It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KSBY "Cotten Fibres" falling from sky?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
This video is found on my news feed this morning.

Cotten fibres apparently falling from the sky, some assume could be military in origin.

The parts I found very interesting were the weather news anchors, kept calling certain weather changes a military practice.

One anchor claims he was of the Navy for a while, "he would know"... as if he was familiar.

My assumption was a connection to the bipolar Chem trail acts by the government and their military arms.

Who knows, I'm very busy today but would appreciate anyone concluding what this is in the meantime! I'll be back tomorrow to look into it.

KSBY "Cotten Fibres"

The video is from last year ito seems, first I heard of it though.

I'm on mobile, not sure if I can embed.
edit on 23-1-2016 by Elementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

KSBY has received several calls reporting a cotton-like substance falling from the sky in the Paso Robles area.

Residents say it looks like cobwebs but has a different texture. Some are speculating that the substance was released by jets flying over the area.

KSBY spoke with a local entomologist, Dennis Sheridan, who took a look at some of the viewer's photos. He says it's likely spiders ballooning. That's when baby spiders send silk out of their abdomens to create a parachute that carries them to their new homes.

When spiders drop off the silk parachutes continue.

Both Cal Fire and the San Luis Obispo County Sheriff's Office have been notified.

KSBY will update this story as more information comes into the newsroom.

www.ksby.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Spiders begin "ballooning" when theres a change in the weather.

Chem webs from 'spraying', whodathunk that BS would start up?

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I've seen spiders do this before when they are trying to span a large gap with their web. As the spider spins its silk the breeze carries it across and it anchors on the other side. Once they have this in place, they can build the rest of the web.

But, in looking at the pictures, those fibers look a lot thicker than the ones I'm referring to. And to think that a baby spider can generate something so substantial is difficult to believe.

That's just my humble opinion. I'm not saying the entomologist is wrong, just stating my opinion.

As a side note, when I read the title the first thing that came to mind for me was Morgellons Disease.

-dex

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DexterRiley

As a side note, when I read the title the first thing that came to mind for me was Morgellons Disease.

-dex

You mean delusional parasitosis?

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

Your source:

Morgellons (/mɔː(ɹ)ˈdʒɛlənz/), also called Morgellons disease or Morgellons syndrome, is a condition in which people have the delusional belief that they are infested with disease-causing agents described as things like insects, parasites, hairs or fibers, while in reality no such things are present.[1]

Oh. I see. It's delusional spiders that are making the webs?

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Oh. I see. It's delusional spiders that are making the webs?
Yep, they were probably hatched at a medical marijuana dispensary, and they got into the stuff on the top shelf.

The reason it made me think of this "illness" was because of the threads, or fibers, that residents were reporting. According to my wikipedia source, the CDC did an investigation:

The investigation involved skin biopsies from affected people, and characterization of foreign material such as fibers or threads obtained from people to determine their potential source.
Based on their testing, the fibers were determined to be cotton or other fibers found in clothing.

However, just because the disease is believed to be psychosomatic doesn't make it any less real for the people suffering from its effects.

It was not my intention to imply any paranormal source for the fibers, or that these fibers are related to Morgellons. My thought was driven by a pavlovian response to finding "threads from heaven."

-dex

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Greetings-

That is this years crop of Morgellons Disease victims...

www.morgellons-research.org...

In a few years wait until those folks w/oxygen tanks get bullied for breathing other's 'air'...

Maybe the idea is to get together as a whole and put an end to anything "unknown" dropping from the sky BUT.... Look at the division.. People are so focused on their own 'snip' they could give 2 squirts about anybody else..

namaste

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

It was not my intention to imply any paranormal source for the fibers, or that these fibers are related to Morgellons. My thought was driven by a pavlovian response to finding "threads from heaven."

Ah.
But you left out "chemtrails."

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Thanks you for the input dex.

I too thought the thickness and size of this "fibre" was too much for a little spider. Of course I'm no expert.

Other then the spider fibre or cotton...lol.. what about the news anchors talking about those strange cloud patterns and repetitively saying military?

Seems everyone missed that?
The anchor said " we have the technology to erase all that man made material", commenting on cloud covers and such in the atmosphere.. that seems like a strange comment to me.

@Phage - that comment made me lol

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Ah.
But you left out "chemtrails."

Well, "chemtrails" doesn't induce in me the same level of mental drooling as "threads from heaven."

-dex

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

But, in looking at the pictures, those fibers look a lot thicker than the ones I'm referring to. And to think that a baby spider can generate something so substantial is difficult to believe.

Usually its a bunch of baby spiders just hatched. They all begin climbing to the highest points and start streaming silk from their spinarettes which merges into one big mass, finally lifting them off together to soar the wind.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Usually its a bunch of baby spiders just hatched. They all begin climbing to the highest points and start streaming silk from their spinarettes which merges into one big mass, finally lifting them off together to soar the wind.

Thanks for saving me some research time. That exact thought occurred to me last night. It simply wasn't possible that a little baby spider could generate something that had more mass than it did. Then it occurred to me that it must have been a group of them.

It was either that or the size of the baby would have to have been somewhere near that of a Tarantula.

-dex

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

No problem, I saw that on a nature show once, couldn't find it.

Smart little buggers.

new topics

top topics

join