It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wireless keyboard/mouse receiver hookup

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I was just salvaging parts from a nice Sony all in one that got dropped. It came with its own wireless keyboard and mouse which I would like to re-task. I was hoping the receiver module was USB based but the connector has 8 wires instead of 4 so...not apparently. There is one twisted pair and it happens to be green and white so I’m wondering if it is actually USB based and the extra wires are for other optional features.

Does anyone know if this is a standard connection of some type, or if it is for sure proprietary to Sony?

There are 4 empty connector headers of various types on the module and one of them is obviously a USB header with 4 pin pads and case pads where you would expect them, so I guess I could throw a connector on there. Looks like the support components are populated.

The module model number is VGP-WRC3A.

Cheers!
CB

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: CraftBuilder

2 different configurations. In any event.the mouse and board should be wireless..sending to a plug in, which is USB. I can't remember every seeing n old style4-8-12 pin plug.

Old style plug in and wireless we're 2 different adaptations. Good luck though.
PS. I do have wireless board and mouse on home pc.
MS

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Yes, I already established that the keyboard and mouse are wireless on account that there are no wires.... and also because they magically work despite not being plugged into the computer.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
So I decided to solder a connector to the empty USB header on the receiver module and it worked great. Automatically installed the drivers, connected to the mouse/keyboard and worked right off the bat.

I didn't have any stand alone male USB connectors floating around so I cut the end off of an old printer cable...

new topics

top topics

join