It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alaska just got rocked. 7.1

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodsmom
a reply to: GoShredAK

Oh no!! In Kenai?
I hope everyone is ok! Hopefully there isn't too much more damage seen in the daylight.
We should all go check on vulnerable neighbors today too!!

Yeah it was Lilac lane In Kenai!

A lot of bad things have happened on that street.

You're right, about checking on neighbors. It's hard knowing if everyone is ok around here, and as severe as that felt I am sure some people got badly frightened. I definitely went into fight or flight mode.

edit on 24-1-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Oh no.
I don't do Facebook and our local news sources won't even load for me right now. Thank you for the info.
Lilac, that's over by Forest right? I wonder how the houses perched on the bluff fared over there. For that matter, I wonder how the highway fared where it's right at the road on the way south.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Lilac, that's over by Forest right? I wonder how the houses perched on the bluff fared over there. For that matter, I wonder how the highway fared where it's right at the road on the way south.

Yep that's the one. There was also a giant crack in the road somewhere in kasilof.

I would be surprised if a house didn't fall off the bluff. That would be a scary place to be.

ETA: k-beach, 1 mile from kasilof there was a big crack in the road.

edit on 24-1-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I hope everyone is okay!!! Did they get everyone out of building?
Sounds like I need to give a few people a call......
How bad is the highway to Kasilof? I was thinking down by the Anchor Point to Ninilchik stretch. It sounds like there's been more damage than normal for this one.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: woodsmom

Let me know of anyone in need, here or by PM. We have a few extra things like kids winter gear and such. I just hope everyone is ok, stuff is replaceable.....

Sorry, did not mean to reply to myself, I'm feeling shaken again.
edit on 24-1-2016 by woodsmom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

It was crazy, I heard car alarms and house alarms were set off the neighborhood all over. It was hard to stand up and have balance.. Kinda like surfing, "hang ten bra."

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: AK907ICECOLD

Oh no trouble at all! I always come across like an ass, I don't usually intend it.

No intent this time to be a dick. I kinda figured there was another Puget Sound.

I love that area. I spent a summer in Quilcene as a teen. How else would I know about "gooey ducks"?

I wonder if quakes in that area are connected to faults that affect Los Angeles, where I am now.

(I suppose I could do my own research, but then I wouldn't have anyone to talk to
)

edit on 24-1-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK

Oh no!! In Kenai?
I hope everyone is ok! Hopefully there isn't too much more damage seen in the daylight.
We should all go check on vulnerable neighbors today too!!

Yeah it was Lilac lane In Kenai!

A lot of bad things have happened on that street.

You're right, about checking on neighbors. It's hard knowing if everyone is ok around here, and as severe as that felt I am sure some people got badly frightened. I definitely went into fight or flight mode.

Where was the area the road split open on K-Beach road? And where is lilac at? I have lots of family friends down there yet to hear from them

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Lilac lane is on the North side of Kenai heading out toward Nikiski.
K-beach split at mile one, on the Kasilof end. Nikiski is out of power, or was, and so is part of Kasilof. The Internet is ridiculous right now and they are only updating the KSRM Facebook front page due to high volume. I've been able to get it to load for me once now this morning......

I'm waiting for the noon update on the radio and then might head out myself.......
edit on 24-1-2016 by woodsmom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

K-beach split at mile one, on the Kasilof end. Nikiski is out of power, or was, and so is part of Kasilof. The Internet is ridiculous right now and they are only updating the KSRM Facebook front page due to high volume. I've been able to get it to load for me once now this morning......

I'm waiting for the noon update on the radio and then might head out myself.......

Stay safe.

Will watch for your update.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

It is kinda scary with all the gas plants in Nikiski, I've done plenty of jobs out there for oil companies. Maybe that's why property values are so low there lol

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Yep that's the one. There was also a giant crack in the road somewhere in kasilof.

I would be surprised if a house didn't fall off the bluff. That would be a scary place to be.

That is right by the cemetery right? By the Merk? I wanna see a pic of it.

What's the local paper in the Penn?

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: AK907ICECOLD

That is right by the cemetery right? By the Merk? I wanna see a pic of it.

What's the local paper in the Penn?

I think on the ktuu facebook they have pics and a video of it.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Yeah right by the mercantile.
No fatalities, four structures lost and only 44 meters still out of power.
This is the largest ever recorded in lower cook inlet, not kachemak, that's homer sorry.

We might be checking a friends house in Kasilof, I will take pics if we do, my internet is still being overwhelmed.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This i believe is a pre quake for something bigger please stay ALERT!! i posted this a few days ago please stay alert and ready to move quickly.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Here a picture of a road damaged in the quake. I think you guy's were discussing this earlier

twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: crappiekat
Here a picture of a road damaged in the quake. I think you guy's were discussing this earlier

twitter.com...

Holy crap that's a lot bigger than I was expecting. Thank for the link👍🏼

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

Wow.
Thanks for the pic, it's worse than than I thought too.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Here is an article from the "Atlantic"

There are more pic's here.

I am so glad there was no loss of life.
www.theatlantic.com...

Seems like the aftershocks are slowing down abit.

Sorry my service is having a down time. I will post updates later
edit on 24-1-2016 by crappiekat because: to add

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

That photo is from the Denali quake in 2002.

Real pictures of last nights quake are here.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join