It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama joins Texas in suing the fed over refugees

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

So you are saying that I'm secretly fearful because I keep talking about fear? Interesting... Terrible leap in logic, but hey it's what I expect in these threads.
edit on 21-1-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You have yet to discuss the issue in the article I posted.
You discussed imaginary fear.
You gave me a bunch of unsolicited advice on how to live my life.
Nothing of substance to add on the topic of middle east refugees?

Yes I did. I disagreed with your assertion that the Democrats will lose the white house if they push this issue.

I mean this is just another Islamophobic thread to call Muslims terrorists based on little to no statistical sampling and all sorts of anecdotal evidence. I try not to take them too seriously anymore. I won't convince you that you are wrong because you are blinded by fear (which you call imaginary, but I can't see that is a lie), so what's the point? Like I said, try NOT fearing things for once. It is very liberating. Like a weight being lifted off of your chest.

I maintain it is a loser issue allow ME refugees in the USA under the current federal laws.

This is in no way an "islamophobic" thread and in no post did I call anyone a terrorist. You pitched the labels. I was more interested in another state vs fed battle with the fed telling the state who will be moved there and that they will pay for them.

Do you deny that there is evidence from europe that allowing refugees in without proper vetting is a bad idea?

What you continue to call "fear" is nothing more than being responsible. When I get a vote on what my childrens future will look like I do not want it to look like what europe does right now. When Obama rallys sensible gun laws he has said many times if we can save one life it is worth it. Is the same not true for who we allow in our country?

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Ok. The states have no authority to tell the federal government about who is allowed into their state or not. That's in the Constitution. End of discussion.

Do you deny that there is evidence from europe that allowing refugees in without proper vetting is a bad idea?

Irrelevant question because the refugees ARE being properly vetted before coming to this country.
edit on 21-1-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

So you are saying that I'm secretly fearful because I keep talking about fear? Interesting... Terrible leap in logic, but hey it's what I expect in these threads.

Not an uncommon affliction.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Irrelevant question because the refugees ARE being properly vetted before coming to this country.

"Vetted" by the same government failures that always have bad consequences.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Ok. The states have no authority to tell the federal government about who is allowed into their state or not. That's in the Constitution. End of discussion.

"Alabama Governor Robert Bentley, a Republican who has chosen not to use a 10th amendment argument available to Wilson-Fish, states in a legal argument developed by the Thomas More Law Center that the program, as operated by the federal government in the state, is an unconstitutional unfunded federal mandate and violates the state’s sovereignty."

Funding always trips up the feds. Take my mill levy for my school district children and spend it on other children?

I will ask you again about what is going on in europe and if you think it will go on here. You may think it is irrelevant to the story, but I was interested in what your opinion was which to me is very relivent.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Its not about fear.

It's about common sense.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

He can argue unconstitutionality all he wants, but the states don't have any say on restricting people from their state. Alabama has made a bunch of idiotic claims on constitutionality lately, so I'll take what the governor here says with a grain of salt.

I will ask you again about what is going on in europe and if you think it will go on here. You may think it is irrelevant to the story, but I was interested in what your opinion was which to me is very relivent.

No. I don't fear the refugees.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7

Its not about fear.

It's about common sense.

I love when fear and common sense are used interchangeably. That is the start to fascism.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Weak spin, senor, you lack argument of merit. Simple.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I know some democrats that are concerned about Muslim refugees coming into this country. Will this affect their decision on who they vote for? Possibly, but the majority will side with a candidate who address issues that will directly affect them.

As a registered independent, I don't vote on one issue and I think most voters do the same. If voters are going to decide on a candidate based upon one issue, than they're ignoring a lot of other issues that directly affect them. That's certainly casting an uninformed vote which in the end affects all of us.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Muslims aren't the problem homie. It's potential terrorists. They just happen to be muslim.

I'd be more worried about home grown terrorists then muslims...homie.

Was Timothy McVeigh a Muslim? Was the Unabomber a Muslim? Was the son of Sam a Muslim? Were the Columbine shooters Muslims?

If you want to be afraid then be very, very afraid...who knows, maybe one day a radicalized imported carpet from Yemen could destroy us all. The fear mongering is at fever pitch and what i'm hearing is 'i'm not saying it's muslims, but it's muslims.'

edit on 21-1-2016 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

The feds can't put them there without paying for it. No matter what state it is.
Congress right now won't pay for it.
Obama has to give congress a number every year so that congress can pay for them. That is the law.
The info I looked up shows Obama planned for 6k that can come from anywhere for fy2016 but he has to notify congress where the 6k come from before they bring them.
So the way I read it Obamas Admin has to notify congress and the state, if that is not done it is illegal.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Well I don't know the full particulars about what is being done as far as the refugees go, but this action by the Alabama governor doesn't appear related to what you are describing here. His actions more align with a sneaky legal tactic to try to pander to his constituents.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

"Alabama Governor Robert Bentley, a Republican who has chosen not to use a 10th amendment argument available to Wilson-Fish, states in a legal argument developed by the Thomas More Law Center that the program, as operated by the federal government in the state, is an unconstitutional unfunded federal mandate and violates the state’s sovereignty."

From the news article.

Refugee law is pretty straight forward. Executive branch submits numbers and countries so that congress can pay for them. Anything over that is not funded. Not funded is what the fight is about.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Seems your rebuts are limited to the 'fear'. Not much of a rebut.

One could use 'concern' or 'caution', perhaps pragmatism. Nope 'fear' is all you have.

Speaks volumes for an empty response......

Some people invite and revel in a pro chaos agenda, the word for them are anarchists.
Note that they heavily lean on the Left which allows their shenanigans to go on unchecked.
edit on 21-1-2016 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Whatever you say there. I'll bet ten to one odds that nothing will come of that lawsuit though, and this will be the last we hear of it.

(post by Mlomoe removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mlomoe

Serious when's the last time you've been outside or kissed a girl? You are the biggest tool on this site. Go try your luck in the real world see how long before you get swirlied. Tool.

Are you a paraplegic or something?

I really wish you wouldn't keep being banned.

Your insight and humour are just

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join