It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After Decades of Denial National Cancer Institute Finally Admits that “Cannabis Kills Cancer”

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: Boadicea

Great thread! S&Fs! My mother-in-law has a brain tumor, right now, and I'm going to pass on this article. She'll be having radiation treatment but was told it will only stop the growth of the tumor. So, she'll also have brain surgery to remove what the radiation will not shrink.

I'd love if she would consider cannabis oil, too.

I'm so sorry you and yours have to go through this, and I wish you the all the absolute best. At the very least, a good cannabis oil would help with the nausea and other side effects of radiation... but apparently will also make the radiation more effective as well... perhaps requiring less??? I'm glad you have some science-based information to give her about it. Good luck!

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Maybe the scientists researching this were getting buzzed and messed up with interpreting the results.

usually you hear about testing pot in the lavatory, not the laboratory.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Ok,now just tell me how much cannaboids I must take to cure me from my brain cancer, without leavimg me like a vegetable, like the normal radiation/chemoterapy would...

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Called out.

You said in the title that 'Cannabis cures cancer' but your snippet says...

“Research in mice showed that these extracts, when used with radiation, increased the cancer-killing effects of the radiation.”

When used with Radiation. The last time I checked Radiation therapy was also a treatment of cancer. Given that info we can assume that lima beans cures cancer because it can be used in conjuction with radiation therapy. Medicinal Marijuana has been linked to help those in oncologogy wards or palliative care, but it is no cure. The same thing was said about apricots years ago-has apricots cured cancer?

edit on 25-1-2016 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

What does hydrofluoric acid have to do with the cancer/tumor killing effects of cannabanoids?

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Called out.

“Research in mice showed that these extracts, when used with radiation, increased the cancer-killing effects of the radiation.”

When used with Radiation. The last time I checked Radiation therapy was also a treatment of cancer. Given that info we can assume that lima beans cures cancer because it can be used in conjuction with radiation therapy. Medicinal Marijuana has been linked to help those in oncologogy wards or palliative care, but it is no cure. The same thing was said about apricots years ago-has apricots cured cancer?

I think you'll find the title came from the linked article, not the OP.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hellhound604
Ok,now just tell me how much cannaboids I must take to cure me from my brain cancer, without leavimg me like a vegetable, like the normal radiation/chemoterapy would...

I wish I could. My heart goes out to you and I wish you all the best. I also wish that draconian laws had not prohibited the necessary research for us to know... but here's a little info I found that might help you:

Scholarly articles for cannabinoids and cancer antitumor strategy

Marijuana Drastically Shrinks Aggressive Form Of Brain Cancer, New Study Finds

How cannabis was used to shrink one of the most aggressive brain cancers

Using Cannabis Oil for Glioblastoma and other Cancers

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I apologize, that was my fault. But it is still misleading.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I apologize, that was my fault. But it is still misleading.

It actually isn't misleading. If you follow the link in the article to the NIH National Cancer Institute, you will find these quotes:

A laboratory study of delta-9-THC in hepatocellular carcinoma (liver cancer) cells showed that it damaged or killed the cancer cells. The same study of delta-9-THC in mouse models of liver cancer showed that it had antitumor effects. Delta-9-THC has been shown to cause these effects by acting on molecules that may also be found in non-small cell lung cancer cells and breast cancer cells.

A laboratory study of cannabidiol (CBD) in estrogen receptor positive and estrogen receptor negative breast cancer cells showed that it caused cancer cell death while having little effect on normal breast cells. Studies in mouse models of metastatic breast cancer showed that cannabinoids may lessen the growth, number, and spread of tumors.

Link to National Cancer Institute

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Called out.

Oh dear...

The title of the OP was copied and pasted from the source article, as required by T&Cs. Hence, it is not my title. Nor does the title say that cannabis "cures" cancer; it says that cannabis "kills" cancer. Further, the title clearly states that it is the National Cancer Institute which is saying that cannabis kills cancer. Nor is cancer quantified or qualified in any way. The title does not say it kills "all" cancers, nor any specific types of cancer. You made your own assumptions.

Called out? Please.

When used with Radiation. The last time I checked Radiation therapy was also a treatment of cancer.

Actually, the National Cancer Institute link states that cannabinoids have been found to kill cancer cells all by its lonesome. With or WITHOUT radiation. (You remember that, right? That's the part of the quote that you deliberately omitted).

Radiation, however, works better with cannabinoids.

Given that info we can assume that lima beans cures cancer because it can be used in conjuction with radiation therapy.

Only if there are medical studies, in vivo or in vitro, that demonstrate the effectiveness of lima beans in cancer treatment, alone or in conjunction with radiation.... as there are with cannabinoids. Otherwise it's not a valid analogy at all.

Medicinal Marijuana has been linked to help those in oncologogy wards or palliative care, but it is no cure.

The National Cancer Institute, medical research and study results indicate otherwise.

As the title says.
edit on 25-1-2016 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

If you check out chloracetate study up at the U of Alberta (Edmonton)
Its safe enough for babies and kills tumors quickly.....(in weeks )

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Hellhound604

Hellhound -- I just wanted to be sure you saw this post from Bandersnatch

originally posted by: bandersnatch

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
"After decades of denial National Cancer Institute finally admits cannabis kills cancer" Does that mean they knew about it decades before now? How come they didn't say something back then?

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The writing is on the wall. All you need to do is know where to look. People all over have won their battle with cancer using cannabis treatments. The battle is finding the right cannabinoid levels and administration method. In Tommy Chongs case it was a suppository of phoenix tears.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: korath
"After decades of denial National Cancer Institute finally admits cannabis kills cancer" Does that mean they knew about it decades before now? How come they didn't say something back then?

I can only speculate -- they sure haven't confided in me! -- but their actions would indicate it's because they are more interested in finding a way to patent it's healing qualities for big bucks than in ACTUALLY HEALING PEOPLE!!!

Imagine if people could grow and cultivate and make their own medicines for pennies and didn't need Big Pharma's pills and potions... I think Big Pharma is imagining exactly that and doing everything they can to make sure it doesn't happen. Even if people suffer and die.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: bandersnatch

Thank you! I am going to pass all of this on to my husband and then ask him to talk to his mom about it.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I did! Already emailed them to him! Thank you!

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I think the title is misleading in so much as there's not been a denial, more that there hasn't been the research results to suggest otherwise.
Until results of human clinical results are published the stance is still the same, that cannabinoids have shown some promising results in limited trials but nothing conclusive.
Lots of other drugs (including various plant extracts) have had similar results but not made it through pre-clinicals.
Fingers crossed it does but too much hype can be counter-productive.

Oh, colloidal silver isn't an antibiotic, it's an antiseptic.
On it's own it can fight infection topically but not systemically.
When used with antibiotics it's an adjuvant, working in a similar way(ish) to aluminium salts used in vaccines.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

It isn't criminalized in a medical capacity and has been a part of big pharma for decades. Where do you think all these studies come from?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join