It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Intriguing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Proverbs 10
12 Hatred stirs up strife: but love covers all sins.

If God is love and Jesus is God then love is what takes away our sins, not sacrifice. This is why Jesus said that those who keep his commandments (love) will remain in he and his Father's love. This also why he said he desired mercy (love) and not sacrifice, and it is also why Paul says that love fulfills the law, because love does no wrong (sin) to a neighbor.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I'm sure John is taking note of your explanation and will remove "The Lamb of God takes away the sin of the world" from the next edition of his gospel.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

The lamb of God is love, Jesus is love personified. John was not wrong in saying that love takes away the sins of the world.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
My theory is that when Yeshua:s body shut down, there was a moment when Yeshua could not feel the energy flow from above and therefor believed he had been abandon because the body could not sustain the sensory awareness.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nochzwei
The most intriguing mention in the Bible, I find is when Jesus utters, just before giving up The Holy Ghost, is ' Eloi Eloi, La ma sabakthani' meaning My God, My God, why has Thou forsaken Me.
Now why did Jesus say that. How would you interpret it.
Praise The Lord

Jesus was quoting Psalm 22, which was written during a time when David was being disciplined by God for some sins he commited, resulting in separation from God. In Jesus' case, He was taking the punishment for our sins while on the cross. He who knew no sin became sin for us, at which point He experienced temporary separation from God.

As Disraeli said, read Psalm 22 completely, and let the context interpret Jesus' words on the cross.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Amazing Mr enlightened
You have a million questions and not one of them is because you want an answer
All you want is an argument

Jesus didn't become a sinner, Jesus took the punishment, paid the fine,
Metaphorically Jesus carried our sins whHen he was punished in our place, an innocent man paying others debts. It wasn't Christs debt.
As. Disraeli said, Christ was fulfilling prophecy

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Jesus said believers would be persecuted in his name, so him being punished for us doesn't make too much sense when you factor that in. If he was punished for us, why are we all still punished for believing in him?

I'm not looking for an argument, only a discussion. If you are taking it as an argument then that is your prerogative, not mine. Me asking tough questions does not automatically mean I'm trying to start an argument.

If we can't discuss things civilly without people getting offended then we may as well shut these boards down.
edit on 1/21/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Jesus said believers would be persecuted in his name, so him being punished for us doesn't make too much sense when you factor that in. If he was punished for us, why are we all still punished for believing in him?

I'm not looking for an argument, only a discussion. If you are taking it as an argument then that is your prerogative, not mine. Me asking tough questions does not automatically mean I'm trying to start an argument.

If we can't discuss things civilly without people getting offended then we may as well shut these boards down.

There not tough questions, they are pointless.

You have no idea what you are talking about, no fundamental understanding of the matter and yet you ask questions that on their own make no sense

Man sinned, he deserves to die because that is the nature of justice.
Jesus undertook the punishment on our behalf

Believers are persecuted because the world hates God

This is not a discussion, this is you finding fault and ignoring anything you dont want to accept.

I get it, you hate christianity, I understand

You just want to argue your atheist, gnostic or whatever point.

Sometimes you have to hear the answer, disagree but accept anothers opinion, right to you or wrong, you dont listen, you dont seem to have the capacity to hear and accept other people have different views.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

I'm not trying to convert anyone, just having a discussion/debate. Isn't it YOU who are called to convert people because their views are intolerable and unacceptable to God?

I see you are getting angry though so I will bow out.
edit on 1/21/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nochzwei
The most intriguing mention in the Bible, I find is when Jesus utters, just before giving up The Holy Ghost, is ' Eloi Eloi, La ma sabakthani' meaning My God, My God, why has Thou forsaken Me.
Now why did Jesus say that. How would you interpret it.
Praise The Lord

Personally I think Jesus said what he said in that moment because he didn't expect the shear amount of punishment/pain he endured during those last hours...

Even knowing from the start that he was going to die... He didn't think that WE could be that cruel to a innocent man

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I'm not trying to convert anyone, just having a discussion/debate. Isn't it YOU who are called to convert people because their views are intolerable and unacceptable to God?

I see you are getting angry though so I will bow out.

Angry, just sad that you have no capacity to see another persons view and accept that view as valid to them.

and no, I cant convert people, thats a silly statement, just think about what you just wrote.

How can I convert people, Harry Potter stick, magic potions?

and again, let me make this very clear, there seems to be a blockage in your mind
Christians actions are intolerable and unacceptable to God, get it?

Truthfully I dont see it as a discussion or debate, you are just being contrary to what you have been told because of pre conceived belief and you hate christians.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   

I don't hate anyone my friend. It seems as though you have preconceived notions of me, not the other way around.

You are being very antagonistic right now. If my questions upset you then you need to figure out why that is, I have no control over how you perceive my questions, but I assure you they are not asked to pick a fight.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I will say it again
It's not the questions that upset me, it's your inability to comprehend the answers from any other perspective than your own. Society.
You are not the center of the Galaxy, people, atheists, Muslims, evolutionists, Mormons, even you have a right to choose belief
Process the comments that others make before replying, think beyond your current maturity

Me personally, I don't believe in evolution, think it's just not science, not in any way can it be science, yet
I fully accept and understand why people do believe in evolution, good on them

You don't have the capacity to live and let live, your replys are always the same, unthought out knee jerk reactions
Stop, think then reply

I get it you hate Christianity, that's great but seriously do you expect a proper theological response
on ats, do you think thousands of years of theology can be answered in a post

If you really cared you would put more effort into finding an answer than baited replys here

So you don't, you are playing games
You are picking fights

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

You keep saying I don't have the capacity to accept others views, you're wrong.

This a forum centered around discussion and debate and I am using it for exactly that. I am not picking fights, that is only your personal perception of me. Why you perceive me that way, I don't know, but me using these forums in the way they were intended is not me trying to pick a fight.

If no one was allowed to question other people's views, this forum would not exist. If you prefer a site where things aren't questioned I would refer to you one of the many Christian forums around the internet.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Yes you are right and was the reason.
a reply to: Akragon

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join