It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mr. Dicaprio makes a speech on climate change.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
This is a big time actor, who has put his name on show for such a cause, climate change.

The thing is, what he preaches in this video: (see link for video)

Thegaurdian

Is completely different from what he, executive produced in the hit netflix documentary Cowspiracy.

He goes on and on about attacking the oil and gas industry, yet almost completely ignore the cattle farming?

I could dig more into the subject, but what he is currently preaching is completely different from what he as the executive produced.

Our planet cannot be saved unless we leave fossil fuels in the ground where they belong. Twenty years ago, we described this problem as an addiction. Today, we possess the means to end this reliance.

if you have not watched the documentary, then beware of spoilers.

But from what I have gathered, the film outlines the impact cattle farming has on the environment, (which seems to have a much greater impact than burning of fossil fuels) and it kind of exaggerates a little by making opinionated claims with little to just a single 'expert' making a claim that the world will sink in less than 30 years.
Although there is some truth to what the film says, cattle farming creates more of an issue on the earths climate than we think, and the same mentality on this form of farming hits not only fishing, but every type of living species that isn't a human.
I dunno.. what do you think ATS?
Is this truly a conspiracy?
edit on 21-1-2016 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Fartageddon. Ban beans.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Honestly?

It sounds like he's as full of methane as his cows.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Fartageddon. Ban beans.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: gspat
Honestly?

It sounds like he's as full of methane as his cows.

That's what I'm thinking...
He almost contradicts himself. Completely.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

I thought he was an actor not a scientist? Who cares what he thinks.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   
You must protect the oil industry at all costs!

Do you guys get a discount card?

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Oh look another celeb who overstepped their bounds.

/yawn

let me know when he stops living a hypocritical lifestyle.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I thought he was an actor not a scientist? Who cares what he thinks.

Ronald Regan was an actor. I wonder why anyone cared what he thought?

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Have you considered that perhaps he was focusing on the oil and petroleum industries in order to avoid his speech becoming too convoluted?

There are many other industries which also have a terrible impact upon the environment. Consider plastic - it is terrible for the environment, finding its way into the bellies of fish and birds, and the sheer scale of its manufacture ensures the success of many a factory. Yet at the basis of its creation there is oil. A huge component of the damage caused by the cattle industry is the transportation of livestock, meat, and dairy products. And at the root of these trucks is, again, oil, and petrol.

Oil and petrol have a very wide scope, so it makes sense to focus on them, rather than digressing into the myriad other industries which harm the natural world. Otherwise, he'd be talking for hours.

I don't think failure to mention an aforementioned topic constitutes a contradiction.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   
And how exactly did Mr DiCaprio, and all the other delegates for that matter, get to Davos to make their speeches?

Did they walk, cycle, kayak, pony trek?
Of course not, they are VIP's and celebrities, they fly commercial first / business class or by private jet, get driven to and from the venue in Limo's and create more CO2 during their agenda driven speeches. In short, they have carbon footprints that are probably comparable to some small pre-industrial or developing states!

edit on 417Thu, 21 Jan 2016 03:01:40 -06000131300000016 by Britguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Yup....then he flew off in his private jet to land on his private island so that he could board his private yacht.
Is this the man you want deciding how much YOUR taxes are going to go up? Did you elect president Dicaprio?

(post by odinsway removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: yesyesyes
No...i am trying to protect my ability to live and actually feed myself. Oil feeds the whole world...More than half the population would die within a year if we couldnt mechanically grow and harvest crops.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: odinsway

Bravo odinsway - you hit the nail on the head! Without the oil companies, we would starve and freeze in the dark.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks
a reply to: odinsway

Bravo odinsway - you hit the nail on the head! Without the oil companies, we would starve and freeze in the dark.

Tired of Control Freaks

Electricity can come from several others sources you know.
In an ideal world petroleum products should be limited to physical goods like plastics and manufacturing. Everything else can run fine off natural gas and electricity to be honest.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I dunno.. what do you think ATS?
Is this truly a conspiracy?

We are a polluting species. This is undeniable.
Our pollution is not doing a bit of good for our planet. Also, undeniable.

However, are we in this 'global warming' thing or is it simply political?
At this point in time, I am not convinced that the planet is overheating. There have been just too many flops in the recent past predicting a new ice age that never arrived and then that, by now, our coast lines would be under water.

In the movie, An Inconvenient Truth, Al Gore opens by proclaiming himself as president who was not president. Politics leapt from this can of worms as soon as the top was popped... and despite what common sense demands, it has not been removed.

So, at this point? Speaking for myself... it is just another political tool being applied to widen divisions.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Where the hell is that bear when you need it?

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
"Actor Leonardo DiCaprio attracted widespread derision from the people of Calgary after he cited the city’s famously unusual weather as “terrifying” evidence of climate change."
“It’s terrifying, and it’s what people are talking about all over the world. And it’s simply just going to get worse.”

what the idiot didn't realize or understand, is that this part of the country FREQUENTLY gets bursts of 20 and 30 degree temperature increases during the winter... a result of a warm dry wind coming off of the Rocky Mountains. DiCaprio is typical of so many people that have been schmoozed by the "Glow Ball Warming" lies.

news.nationalpost.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
The REAL conspiracy is who Leonardo ticked off way, way back to prevent him from ever winning an Oscar. He must have gotten blacklisted by someone powerful in Hollywood, he's deserved one many times and never won.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join