It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-officer gets 263 years for rape, sex assault

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader
a reply to: reldra

yes, it is amazing, education and law enforcement. Is it because there are so many officers, teachers and professors? It is mind boggling.

thanks for that thread reld, I do remember seeing it.. amazing stats,

thanks for posting!!

I am glad you put this up. Brings more attention to the problem.

edit on 21-1-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

In the post I made before, one ATser said 'this is not an epidemic" and another, who I believe is female, blamed it on 'rejected Badge Bunnies." I was pretty shocked there.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: missedinformation
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

for over 5years ago I read stories about private prisons in America, thought it would be all private by now.

A lot of state prisons are slowly outsourcing certain services...it's only a matter of time.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Dbl

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

so much information are held back every day

I would like to know the real percent of private prisons in America.

but I can't seem to find any concrete info

sorry for off topic OP

I spit on the cop who got caught.
edit on 21-1-2016 by missedinformation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

a reply to: MystikMushroom

isn't all the prisons in America private?

every prisoner need food and cloth in prison and so on, someone is earning allot of dough.

Believe it or not, only a tiny percentage actually are privately run. I think it was less than 10,000 people in the USA are being held in private prisons. Considering we have the largest prison population on Earth...that's not really very many.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

it was 130 000 people in private prisons in 2013?

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

it was 130 000 people in private prisons in 2013?

Okay, I was wrong:

Ten years ago there were only five private prisons in the country, with a population of 2,000 inmates; now, there are 100, with 62,000 inmates.

However:

There are approximately 2 million inmates in state, federal and private prisons throughout the country. According to California Prison Focus, “no other society in human history has imprisoned so many of its own citizens.”

globalresearch

That's 3% of all prisoners in the USA. Three percent of prisoners in the USA are in private prisons. Three. Percent. I was pretty shocked when I saw that. Judging by how people wail about it all the time "the private prison industrial complex!" -- I'd expect to find it closer to 20%-30%. Not under 10%, or even under 5%.

What's more troubling is how fast the ENTIRE prison population has risen. It's doubled in 25 years. It's gone from 1 million to 2 million.
edit on 21-1-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Yes thats the word scary!!!!!

it is scary, more prisoners more money more profit bah what kind of humans own these prisons?

we are going of topic xd so easy so much info to talk about !!

sorry OP will sip it now

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

isn't all the prisons in America private?

every prisoner need food and cloth in prison and so on, someone is earning allot of dough.

Believe it or not, only a tiny percentage actually are privately run. I think it was less than 10,000 people in the USA are being held in private prisons. Considering we have the largest prison population on Earth...that's not really very many.

It's not so much how the prison's are being privatized or not....it's in how they are slowly privatizing certain services to save money.

Once they can show that they are saving money...it snowballs from there.

It's happening....believe me.

This is a subject I know all too well about....
edit on 21-1-2016 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

so much information are held back every day

I would like to know the real percent of private prisons in America.

but I can't seem to find any concrete info

sorry for off topic OP

I spit on the cop who got caught.

There is a reason for that...I won't go in to detail but, it has all to do with budgeting.

Whether it's on a state or federal level.

Honestly, isn't it always about the MONEY.
edit on 21-1-2016 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

yeah alway about the money

I dont like missed information, it should be open for all

it slows things down so much with no information to go on xd

like the information on how many people vanishes in America is a secret

if I recall the information stopped because the list of the real number was priced 2millions dollars

yes its shocking will search up the story but this is off topic

wtf

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

yeah alway about the money

I dont like missed information, it should be open for all

it slows things down so much with no information to go on xd

like the information on how many people vanishes in America is a secret

if I recall the information stopped because the list of the real number was priced 2millions dollars

yes its shocking will search up the story but this is off topic

wtf

You should make a thread about how many people vanish. It is a topic I have been interested in.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

if I am not wrong there are plenty threads on that topic on ATS

this is also for me very interesting

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I dont understand why our little country Finland, couldnt copy this way from u guys since they does copy everything else but rapist they protect rather than punish, for example there have been couple cases where an police officer had used hes badge to lure teenager into hes apartment and raped her, then in the court they gave him few thousand euro ticket and thats that, he quit the job but was asked to even join back... Basically it seem to be rare that rapist goes into actual prison in this country, then they wonder why there are more and more rapes around and of course if it happens to be brown/black face all hell breaks lose, ppl curse brown/black ppl to lowest hell but same time they ignore the holes in their system that more or less allows this type of behavior.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: romilo

I dont understand why our little country Finland, couldnt copy this way from u guys since they does copy everything else but rapist they protect rather than punish, for example there have been couple cases where an police officer had used hes badge to lure teenager into hes apartment and raped her, then in the court they gave him few thousand euro ticket and thats that, he quit the job but was asked to even join back... Basically it seem to be rare that rapist goes into actual prison in this country, then they wonder why there are more and more rapes around and of course if it happens to be brown/black face all hell breaks lose, ppl curse brown/black ppl to lowest hell but same time they ignore the holes in their system that more or less allows this type of behavior.

Unfortunately, rape is under reported in this country, and covered up constantly... These type of things happen all too often, but punishments like this guy got today are rather rare... I'm glad justice was finally served in this instance, but unfortunately the scales are too far tilted in this country...

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
He's gonna be pulling that face a lot now.

Mixed race, ex cop, rapist...Not sure how much worse it can get for a guy in an American prison. Karma's a bitch.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I once told a couple of state boys while cuffed in the front seat that instead of LEO'S they should be called CLEO'S (corrupt legislation enforcement objects) and they remarked how that was pretty clever and I must have been thinking about it for a while. I told them no I was in the military so I have acronyms for days and then in my best robot voice I repeated "must generate revenue" a couple of times before they told me that was enough.
edit on 21-1-2016 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

Go easy Ath!!! It was complicated for him to remember his lines/ in the play/ sarc. Like at this point in the game, his fate has not already been assigned.

A little late for remorseful "acting" , ya think???

Thanks for posting!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join