It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary: A ‘Great Idea’ To Appoint Obama To The Supreme Court

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Sorry, but...YUCK!
My guess is that Hillary is kissing some POTIUS-MAXIMUS in order to avoid an indictment.
Still,...what say you ATS?...Barry on the Supreme Court?...It'll only happen with a Hillary win in 2016.

Hillary Clinton says it would be a “great idea” to appoint President Obama to the Supreme Court.

Tuesday, during a campaign rally in Decorah, Iowa, Clinton looked gleeful when asked if she would consider appointing Obama to the bench, for life, saying, “Wow, what a great idea. No one has ever suggested that to me, I love that, wow.”

As ABC News reports, Clinton followed up claiming that Obama “may have a few other things to do but I tell you that’s a great idea.”

The next president of the United States may have the opportunity to appoint upwards of three Supreme Court justices.
Sponsored Links by
Clinton said that she would “certainly” take the suggestion of appointing Obama “under advisement.” Adding Obama is “brilliant, and he can set forth an argument, and he was a law professor, so he’s got all the credentials.”

Clinton added, “Now we do have to get a Democratic Senate to get him confirmed so you’re going to have to help me on that, Okay?”

In 2014, The New Yorker asked Obama about the possibility of becoming a Justice and Obama, who was tempted by the idea, said, “I love the law, intellectually… I love nutting out these problems, wrestling with these arguments. I love teaching. I miss the classroom and engaging with students. But I think being a Justice is a little bit too monastic for me. Particularly after having spent six years and what will be eight years in this bubble, I think I need to get outside a little bit more.”

dailycaller.com...
edit on 27-1-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Great , another "constitutional lawyer" on the SCOTUS.

Truly absurd.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

This will cost another 5 percentage point drop !!!!!

Brilliant indeed.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Is she making these statements because she doesn't want to be prosecuted? She distanced herself from Obama previously, but the last couple of weeks she is squarely on his team.
The general population doesn't like this guy, and if she keeps herself close to him she will lose.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Is she making these statements because she doesn't want to be prosecuted? She distanced herself from Obama previously, but the last couple of weeks she is squarely on his team.
The general population doesn't like this guy, and if she keeps herself close to him she will lose.

Not really.

Obama favorability

According to that link its about half of the country likes him and the other half doesn't.

As for the OP: I hope it happens. It would make me laugh to watch all the conservative heads explode if he were nominated for that position.
edit on 27-1-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Why doesn't she go a step further and nominate him to be her VP?

Still wondering if Barry is going to give her an actual endorsement and not just praise. He's probably making them beg for it and see how far she will go. He doesn't need the DNC anymore so unless he feels obligated to give something back to them that might be as good as it gets.

Still though I don't think many people could stomach Barry being on the SC.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

www.washingtontimes.com...

Yeah I guess all these people have moved away.
People are tired of Obama as they tend to be after 2 terms of any president.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Hillary is desperate to gain the Black vote...and keep in Obama's good graces because of her investigation.
She'll promise anyone...anything...to get what she wants...then she'll do whatever she wants when she gets it.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Sid Blumenthal will probably be her pick for her Secretary Of State.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

www.washingtontimes.com...

Yeah I guess all these people have moved away.
People are tired of Obama as they tend to be after 2 terms of any president.

Your "poll" or at least your article came out in the summer of last year. I posted up-to-date favorability ratings. Though I also doubt the findings of a poll conducted by the Washington Times on how popular Obama is... Though after reading parts of it, your article is clearly being hyperbolic with its findings. I mean # like this:

Nearly half of voters told the Zogby poll that Mr. Obama is “unable to lead the country.”

Is clearly hyperbole. By that same token OVER half of the voters didn't say that.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT
Wouldn't a prerequisite for a JUDGE on the SC maybe be actually being a judge before?

I know silly me for thinking that........

In our absurd political style Barry would be perfect. Who needs experience actually BEING a judge to be...you know...a JUDGE

SMH

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Perhaps a frontal lobotomy would improve her intelligence

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
politcally great move for her. helps her shore up the black vote in the general.

I don't see this hurting.

I don't think this will much affect the primaries though.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

It's really just a remark to make conservative heads spin. It won't ever actually happen, but don't let that stop conservatives from squirming because she said it.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I so do love Hillary's bootlicking. It is so over the top it is not even shameful anymore, just a natural instinct of her at all costs style of politicking.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Don't you have to know something about the constitution to be on the Supreme Court? And will he have a pen and a phone? If not he might start drawing red lines again.😂

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

So did those people move away?
Do you think they feel any differently now? Poll results show him to be the worst president since ww2. Doesn't get much worse than that.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

He knows something very important about the constitution, that he doesn't have to respect it.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

The next president of the United States may have the opportunity to appoint upwards of three Supreme Court justices.

That's a great way to undermine the constitution. Nominate the extreme left to the SC and have them revisit the definition of a particular amendment.

Ugh... I hope she's sitting in a federal prison by the time primaries come around.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Considering the extreme vetting that supreme court justices go through, how would Obama get confirmed? Most supreme court justices have their legal opinions, writing, grades, etc going back to college examined thoroughly. We haven't seen so much as a post-it note of Obama's legal writing which is virtually unheard of for someone claiming to be President of Harvard Law Review.

<<   2  3 >>

join