It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd Neighbors, Do You Have One Too?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
My husband and I moved into a condominium complex after living above businesses for the last 10 years. It's been nice living in a community setting and we have met many of our neighbors and knew a few prior to moving in. There is one odd fellow who stands out, he is very different.

He plays the same song over and over all day long, today it is Everlasting Love, I have a feeling that's one of his favorites because it's usually on about 3 days out of the week. Not only does it play over and over but he will back up the song 30 seconds at a time, over and over again, it's bizarre.

When I see him at the store down the street, I would say hello and he always responded back. When I say hello to him near the house, he totally ignores me, often turning his head the opposite direction. My husband says it's because we're to close to his "nest" lol.

When we pass in the courtyard and are due to enter our homes at the same time, he will walk right past his house and stand in front of a neighbors house, it's like he doesn't want me to know where he lives. Come on, I know he lives there, why act like he doesn't? It's odd.

He also smells me as he walks by, a deep sniff and it really gives me the creeps. Every single time, wherever I run across him. I asked my husband if he does that to him, he doesn't.

He also stands on the corner with a cardboard sign that says a says nothing, for hours. There are a lot of transients that beg at the shopping center across from where my neighbor stands, and many of them have cardboard signs asking for money. My neighbors sign however is totally blank.

He lives by himself and many nights around 2-3 am he will stomp around his house talking to himself. It's really more like yelling and it wakes us up. To me it sounds like he's yelling at someone, but he lives alone.

Does anyone have any odd, weird or crazy neighbors? I'd love to hear your stories.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

Wow , my neighbors seem a normal now ! after reading your post!

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
A BIG hint: if the answer is "No", then YOU are the crazy neighbor.

LOL

I am probably the odd neighbor....except we have this lady whose house sat empty 5 years while she did a stint in the joint for helping her ex husband sell something they weren't supposed to. Its funny....this isn't that kind of neighborhood. We only have 4 houses on our small street, and that lady is definitely the most shady.

But I am still the "odd neighbor".

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
That guy sounds odd. If I like a song a lot I put it on loop and listen to it over and over. I don't back it up like that though.

I had a neighbor who was Pentecostal and into snake handling. He would come over and talk and talk about how it was handling rattle snakes. He found out that I'm Indian (feather, not dot) and would ask all kinds of weird questions. I don't remember any off hand, as it was back in 1998 or 1999, but remember them being odd. He also was a very bad moocher. Once he even tried to "borrow" a few rolls of toilet paper.

ETA: From what people have told me, I'm kind of weird. Okay, no kind of about it. Not the dangerous keep your kids and wife away kind of weird but my sense of humor is out there. I guess I'm a weird neighbor.
edit on 23-1-2016 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DEANORULES24

He's a special kind of guy, the sniff checks gives me the ultimate creeps. He is still listening to Everlasting Love too! Woke up at 830 and it's been on, at least since then.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Hey, where I live, I'm the odd one.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
My closest neighbors are a burro, a pony and an old yeller dog. Rural paradise....!

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

The conversations with that guy must have been very interesting. Wonder what he's up to right now, is he still handling rattlesnakes, has he ever been bitten?

Who borrows toilet paper, lol!

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Had a neighbor that was selling stuff they weren't supposed to too. Swat showed up and broke the door down. We were coming home from grocery shopping and they pointed their guns at my husband, asked where he lived and he gave them the neighbors address, lol. That was an interesting evening.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Conversations were pretty bizarre, actually. I don't know if he's still into snakes. It's been years and I've moved to three different states by now. The toilet paper thing bugged me. He once asked to use my restroom and left soon after. I went to pee and saw a few rolls missing. It wasn't hard to figure out who did it.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I used to have annoying neighbors that acted like they never lived in Apartment complex and that noise should not exist. They complained to high hell to management about my kids. I told them "welcome to life outside of a private house, now go # yourself!" Management agreed with my POV. I live in a duplex house now. My neighbors are awesome. Including me, 4 of us all deal with scrap and junk as a side venture. Guy across restores vintage auto's, we are all loud "Latino's" and noone complains about noise.

