It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FSB was behind Litvinenko killing , probably approved by Putin Report says

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   
The findings from the long awaited independent report into the poisoning in London of former spy Alexander Litvinenko has today been published , the report finds the killing was sanctioned by the Russian FSB probably by order of the organisation chief Nikolai Patrushev with the likely approval of Mr Putin.

The two main suspects Andrei Lugovoi and Dmitry Kovtun are also named as the men who carried out the assassination.

Judge Robert Owen points to a number of reasons why those within the Russian state would have targeted Litvinenko.

These include his disclosures about FSB activity before he left Russia and his campaigning on sensitive issues in the UK, his conclusions state.

They also include his relationship with British intelligence and a "personal dimension" to the antagonism between Litvinenko and Vladimir Putin, the report says.

Singling out then-FSB chief Nikolai Patrushev alongside Mr Putin, Sir Robert wrote: "Taking full account of all the evidence and analysis available to me, I find that the FSB operation to kill Litvinenko was probably approved by Mr Patrushev and also by President Putin."
www.bbc.co.uk...

It remains to be seen how the Russian government will take the findings of the report , not very well I assume.

edit on 21-1-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   
They will likely blow it off as "baseless" and without "merit" and ignore it all together.

I'd suspect same goes for MI5 and their spy found dead stuffed in a duffel bag.

Spooks don't seem to have an issue eating their own, nor do the mind telling lies. It would surprise me more if they said, "yeah, my bad. Sorry."

ETA-nailed it.

“It happened as we expected it, no sensation here. The result of the inquiry voiced today just confirms the anti-Russian stance of London, the bias and lack of determination to establish the true cause of Litvinenko’s death,” he told Interfax news agency.

edit on 21-1-2016 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 04:22 AM
link   
That made me laugh a lot, when i read this before 20 minutes here in germany.

Not because it isn´t possible that Putin knew about it, and that the FSB did it, but...

There are two parties, russia and the anglo-american empire fighting. Now, after exactly ten years(exactly ten years after 9/11 they "killed" BinLaden xD) a court, which is located on the ground of the opposite side, comes up with evidence that "Putin did it"...

Why now, and not before? Why did Judge Robert Owen start his investigations in this case not until January 2015?
Isn´t this the time where the next cold war got hotter?

I think the whole world decided to believe or know that the FSB and Putin were involved, but that investigation results that late, when it comes in handy because of the beef with russia, that stinks.

And, on the other side, i don´t wanna protect Putin, but who knows for sure that not another intelligence agency did it, to blame the russians for it?
It´s intelligence agencies, they all play the same foul play game!

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   
The state sanctioned murder of a Briton by the Russian authorities is serious stuff. It has been long suspected, but now the evidence makes it seem likely.

We can expect the Russian state controlled media, such as RT.com to be right react aggressively and attempt to rubbish the outcomes of this Public Inquiry, where the facts have been laid bare.

Here you go, read it an weep...

Litvinenko Public Inquiry

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Press statement from Russia includes elements skipped by the Brits :

UK inquiry says Russians Lugovoy, Kovtun poisoned Litvinenko

LONDON, January 21. A public inquiry in Britain has named Russian citizens Andrey Lugovoy and Dmitry Kovtun as those who put to death former FSB officer Alexander Litvinenko in London in 2006. A report of the inquiry was published in London earlier on Thursday.

Litvinenko who had been an officer of the Federal Security Service, the successor to the KGB, defected to England where he received political asylum. He died in London on November 23, 2006. As an expert study found, he was poisoned with radioactive polonium but the circumstances of his death have not been established to date. The lawyers of the poisoned agent’s widow admitted that before his death Litvinenko had worked for the special services of the United Kingdom (MI-6) and Spain for several years.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

Press statement from Russia includes elements skipped by the Brits

It's no secret that Litvinenko was working our secret services so no that has not been excluded.
It is also no secret that Litvinenko had accused Putin of being a paedophile before his death.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Press statement from Russia includes elements skipped by the Brits

It is also no secret that Litvinenko had accused Putin of being a paedophile before his death.

Maybe, maybe not but it's the first I'm hearing of it. Got a source link?

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Here are a couple.

The article dated 5 July on the Chechenpress website – seen by the Russian authorities as an anti-Kremlin propaganda tool supporting terrorists – begins by describing an incident involving Putin that took place in June.

Putin was walking in the Kremlin grounds when he stopped to chat some tourists, among them a five year old boy.

The president lifted the boy’s shirt and kissed his stomach.

The incident was covered by the Russian and international media at the time but Litvinenko wrote: "The world public is shocked. Nobody can understand why the Russian president did such a strange thing as kissing the stomach of an unfamiliar small boy."

"The explanation may be found if we look carefully at the so-called 'blank spots' in Putin’s biography."
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Video of the kiss.

Marina Litvinenko, 52, said her husband wrote an article shortly before he died in 2006 in which he questioned why Mr Putin kissed a young boy's stomach under his t-shirt during a tour of the Kremlin.
www.independent.co.uk...

edit on 21-1-2016 by gortex because: edit to add

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   

And that's what is supposed to make him a paedophile ? ... not to mention the Chechen origin of the statement ...

edit on 21-1-2016 by theultimatebelgianjoke because: filled out

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   

I read both articles and both read like western spin nonsense. Not even an accusation, just a lack of understanding why he would do something like that.

Even the end of the first article states, some people assumed it was a PR blunder to soften his image before a G8 summit. Which, when it comes to PR blunders there are countless of examples of stupidity. I didn't read anything that made any substantial claim he is a paedophile

edit on 21-1-2016 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   
The father of Aleksandr Litvinenko told Scotland Yard that he blamed Boris Berezovsky for his son's death.
www.rt.com...

But we all know his father was just a mad conspiracy theorist, don't we?

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   

And that's what is supposed to make him a paedophile ?

I didn't say he was , I said that was an accusation or insinuation made before his death.

a reply to: Rosinitiate

I read both articles and both read like western spin nonsense.

Of course.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   

So please clarify, by publishing this, are you after accusation or insinuation ?

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Just putting it out there as a possible reason for him to become a priority target , accusation or insinuation ? , depends how you read it.

"The explanation may be found if we look carefully at the so-called 'blank spots' in Putin’s biography."

What are the 'blank spots' .

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   

What are the 'blank spots' .

If it is not a rhetorical question, you can try to fill them with the accusation/insinuation you wish to consider ... let's see.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   
What I get from all this, and was the case waaaaaay back before he even died, is that they don't actually have any solid evidence at all to back up their claims.

So, all in all, rather baseless, but hey, it's another chance to bash Russia and especially Putin.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   

To be honest, accusing Putin of paedophilia is just distracting from your OP, although if Litvinenko did so then it probably strengthens the case that Putin did a Henry II "... Who will rid me of this troublesome priest?" moment, although without the contrition.

See Thomas Becket if you don't know what I mean.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

See Thomas Becket if you don't know what I mean.

I know exactly what you mean although in this case I don't think it was a misunderstanding.
I think Litvinenko's questioning of Putin's actions with the boy is relevant and may have been what turned him from an irritant into an assassination target.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Something is up in Russia, and I don't think it is their economy.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I think Litvinenko's questioning of Putin's actions with the boy is relevant and may have been what turned him from an irritant into an assassination target.

Over the fact the he was double-agent who shifted allegiance to a foreign country ?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join