It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just watched the series premiere of the new X-files...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I didn't want to read the spoiler so I'll leave it, but ya it looks very good! I've been looking for a new show to watch! So this just came out??? Wow amazing because I use to watch the x files in the 90s. This is crazy. I still have a lot of tramatic images burned into my mind from being so innocent back then and then watching an exfiles where some horrific thing is happening. Talk about weird. But anyway, as for the whole revolation of the nwo being real etc, it's like to those asleep, which is most, the m.o. is: what happens on tv in fiction can't happen in reality. It's a form of brainwashing. Or, maybe it's just a tv show that got good ratings and could make good money again. What do I know.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Oops. Wrong thread lol.

edit on 24-1-2016 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Blurring the lines of what is real.

Unconstitutional power grabs... So you believe aliens are out to probe you?

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
And lastly...I have to ask...anyone else remember William? The given up for adoption son of Dana&Fox? Chronologically he'd be a teen now (somewhere in Wyoming). Will be be making an appearance?!?

Hmmmm....

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

I cover my lens, too. Are you a Dune fan, by the way?

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Not a fan, more like a religious zealot.

Dune is my Bible. The only true religion.

PC disclaimer: No offense to any religious out there.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   

The Zero point energy plane device that utilized gravity, was easily made invisible at least in my interpetation (due to its allegorical nature). And now Mulder is "hitchiking the galaxy" whenever anyone asks how he got to a location.

Recently the MSM has been reporting that China suffers from the problem of transitioning from a producer nation to a consumer nation. The US went through that in the rust belt decades ago, not much allegory there.

edit on 24-1-2016 by Slichter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: lavatrance

I guess as far as story line goes, there isn't much in the way of spoilers. BUT, the dialogue revolves around what's being discussed, and imo is more important to the story.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I know this is off topic but not knowing is killing me. What order do they go in? I'm reading The Butlerian Jihad and I don't know what order the books after that are in.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I just thought most of us who miss the days of anonymity covered the camera lenses on our telescreens. I even did it on my phone.
The show is freeking amazing, and my pops woke up to a few things like the FEMA camps. He said "they just throw some fantasy in there" and I am like, umm no pop, those are not images they did for the show. Those actually exist right now, allow me to show you.

So does this mean Alex Jone's days are numbered, and maybe even ATS if we are to take the metaphors as warnings??

SPOILER

Like, why didn't the damn scientists just jump into the ARV and disappear when the corporate merc, M.I.C. thugs came in to murder and destroy. You would think they would at least have had a clue and been armed with some AK's and .308's you know??? Make them earn their oppression with their own blood right??? I swear, pacifist scientists never seem to learn.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   

The only books to read are the 6 originals by Frank Herbert.

Anything else is heresy.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Okay. What order do the six real books go in?

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

You've displayed the proper usage of spoiler alert.

I wondered why they didn't just go public with it as soon as it was operational.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Dune, Dune Messiah, Children of Dune, God Emperor of Dune, Heretics of Dune, Chapterhouse Dune.

The last book was my favorite, the second least favorite. All were amazing though.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

i was a little disappointed,

first, it's only a 6 episodes with no idea if they'll do another or if that's it.
second, the acting between Duchovny and Anderson is a long way from what it use to be, it doesn't flow like it did in the old one. it was almost chessy.
thrid, the plot line is changed, in the series and in the movies it was a alien led agenda, with humans working with and for them. now it's a humans led agenda using alien tech and DNA to produce hybrids and control the population.

did anybody catch the native american innuendo? the Navajo/ Alien no ears on the head deal, i guess playing off the Navajo folklore.
edit on 25-1-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
The conspiracies are put into popular TV shows for plausible deniability. If enough people see this stuff on TV and movies, they will say:

"Yeah, but that's only on TV, that's not real life. It's only fantasy, stuff like that isn't real"...

It's a subtle form of programming. It basically numbs you....
My thoughts exactly, you beat me to it and I didn't see your post.
They put it all out there like it's just fiction, so we won't believe when stuff really happens! At least I think that's what you mean.

What you both are saying is the 'common wisdom' and in fact may be true.

There are two other slight spins on it however;

It's like Fonzi on "Happy Days" - you just have to hurt a person once, and then
you are feared for the rest of your life - you never have to hurt another person
again.. they will hurt themselves in anticipation of being hurt.

Conspiracy stuff is so saturating culture now, that we "pre-hurt/cow/pacify ourselves".

Or it's just what I call "Conspiracists Quandry" - "intellectuals like us" and anyone
who posts a lot of ATS is some sort of intellectual, will keep digging and
digging and digging on their subjects of choice, trying to prove the
(generally) unprovable.. until their brains are mush... all this passion
to "prove" ties one into knots, so that one never again "does anything".

In short I'm saying, that we are now all trained to either ignore the
"man behind the curtain" (the non-conspiracy theorist), or to so
obsess about catching the "man behind the curtain", that we functionally
are being trained to "ignore the man behind the curtain" by piddling
infinitely in our chat forums looking for stars and flags.

It's win win win for any real bad guys out there.

Kev

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

did anybody catch the native american innuendo? the Navajo/ Alien no ears on the head deal, i guess playing off the Navajo folklore.

Scully used the term "Jag" to hunt or shoot when she asked Mulder about it.

edit on 25-1-2016 by Slichter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Thank you so much!

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   
It was cool as a piece of nostalgic entertainment.

We're in the post conspiracy age now. Illuminati is a household term, every teenager with too much time and some weed knows about it. These are further distractions to herd the masses into political stagnation when they leave the confines of right and left.

Or you could look at it as if they're showing you the truth it's because they already pulled it off.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
The conspiracies are put into popular TV shows for plausible deniability. If enough people see this stuff on TV and movies, they will say:

"Yeah, but that's only on TV, that's not real life. It's only fantasy, stuff like that isn't real"...

It's a subtle form of programming. It basically numbs you....

My thoughts exactly. If those topics are brought up, someone could easily dismiss them saying "that can't be real, that was on the new x files you dolt". It was very enjoyable though. I didn't even know it was going to be on, but had the football game on in the background. Glad I did

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join