Best block I ever lived on! Some of us just hang outside as late as 2am, drinking beers, talking BS and jamming music. Living it up with the neighbors man. The only black sheep is a broken family with confederate and American flag flying high. But I got no problem with them either. I drink six packs with the grandmother, and my kids play with their kids. I think the rest of the neighborhood just doesnt like the flag, but I like it. Very American in my book, and I am all first amendment here.

Well the kids mother just went away for armed home invasion I was told, and a handful of drug addicts recently passed away in the last year prior to me moving here. So I may have just dodged the bullet and got good timing.

I get along with everyone, we all have laughs, drink and enjoy life. A shame that particular family is all messed up and sometimes heard drunkenly arguing in the hours of the night, but thats none of our business and noone really complains.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Lol! Like you wouldn't notice, what a weirdo!

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

That's awesome, sounds like a nice block to live on. Many neighbors don't communicate or even say hello anymore. I'd love to live somewhere like you do, a close knit community that gets along and whatches out for each other.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
He had nothing on another guy in a different neighborhood several blocks away. This guy had too much '___' (supposedly a friend put it in his beer) and he'd also been in a bad car accident. He would walk around the neighborhood when I was a kid and kick street and traffic signs. He thought he was Bruce Lee or something. He also got into our apartment building once because my mom had the door opened while she brought groceries in. He kicked the milk down the steps. The cops were called and of course, they start going after my mom. Nothing was done to the guy. Skip ahead several years and I'm an adult living in the same neighborhood. The guy is still there. He freaked my ex out. He had a habit of cornering people and talking at them (yes, talking at and not talking to) about rock & roll and Kiss in particular. It was the same exact thing every time and the same words. Weird.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

He maybe has some form of social anxiety. Maybe his 'sniffing' is just a bad quirk he's picked up, maybe an internalized pre-sigh of sorts as he feels under social pressure (perhaps he's more nervous around women?). Could be anything really. Autistic people have, what seem on the surface to be, quirky obsessions now and then. These can change with the wind or be as permanent as the sun in the sky.

Maybe he's just a weirdo, or maybe he has been tainted by grief, who knows.

If he's harmless I say just leave him be, eccentrics are the spice of life.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

That is scary, he came in to your house and nothing was done! Your mom must have been livid!

Wonder what the deal is with Kiss? I'd much rather deal with the sniff checks than being cornered by someone and listen to them rant about rock and roll, lol. So bizarre.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

By the sounds of it you have a fellow ATS-er as neighbor.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

There is one odd fellow who stands out, he is very different.

I hear you and sympathize. I often wonder what my neighbors think when I'm out back whooping to Sasquatch.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I am an odd neighbor lol. But I carry out my oddness in silence and relative isolation, so hopefully no one ever notices my eccentricities. :p

I have had a schizoaffective bipolar neighbor, though. Very trying. Extremely loud, extremely disruptive, extremely erratic. Outbursts of anger when in the throws of delusion. It was scary. He never harmed us, but did strike his father once. Arrested many times, put on psych hold, medicated, released. Rinse and repeat. He's finally on consistent treatment now and is great to be around! I like him and really feel empathy for his condition as it's clear he can't help it at all when it happens. Also clear he's terrified when it's happening.

He seems to like me because I'm just crazy enough to not be truly terrified of him lol.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Give him a wide berth. He's paranoid delusional and you don't want to head that list.

We have a neighbor down the street with "issues", she walks around stiffly looking at the ground ignoring everything, but if you say hello, she lifts here head, smiles and says hello back. She has a job and goes to it everyday, doing what I don't know. She can be heard yelling once in a while, sometimes a long harangue, sometimes a loud screaming shout and thats it. Its startling, the kind of shout you hear from someone in trouble.

Other times she jogs early in the morning wearing regular clothing, a heavy coat, gripping here heavy purse with both fists before her. Its not odd until she gets close and passes by.

Her hair is always unkempt long and stringy and her shoes are dirty from all the running, whatever the weather.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join