Not a good bet. Aside from a bomb it would be very difficult to light the pipeline on fire. Even so a fire would be limited to a local area and would not travel through the states.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I know from things that have happened in calif that Tribal Nations will take money from treehuggers for blocking anything the treehuggers do not like.
The Tribal leaders pocket this money for themselves.

We saw this in calif with the ban on gold dredging.
www.times-standard.com...

top topics

join