It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Bowl 50 Flyover - What Will We See This Year?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Pro Bowl is in Honolulu again.
Where it's warm.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Pro Bowl is in Honolulu again.
Where it's warm.

You might be able to talk to your meteorologist friend and get a pre pro-bowl weather report.

Then you can match it up and see how much it changes from the day of. You know, for scientific purposes.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: gpols
One thing for sure, you won't get hypothermia. Even in shorts and a tshirt.

edit on 1/27/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Where it belongs. A lot of memories of going to that game.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Beyond the messy people in the town where I'm at now I don't mind it so much. I mean the cops are REALLY corrupt, but eh. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Stays pretty warm around here, too. All this talk about pro-bowl and super bowl actually reminds me, I should probably try to dig out my bowling balls and go bowling sometime. I was pretty good at it one time. Maybe call up a few messy friends and see if they want to join me.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Lovely photo. P51 then P80 or F86?

Was the F4 Phantom the fighter of 50 years ago? That's kinda what I was thinking. Sidenote: Seen one actually parked in the private plane lot over at the airport where WW2 Weekend is held.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: misterhistory

In order, P-51, F-86, F-22, P-47.

The F-4 was the premier fighter during Vietnam. There's actually one flying that belongs to a museum that they fly around for heritage flights and other events.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

That's a good photo showing the body lines of the f-22 and 117. I see some similarities in the nose and cockpit angles although the f-22 is a much smoother design.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Heres the ultimate SB flyover:

Three B-1s in a triangle formation, 0.95 mach, middle plane pulls up hard over stadium while first 2 remain flat, goes inverted at 10,000, all 3 in full afterburner the whole time, shut the whole city down with pure amazingness.

Thats worth the price of admission.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: BigTrain

Gotta have Kenny Loggins - Danger Zone playing the whole time too.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

at edwards air show they used to annually have the b1 Buzz the crowd at .9 mach at like 300' to rattle the crap out of everyone. it was awesome. felt like a deep bassy thumping. the hangers would quake when she did that. it was awesome you could always tell who had gone to the edwards air show the prior year by looking around the crowd when the b1 was doing her demonstration, because they would be the ones holding their hands over their ears....they knew what was coming next. the b1 would roar off past south base sonewhere, you'd loose sight of her and then a half a minute later sneak up behind the crowd gun it and come right in over head from the north. pure bad ass awesomeness every. single. time.
edit on 28-1-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

You should try standing next to the runway, where the nosewheel broke ground for a MITO on three jets one day.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

How were the landing gear breaking ground during the minimum interval. Was there like some berm they were knicking right as they nosed up?

Also, 52's or Bones? Please say Bones that would be rad.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

B-1s. One would start taking off, about halfway down the runway the next one would start rolling, then the third one. About the time the second was reaching the halfway point, the first was getting airborne and starting to climb. We were standing about 8500 feet down the runway, which was right where the nose would start to point up. They'd get airborne just past us.
edit on 1/28/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Ohhhh that kinda break ground. Duh I get it now.

Geeeeze thats gotta be an awesome feeling. I woulda been giddy from the high for the rest of the day.

Seriously three in a row, full burners, the roar. Rad.

I wish I was there.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Never plugged the ears, took it like a champ.

BTW, a top fuel dragster is MUCH MUCH loader than a B-1 bomber and if you don't plug, you'll lose your eardrums, and thats guaranteed.

Nothing on this earth has ever felt like a Top Fueler feels, its a totally different sensation, its literally bombs going off.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   

that's actually quite true. never stood near a top fueler dragster as it rips away from the tree. but I've stood next to the pits at Fontana when the formula 1 cars tore around the track. that was ear shattering and you coukd feel those motors vibrate the ground from 40 feet away when they are at idle.

buts still all of that is nothing to the raw power of a Bone as she buzzes the crowd.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

You wouldn't get that now BASS. They're much quieter. So much quieter they're talking about how to make them louder again.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Not going to be a buff from where I work.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Well here's this . . . it isn't about the actual flyover and is more about the security that will be in place though:

On Tuesday, an Air Force Reserve tanker plane took off from March Air Reserve Base to practice refueling a California Air National Guard F-15 fighter jet that will be protecting the airspace above Levi Stadium in Santa Clara. CBS2’s Crystal Cruz rode along on the mission.

Source:
losangeles.cbslocal.com...

edit on 30-1-2016 by nonnez because: external content correction

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join