It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life is too short to allow for our petty differences

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Life is too short for all of this petty nonsense we allow to get between us, all of the judgement and ego and self aggrandizement that's determining our cultural norms and ruining the lives of millions and possibly billions of people globally.

Our culture and it's people lack empathy, connection and determination. We could easily be living in a world of abundance and plenty. A world where everyone gets to eat, live in a home, sleep in a bed. A world where no thirst or hungers, where everyone receives medical treatment and physiological help.

It's not a lofty goal a but goal that requires self analysis and selfless behavior and thinking. A goal that would require you to step off of your self determined pedestal.

We can do this.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I think part of the main issue is that "petty differences" could mean a variety of things to a variety of different people.

Many differences that occur in peoples positions could really have a far reaching impact.

I would say that on the contrary, discussions about what some consider 'petty differences' could lead to a very positive outcome.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Our world is run by the greed oligarchy. When they fail it will be an opportunity to rebuild society so it doesn't squander the earth's resources in pursuit of ego driven desires that always end in unhappiness.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend
Our world is run by the greed oligarchy. When they fail it will be an opportunity to rebuild society so it doesn't squander the earth's resources in pursuit of ego driven desires that always end in unhappiness.

Maybe we need to force its arrival.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
the only people who strive for power are the people who probably shouldnt have it.
i wouldnt expect any change soon.
or at all.

i think its ok.
atleast they get things done.
edit on 23-1-2016 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

If the government's of the world used all the money they spend on military budgets and covert activities, just think how we could supply healthcare, food and shelter for everyone around the world. If we gathered all the brightest minds in the world we could innovate ways to clean up the environment and develop free energy technology for everyone.

It's all wishful thinking. Unfortunately I don't ever see it happening.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

But how?

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

Well, we have to start with not allowing the nonsense anymore. Resilience, determination an unending will to succeed.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Four seriously over looked words...

"Life is to short"

One,I totally agree. .. we are but one breath, and one heart beat away from meeting our maker, (or for non believers) and saying good bye to this life In general, ...

:Cheers:

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

If the government's of the world used all the money they spend on military budgets and covert activities, just think how we could supply healthcare, food and shelter for everyone around the world.

That's for sure. Then there would be enough left over to feed and care for 4 other worlds to boot!

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

If the government's of the world used all the money they spend on military budgets and covert activities, just think how we could supply healthcare, food and shelter for everyone around the world. If we gathered all the brightest minds in the world we could innovate ways to clean up the environment and develop free energy technology for everyone.

It's all wishful thinking. Unfortunately I don't ever see it happening.

That is certainly a wonderful beginning.

Sadly, people are just too different and don't agree on everything. Too many are self absorbed, want power and are greedy as hell.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I'm with you on this! It can be done, but materialism clouds the mind and makes those with much want even more, and unfortunately those are the types of people who are in positions of power. It can be done but they do everything in their power not to let it happen because if that happens others would get a piece of the pie that they believe is theirs and theirs alone.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
we all have a dream but that dream will sadly never happen.

if we were on this earth for the next thousand years the governments of the world would still never come together as one.

fact is our generation will be long gone before the inevitable will happen and that is we,ll wipe ourselfs out before any natural disaster will.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Life is too short for all of this petty nonsense we allow to get between us, all of the judgement and ego and self aggrandizement that's determining our cultural norms and ruining the lives of millions and possibly billions of people globally.

Our culture and it's people lack empathy, connection and determination. We could easily be living in a world of abundance and plenty. A world where everyone gets to eat, live in a home, sleep in a bed. A world where no thirst or hungers, where everyone receives medical treatment and physiological help.

It's not a lofty goal a but goal that requires self analysis and selfless behavior and thinking. A goal that would require you to step off of your self determined pedestal.

We can do this.

We certainly can. Stop being selfish and don't reproduce. Let's see how many people are truly that selfless.

Seems like everyone wants people to give up the right to choose until it comes to the one thing that causes more problems than everything else. Irresponsible (and unnecessary) breeding. People put more thought and care into getting a new puppy than they do into manufacturing 5 new people.
edit on 23-1-2016 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Preach on, brother.

People act like it's a bad thing to work together, even though that's the only reason humankind's made it this long in the first place. We've finally hit a point where we have the technology to provide a good standard of living to all humans. We can even share ideas, blueprints, and scientific findings across the world in seconds. We're living in an incredible time!

Our ancestors for millenia dreamed of touching the moon. They wondered & theorized about the other bodies in the solar system, never getting a chance to do more than that. But we've finally reached a point where we can see those bodies in HD, send ships to them, and navigate them from the comfort of our homes (ok ok, from the "comfort" of a space agency's workplace. you get the idea).

Right now, I can communicate with "poor" friends in South Sudan in real time. Think about that. Even the greatest kings & conquerors in the past had to wait weeks and/or months to correspond with people in other continents. But we can do it instantly just to see what those people had for lunch! I really don't think people appreciate the times we're living in.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Well said! appreciate and do your best is what is requiered, little by little we are scratching away what needs to be changed. Enjoyment in small achievements leads to great transformations.a reply to: enlightenedservant

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Odd thread from a Trump supporter..

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   

I just don't see the world in such a bleak way. There is lots of empathy and kindness out there- more in some places than in others.

But as far as the evolution of humanity goes, it is through adversity that development happens....
People develop intelligence and force in response to adversity.
That is true in all plants and animals. Take away the challenges, difficulties and pains, the organisms begin to devolve.

I've noticed that if the circumstance around someone is void of difficulty or challenge, it is not long before the person will create some- whether it is through provoking events or dramatizing the meanings of them.

We are made to grow in response to adversity.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   

There are too many conflicting ideologies, culture clashes and egomaniacs for your dream to be a reality.

People keep saying "but if only we tried together..." but too many people simply don't share your beliefs for it to become true.

Sure, it's a noble virtue to strive for but it's very unrealistic.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join