It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just watched the series premiere of the new X-files...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I don't really think there's any conspiracy here, the writers obviously needed to put a new spin on the whole alien thing to keep the show interesting. I highly doubt they have any real knowledge of a secret abduction project by the government. But it's still an extremely interesting premise which isn't entirely absurd. Even if ET's don't exist, the government still could have developed some highly advanced propulsion mechanism in their secret research programs, and they'd have every reason to keep it classified. I've long suspected those triangular craft are actually human made crafts, but it's pretty hard to believe they'd actually abduct people and perform experiments on them. Nothing like that would ever be approved by any official department of the government, it'd have to be some rogue element of the government operating outside the law.
edit on 25/1/2016 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

Even Weird Al knows.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
I don't really think there's any conspiracy here, the writers obviously needed to put a new spin on the whole alien thing to keep the show interesting. I highly doubt they have any real knowledge of a secret abduction project by the government. But it's still an extremely interesting premise which isn't entirely absurd. Even if ET's don't exist, the government still could have developed some highly advanced propulsion mechanism in their secret research programs, and they'd have every reason to keep it classified. I've long suspected those triangular craft are actually human made crafts, but it's pretty hard to believe they'd actually abduct people and perform experiments on them. Nothing like that would ever be approved by any official department of the government, it'd have to be some rogue element of the government operating outside the law.

Lol, that is a joke right?

I can name dozens of times worse was done officially, just in the US.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Part 2 is tonight. Don't miss it.

It was also listed in the guide as the "Season 10 Opener"....after 13 years.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

Like, why didn't the damn scientists just jump into the ARV and disappear when the corporate merc, M.I.C. thugs came in to murder and destroy.

The ARV was very compartmentalized, you could see it disappearing in pieces as Mulder and the media shock jock approached.
The explosive timing device was planted while the ARV was under Asian/American supervision or at least that seemed to be the Jag.

Zero point energy with element 115.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I'll be watching it, I think after the first episode it will stray away from the genuine conspiracy stuff.

With the drop in oil prices and the concerns over economic collapse, I think martial law and the take over of America is just around the corner. Of course, that was just from some alien sci-fi tv show.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sargeras

No it's absolutely not a joke. Go ahead and name those times where the government has officially sanctioned plans more sinister than a plan to abduct and experiment on their own citizens using highly classified technology. The people in the government aren't totally evil reptiles and there's no way they'd officially approve such a program. More importantly, they would never risk leaving any sort of paper trail so it would have to be done off the books and outside of the law.
edit on 25/1/2016 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder

No it's absolutely not a joke. Go ahead and name those times where the government has officially sanctioned plans more sinister than a plan to abduct and experiment on their own citizens using highly classified technology. The people in the government aren't totally evil reptiles and there's no way they'd officially approve such a program. More importantly, they would never risk leaving any sort of paper trail so it would have to be done off the books and outside of the law.

You have the net so I assume access to google as well...

How could you not know this stuff?
en.m.wikipedia.org...

Just as a start, I'm on my phone so it is hard to link.

Be back with updates on a few.

Edit-i think you place way too much trust in your government!

They have done these things on the books with paper trails, what do you think is off the books?
edit on 25-1-2016 by Sargeras because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

I found it interesting how they added things that have changed and we learned since it went off...like the duck tape on the laptop camera...and the mention about drone-type listening devices.

Only complaint? Joel McCale?! I mean....JOEL McCale?????

Ill keep watching unless it gets silly.....

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

LOL, I personally can't stand Joel McHale. Something about him just bugs me.

But, I don't have TV, so I didn't get to watch it.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

How could you not know this stuff?
en.m.wikipedia.org...

Oh I know about that stuff, but I asked for something worse than a secret non-consensual mass abduction program, and nothing on that page comes close imo. Also most of the things listed on that page were not secret programs or non-consentual. Some of the events in the list occurred more than a century ago when people still owned slaves, a time when morality and ethics clearly wasn't respected by anyone.

Edit-i think you place way too much trust in your government!

Lmao, now that's a good one.

They have done these things on the books with paper trails, what do you think is off the books?

If such a program existed everything about it would be off he books. Clearly you don't understand how black budget projects work, there is never a paper trail describing the budget of such projects, the money simply disappears.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

I had the exact same thought, I just cannot take him seriously and the show should try to have a serious tone. Although I did have slightly more respect for his acting abilities by the end of the first episode. I'm really loving the dark Hannibal vibe Gillian is bringing to this series. Maybe I'm imaging it but I feel like she was really affected by working on Hannibal and it's hard for her to switch back to the x-files style of acting. But I think that style of acting actually matches the older Scully character better. She's not young and naive anymore and time has jaded her perception of reality.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

If you liked the original series you will like this.

However, it was a little too spoon fed for my taste but I think they did that for the new younger generation who hadn't seen the original series.

Watching episode one was like the show never ended . It was almost like a new season started instead of it starting 10 plus year later ( or how ever many years it was) and they did some recap of the previous season.

I will watch the next one but I hope they don't change the format to the LOST format where only the action and importance of the show is displayed in the last 5 minutes.

What I loved about the original was , while there was some leading information for upcoming episodes just about every show was wrapped up by the end instead of having to watch the next one to solve it.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Yeah , I like Joel McCale but not for this.

I thought he did horrible in this first episode, but I also think Sculy and Mulder didn't do to well either.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Here's the link to the full episode on Fox!

X Files on Fox

I loved it and can't wait for tonight

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I wasn't terribly impressed, honestly. I'm such a huge fan and have been for years, but that first episode was kinda lame. I mean, it felt gimmicky and what the hell was with Ryan Seacrest's brother over there? That guy sucked.

It felt kinda rushed, granted maybe they're trying to get new viewers up to speed on the whole idea, but c'mon.

"I have alien DNA for sure." - I literally laughed out loud at that line.

Here's hoping tonight's is better!

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I watched and thought it was decent. Hoping it gets better though. It seems like they were trying to cram too much information in an hour. I'm also concerned with Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny's chemistry or rather the lack there of. It seemed to me that Duchovny really doesn't want to be there and he is just going through the motions to cash a check. Fox is supposedly in a depression so maybe that has something to do with it.

No matter what, I had a big grin on my face when the original intro started.
edit on 25-1-2016 by jtrenthacker because: words is hard

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Scully's attitude sucked. Too severe.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I liked the premier. It seemed that Carter and team wanted to take their opportunity to level set the public on the most legit UFO stories and then touch on the XFiles story line. I can respect that. I felt like some of Mulder's dialog was contrived like he was waiting to recite some of the speeches but in some respect he did that through the whole legacy series. So maybe we just accept that Fox spends too much time alone thinking over who he would best communicate his alternate views of reality. It interesting to go back a re-watch the series, which I have been doing, and remember the major plot points and information delivered. I heard once that Carter told someone in a conversation that after the show began he started getting insider info to feed into the story line. Was that true or false info is the question. In the end I think truth really is stranger that fiction, and while we slowly are awakened to a more probable prospect of life elsewhere, we may never learn of what happened with the power structures in years past to exploit and suppress the truth. Did anyone see last Friday Colbert march Neil DeGrass Tyson and have a scripted conversation about the "newly" discovered large planet that is orbiting in an extreme orbit in our solar system? Neil VERY carefully responds to questions. Wow!

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Kind of strange that they called this episode My Struggle or in German MEIN KAMPH

The truth is out there ok

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join