It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The X-Files are re-opened.... what other tv-series would you like to see return.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Now that we all welcome the x-files back with a warm embrace there are some other tv-series I would like to see back on television.

Of course there is Star Trek and Dexter would also be a treat. The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes with Jerery Brett will be a bit difficult because Mr. Brett is dead....but all the same. Breaking Bad will also be entertaining untill the end of time.. I do not know if Peaky Blinders has stopped indefinitely but this tale is also very amusing.

I can go on for a while...Deadwood is one I surely can not forget to mention in this list..

What about you...any deepest desires ?

On the otherhand any tv-series we haven't seen yet and for us a potential binch-watch?

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: zatara

Weeds and Lost!

And, Sadly, Downton Abbey finished.

edit on 26-1-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

Another Star trek TV series would be great!
edit on 26-1-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I used to love a show called monkey magic, not sure if many people would know about this show. .
But it was fantastic for its time..

Also knight rider was cool would love to see that return.. and because of the er.. great storylines. . Baywatch

To be honest sometimes it's better to leave these shows in the past. Reboots are usually terrible.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   

It's all becoming sludge to me now zatara. Mixtures of fictions and sales, blending into storylines told over and over again. The characters interchanging with one another as actors move from show to show copying one another for good looks and modest talent. And the messages, oh the messages. Suuuuper Heeeeeros, show after show and flying costumes landing in the night after night after nite.

Oh, and doctors and lawyers and cops.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Firefly.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Someone help me to recall this one show on MTV a few years back that was SO irreverent it was cancelled after 5 episodes. It consisted of multiple skits shot IRL.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Threshold, biggest wind-up ever that it only ran for one season and finished with such a cliffhanger. Firefly too, both victims of being too expensive.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Ahem... Firefly.

That is all.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Oz, the one about the prison.

The P.J's, the funniest animation i ever seen. Eddie Murphy and Chris Rock voiced some of the characters

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Babylon 5 and all its offshoots. Firefly, without a doubt. Caprica, but longer and more twisted.

Also there was a CGI animated children's series called Reboot. Full of little "in jokes" for the geek. A Reboot reboot perhaps?

edit on 26/1/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Twin Peaks would be awesome to be on air again. Also i would like 4400 and The Event...

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   

UFO.

Obvious for a site such as this I would have thought...

ufo intro

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Wow. Jeremy Brett really was Sherlock if you ask me. Got them all on disc and still watch the repeats on TV. I wish people spoke like that nowadays.

I'll be looking forward to the new X Files but can't think of any that I'd to bring back. I wish they'd come up with something original and new for a change.

On second thoughts, maybe the Avengers with the original Steed/Peel. They put Austin Powers to shame.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Millennium
The Wire
Hannibal
Dark Skies

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: CovertAgenda

UFO.

Obvious for a site such as this I would have thought...

ufo intro

... and Space 1999 (but they'd of course have to rename it).

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   

land of the lost ..... the 1970's kid show.
www.youtube.com...

sid and marty kroft had a great show here. what the show lacked in budget it made up for in brilliant and entertaining episodes.
one of the things i feel sets this show apart from other "kid shows" is the creators didn't insult the viewers intelligence with mindless garbage. the stories were wonderfully abstract and we as kids would spend hours discussing the shows.
edit on 26-1-2016 by subfab because: typo

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   
MacGyver...

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa
Wow. Jeremy Brett really was Sherlock if you ask me. Got them all on disc and still watch the repeats on TV. I wish people spoke like that nowadays.

I'll be looking forward to the new X Files but can't think of any that I'd to bring back. I wish they'd come up with something original and new for a change.

On second thoughts, maybe the Avengers with the original Steed/Peel. They put Austin Powers to shame.

Yeah, I completely agree with you. I have seen many if not all Sherlock Holmes actors playing the part. Jeremy Brett is the best casting for a role ever made if you ask me. If have listened to a few interviews with him about his thoughts playing that character and for some other worldly reason he never needs to learn the script...he wings it all and it falls Always into place when shooting the episode..

That was a joke..

Thx for your reply..

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: CraftBuilder
Firefly.

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Ahem... Firefly.

That is all.

Yes. Joss Whedon, after you recover from what was evidently a dismal experience being creatively micromanaged by Disney et al, use some of the gazillion dollars you had to have made making The Avengers and resurrect Firefly before Nathan Fillion gets too old to continue his prank competition with Jewel Staite!

Oh and Hannibal.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   
The invaders would be cool. I used to love that as a kid.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join