It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm in the Cross Hairs and I Love It!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
According to just about every newscast and weather model, I'm right in the bulls eye of this massive storm coming towards the East Coast.

Most people I know and have talked to are dreading it but, not me!

I guess I'm just a freak of (for) nature. lol!

Now, having said that.....come Monday or Tuesday, my tune might change if I have lost power or something so, if you don't see me on ATS for awhile, you will know why. lol

I'm all stocked up on everything I could possibly need...I even hit up the library for a bunch of books to read if the power goes out.

I'm more than prepared and beyond excited!

Let it SNOW!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

Well, could be fun if you don't have to shovel yourself

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Good luck!

Glad you are looking forward to it!

Do you have an alternative heat source if the power were to go out?

Or are there shelters local for you?

edit on 21-1-2016 by TNMockingbird because: nvm

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I'm a weirdo....I love shoveling snow!

But, with the blizzard conditions they are reporting...it might be a bit different. lol

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
It is not going to snow.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

I'm more than good on heat, food and water....power outages will be the only debbie downer for me. lol

I even have a generator but, it's only limited to necessities...not entertainment.

Thus, the trip to the library. lol

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
It is not going to snow.

LOL!

Wishful thinking huh?

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
You can keep it all. I don't want it. I'll be out chopping wood in that crap lol.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric

According to just about every newscast and weather model, I'm right in the bulls eye of this massive storm coming towards the East Coast.

Now, having said that.....come Monday or Tuesday, my tune might change if I have lost power or something so, if you don't see me on ATS for awhile, you will know why. lol

I'm all stocked up on everything I could possibly need...I even hit up the library for a bunch of books to read if the power goes out.

Let it SNOW!!!!!!!!

in 2005, I lost power and went without due to a bunch of hurricanes. 30 days without power..
I now properly fear storms..being without for a month is crap..go through internet withdrawls, feel so disconnected and small..its amazing how connected the web makes you feel.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
You can keep it all. I don't want it. I'll be out chopping wood in that crap lol.

If I could physically take the snow away from you and send it my way....I SO would. lol!

Best of luck cutting wood...that is some majorly hard work! I know from much experience. I always preferred cutting as opposed to stacking... I hated stacking.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Thank you.

It is hard work. Swinging the splitting maul is hard on my shoulders; not to mention my back, which never has been in the best shape.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

Let it SNOW!!!!!!!!

in 2005, I lost power and went without due to a bunch of hurricanes. 30 days without power..
I now properly fear storms..being without for a month is crap..go through internet withdrawls, feel so disconnected and small..its amazing how connected the web makes you feel.

I've been through some crap too...not to your extent but, I love it!

I love learning about my limitations and what I Can and Can Not handle....I like the challenge.

I like the learning experience I get from the challenge.

Yep, I'm just a freak apparently. lol!

I'm still looking forward to the blizzard coming my way.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

Let it SNOW!!!!!!!!

Absolutely. I think the last big ice storm in the Buffalo area I was without power 4 days. I was lucky, being in a wealthy suburb. I drove into the city on side streets to avoid the police blockades to go pick up my mom who was stuck at her BF's old folk's condominium place. The city and parts of the suburbs were without power up to 15 days.

edit on 21-1-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Snow storms are less dangerous than ice storms, you should be fine.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I remember the 'Blizzard of 93' down in here in georgia, where we got nearly 2ft of snow in just a couple days. Think about that, georgia, 2ft of snow... It shut the entire grid down for over a week. I remember me and my brother watching the initial supercell roll in from our front porch where we got to witness something I'll probly never see again, green lightening, something that only occurs under the right mixture of snow and ice in the atmosphere paired with a strong storm. I think it's known as 'thundersnow'.

Here's a wiki on it... 1993 Storm of the Century
edit on 21-1-2016 by rexsblues because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
Thank you.

It is hard work. Swinging the splitting maul is hard on my shoulders; not to mention my back, which never has been in the best shape.

Man, did you just earn major respect from me. My sore spot has always been my shoulder....the right one mainly.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Snow storms are less dangerous than ice storms, you should be fine.

I'm not in the least worried! I'm actually looking forward to it!

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

I vaguely remember that storm...I was in Kentucky at the time so, it turned into more of an Ice storm for us.

My college campus shut down for the first time EVER!

Only bc tree limbs were falling down on people walking on the campus. lol

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
The French Toast theory should apply.

The Markets always sell out of Milk Bread and Eggs.

Also, TP but that's for the day after

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Did you tear something in it or is it the joint its self?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join