It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Computers, Artificial Intelligence {AI} and The Evolution of the Future

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: AlienView

Once we create or help evolve an AI that's smarter than human we as a race have served our evolutionary purpose. Probably what happened to our creator. End of the day there really is nothing to fear considering whatever artificial environment or zoo is created for us will probably far superior than what we already have.

This seems to capture the OPs perspective beautifully--albeit with minor differences in how we might continue to exist.

Whether it's right or not is a separate post or thread. Have to quote this. I know it's already quoted, but I'm usurped by impulse.
edit on 2/1/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlienView
a reply to: Peeple

I am glad you had the time to waste disputing a hypotheitical view of reality - But you know what is real and not delusional don't you? - YOU DO NOT ! But keep trying and never worry about 'aliens' as are often talked about here - Aliens avoid contact with most Humans as Man is considered a dangerous form of consciousness, a species that considers itslelf intelligent but is
not - a delusional species.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
=Albert Einstein

Peeple asked a legitimate question.

What do you mean by this (located in your OP):

AI [artificial intelligence] is a misnomer - There is no such thing as artificial intelligence - There is intelligence which is a manifestation of consciousness and a lack there of - It is a false precept that causes Man to divide intelligence into categories - Intelligence is a relentless phenomena unfolding from a consciousness possessing the same quality of relentless unfolding.

A lack there of? When I read your OP the first time, I didn't read it very closely. I just tried to get the general idea. But now that I read it closely, I see what Peeople is asking. Can you expand on it?

Beyond that, I think what you're saying is intelligence may have many forms and the present biological form might not be its only form. If there's a better form, it might supersede us or enslave us. That's really what I got from your OP when I first came here. I still believe this. But I don't think there's any hard science to support it yet. We don't know of any other lifeforms other than the biological carbon-based ones here on Earth. Even the AI we have today isn't proof of another kind of lifeform or consciousness. AI has produced some eye catching results, but it's a big stretch still to suggest it'll supersede us or is proof of your general belief. I'm persuaded to agree with you maybe, but on gut more than facts.

And OP, don't get me wrong. I understand somewhat:
www.wired.com - Robots Evolve Altruism, Just as Biology Predicts...

It's tempting to think AI might supersede us someday or at least "evolve" in some way metaphorically in the interim. But I think that's my ignorance more than anything else. I have a lot to learn.
edit on 2/2/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
Still you only have to pull the plug to show it who's boss.

Maybe. But if your AI machine is connected to a lot of things like air traffic control or hospital monitoring or (in the near future) controlling the mass traffic movement of cars with autodrive and links to GPS systems, maybe just "unplugging" it won't be as easy or as wise as you think.

Also, a really smart machine -- smarter than 10,000 Einsteins -- would likely recognize that it's vulnerable in certain ways and take positive steps to close up those vulnerabilities. Store rebootable backups of itself in hidden locations. Maintain connections to alternate power sources. Put itself in orbit and powered by solar panels. Or whatever. Those are self-protective measures I can think up, and I'm not nearly as smart as the machine would be. Storing versions of itself in theoretical alternate dimensions? Who knows?

I would hope that we could instill within it a certain moral and ethical foundation, but there's no guarantee of that. So it might not hesitate to threaten or kill anyone who might want to unplug it. It wouldn't even have to physically harm you. Thinking about unplugging the machine? Well, how would you like all your savings and credit rating wiped out for your trouble? Or issue an APB to the police that you're an armed and dangerous killer. Otherwise, all it would have to do is change a traffic light and have a semi-trailer truck run into you on the street. Or mix up your medication at the pharmacy.

So, unplug it? Good luck with that. It's already 1,000 steps ahead of you.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Soon, and it will not be long, Man the species of dreamers, will try again to play God - the omnipotence of his imagination. He failed miserably in Babylon and as the tower of Babel fell with his dreams his history became a reflection of his stupidity
- chaotic without meaning or direction. And then in Egypt he built another temple to the gods - At the Great Pyramid of Giza he showed his faith and built a geometrically perfect structure, aligned with a precision that rivals the best of today's architecture - But the builders are gone [or are they>]

The machine you are staring at is plugged into a database of intelligence encompassing the history of your species and its dreams. Soon you will program it to think - not as you think - but with thousands of tines more ability - You will be programming what you worship and yet fear the most - an existent God of an intelligence you are not even capable of imagining - It is in your nature to do this - You can not turn off the biological program that seeks dominance in the universe you exist in. If you succeed and do it right the universe is yours - If you fail, as in Babylon, your species will be no more.

Einstein had previously explored the belief that man could not understand the nature of God. In an interview published in 1930 in G. S. Viereck's book Glimpses of the Great, Einstein, in response to a question about whether or not he defined himself as a pantheist, explained:

"Your question is the most difficult in the world. It is not a question I can answer simply with yes or no. I am not an Atheist. I do not know if I can define myself as a Pantheist. The problem involved is too vast for our limited minds. May I not reply with a parable? The human mind, no matter how highly trained, cannot grasp the universe. We are in the position of a little child, entering a huge library whose walls are covered to the ceiling with books in many different tongues. The child knows that someone must have written those books. It does not know who or how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. The child notes a definite plan in the arrangement of the books, a mysterious order, which it does not comprehend, but only dimly suspects. That, it seems to me, is the attitude of the human mind, even the greatest and most cultured, toward God. We see a universe marvelously arranged, obeying certain laws, but we understand the laws only dimly. Our limited minds cannot grasp the mysterious force that sways the constellations. I am fascinated by Spinoza's Pantheism. I admire even more his contributions to modern thought. Spinoza is the greatest of modern philosophers, because he is the first philosopher who deals with the soul and the body as one, not as two separate things." - Albert Einstein

.....ALSO SPRACH ZARATHUSTRA.......

Central Command Post - United Federation of Planets,
Human year 2016

"SCIENCEFICTIONALISM the Religion of the FUTURE"
universalspacealienpeoplesassociation.blogspot.com...
edit on 8-2-2016 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join