It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Search Of: Book, Title and Author

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Addendum:
If this post is in the wrong forum, my apologies. Please relocate as required.

I am in search of a book that, if memory serves, arrived sometime during the Cold War... between the late 1970s and the end of the 1980s.
The subject is of how the United States would be subdivided into five sectors following the turn of the millennium.
The author, if memory serves, was from the former Soviet Union.
The book itself became a best seller.

Any help in identifying this publication would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: redoubt

The closest I could find was Igor Panarin. Wikipedia: Igor Panarin
He made his prediction much later though, in 1998.

He said we would split up in 2010, so his prediction was a bust.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Thanks!

Gonna dive in and see if this is it.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: redoubt
Addendum:

I am in search of a book that, if memory serves, arrived sometime during the Cold War... between the late 1970s and the end of the 1980s.
The subject is of how the United States would be subdivided into five sectors following the turn of the millennium.

Igor Panarin comes to mind, who predicted that the USA would be divided into 6 regions, but this was 1998.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit - I should have read second post before replying LOL

edit on 27 1 2016 by Debunkology because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies and info; Igor Panarin is the guy.
My memory just ain't what it used to was as far as dates so... I saw it as being older than it was.

The reason for chasing this down is that while he got whiffed on a few pitches, he also hit a few home runs.
From here, I am going to do some serious reading and if my suspicions have foundation, I will run a full post on the subject.

Thanks again for ID'ing it!

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: redoubt

For future reference when you have this problem again try :BookSleuth

They can help you identify a book based on characters, plot, settings, and non-fiction elements. There is a very useful forum there that allows readers from across the world to help in the search. Very useful to those of us whose memory is not what it used to be.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: redoubt
Addendum:

AmeriKA was the Kris Kristofferson Mini-series 1987 ABC.

From Wikipedia

Amerika – suggesting a Russified name for the United States – is an American television miniseries that was broadcast in 1987 on ABC. The miniseries inspired a novelization entitled Amerika: The Triumph of the American Spirit. Amerika starred Kris Kristofferson, Mariel Hemingway, Sam Neill, Robert Urich, and a 17-year-old Lara Flynn Boyle in her first major role. Amerika was about life in the United States after a bloodless takeover engineered by the Soviet Union. Not wanting to depict the actual takeover, ABC Entertainment president Brandon Stoddard set the miniseries ten years after the event, focusing on the demoralized American people a decade after the Soviet conquest. The intent, he later explained, was to explore the American spirit under such conditions, not to portray the conflict of the Soviet coup.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.imdb.com...

top topics

join