It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America Needs A Third Major Political Party----How About The Independent Moderate Party

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

The real problem is when a president has no clue of what is looming on the horizon, or when he or she isn't clueless but ignores the problems and worsens them.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: kendix1960

I would be happy if the Libertarian party was that 3rd party. More liberty, less government and no wars. Also highly on the side of the Constitution. I don't think I could get something closer to my belief system.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I understand what you are driving at, Metallicus.

We all want more liberty and less government when we are faced with excessive taxation, over regulation, and infringement of or loss of our Bill Of Rights. But in so far as the government does provide our senior citizens with retirement social security and Medicare, in addition to providing help to those citizens who properly qualify for and deserve social security disability benefits and Medicaid, we must be very careful to make sure that those programs continue unabated.

I do not believe that a government designed solely to avoid war, however, is a realistic option in today's times when we face global terrorism as well as genuine threats from Russia, China, and Iran. Such a government will only give us isolationism and lead ultimately to more war.

edit on 20-1-2016 by kendix1960 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I could vote for the Green party, their ideas are not toxic.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
A new, 3rd Party would have to be incredibly Centrist to survive. If it were to similar to the existing parties it would only succeed in vote-splitting giving power to the party least like itself. Ultimately it will then merge with, or replace the party it is most like.

But the benefits of a reasonably strong third party is that it keeps the other guys on their toes and reduces the "Us versus Them" dynamic that leads people to treat the Dems and Reps like favorite sports teams to be cheered for no matter what by their "fans".

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

Right on, Leonidas. The Independent Moderate Party I propose would indeed be centrist in nature, and strong in its principles!

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: kendix1960
a reply to: luthier

I'm not looking to sell anything. Just trying to avoid confusion and false perceptions, so as to make it easier for a candidate to be able to present his or her views without a presumption that any point of view is either favored or opposed solely based on the name of a certain political party.

I know...it was sarcasm. We need a centrist party so the majority of Americans can be included in politics and not always have to choose the lesser of two evils.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

America Needs A Third Major Political Party----How About The Independent Moderate Party

Isn't that how the T party started out, grassroots; Didn't take long for the GOP right wing to co opt the original intent...did it?

Politics will follow the money; just like everything else. Can I have the TIMP tshirt concession?

Besides people want labels; it satisfies that tribal instinct to feel special and demonize anyone that's different.

imo...you have no credibility. I've read your threads, you want a military ruled party...that's not moderate or independent.

Well I think if we are honest we can all recognize that the post Ron Paul Tea Party was just a place for conservatives to hide in order to distance themselves from W and his party.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: gspat
Need to vote in the "Rent is too damn high" party...

Go JIMMY !!!!

RENT Is Too "DAMN" High!

The Party of the Future !!!

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I agree with some of your post.

However, I would like to see a third Party that is not allowed to except any Corporate, A Packs, or big lobbying money period.

This will eliminate Corporations from owning our elected officials, no more special favors for the elite.

This will also end corporations sitting down with Congress to write laws for their own interests.

Americans will support this.

I believe Americans are waking up to the fact that our government representatives, no longer work for We The People any longer.

That is why Trump and Sanders are soaring in the Polls right now, I believe Americans are sending a strong message to the corrupt Corporations, and Representatives that are excepting their money.
edit on 20-1-2016 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Most people believe the party they already support is the moderate sane party and those wackos from the other side are the extremists bordering on cultists that aren't true (name nation)in citizens!

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

What George Washington said so long ago is equally true today. Our political parties can and must serve to insure the equatable administration of government, while acting, at the same time, as a check on the potential for excess and abuse in government. An Independent Moderate Third Party with a Centrist platform that incorporates the best elements of the other two major parties would best serve the purpose of avoiding such governmental excesses as unreasonable taxation and over regulation while, at the same time, be best positioned to protect our constitutional rights as guaranteed in the Bill Of Rights and thereby minimize the chance of dictatorship and abuse of power.

Such a Centrist Oriented Independent Moderate Third Party would also be sensitive to the needs of our senior citizens by preserving Medicare and Retirement Social Security and would also maintain Social Security Disability benefits and Medicaid for those of our citizens legitimately in need of same.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Right On kendix1960

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I should run for president this term. My slogan will be whoever doesn't want to vote for trump or clinton vote for me.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   
How about just calling it the common sense party, and only let people with common sense be the representatives for the rest of us that actually have and USE it.
Like not using a water source that is known to be poisoned with led to save money when there is clean water that is accessible.
Or maybe not let big companies write the regulations for themselves.
Or maybe read a bill to see what's in it before you pass it and not the other way around.
The list could go on forever.
edit on 21120000001 by JHumm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: kendix1960

The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism.

a reply to: liveandlearn

What George Washington said so long ago is equally true today. Our political parties can and must serve to insure the equatable administration of government, while acting, at the same time, as a check on the potential for excess and abuse in government. An Independent Moderate Third Party with a Centrist platform that incorporates the best elements of the other two major parties would best serve the purpose of avoiding such governmental excesses as unreasonable taxation and over regulation while, at the same time, be best positioned to protect our constitutional rights as guaranteed in the Bill Of Rights and thereby minimize the chance of dictatorship and abuse of power.

Such a Centrist Oriented Independent Moderate Third Party would also be sensitive to the needs of our senior citizens by preserving Medicare and Retirement Social Security and would also maintain Social Security Disability benefits and Medicaid for those of our citizens legitimately in need of same.

I am not disagreeing with an independent moderate side of gov. since i think most are exactly that. I am disagreeing with the idea of a party altogether. you are not listening to our founding fathers who had already experienced the exact things we are now living through.

Without looking forward to an extremity of this kind, (which nevertheless ought not to be entirely out of sight,) the common and continual mischiefs of the spirit of party are sufficient to make it the interest and duty of a wise people to discourage and restrain it.

The point here is looking forward. You are asking for the same thing we have but with a third box to put another section o people in. Would a third be any different given time? With an adequate following they would set out their own party guidelines via an appointed head by which all candidates would be required to follow and doesn't embrace the varied individuals in this country.

The president is to represent all the people, not just a particular party and that is excactly what is happening in this country.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Problem is how would this party appeal to the voter?
Libertarians will always fail because they rely soley on reason, as even the libertarian magazine is named Reason. It doesn't create passion, it does not arose the base man.
Most people are the base man. Libertarians think people want to think

This hypothetical party would have to root itself into passion of the common man. I think the libertarian party would need to root itself in nationalism along with fighting corporate and government corruption. And I think they should advocate friedman's negatve income tax/basic minimum to replace the current welfare system.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   

America Needs A Third Major Political Party- I don't think so!!.

Australia has a 3 party system, if you call it that.

95% of the time they vote with party in government because they don't want to be painted as the destabilising party causing the govt to fail and another general election.

The greens, the 3rd party are very afraid of being punished at the polls for making the sheeple vote in too many elections the tax payers cant afford and don't want. Well; so goes the refrain (training) from the govt and the media.

About the only time they vote against the govt is when the other major party votes with the govt.

Whats needed is a lot more govt of the people by the people which means a lot more referendums where the people, the masses, make the decisions.

In this day and age its ludricious for 3000 million people to be ruled by just 3 - 400 politicians whose collective will become LAW which is backed by violence or the threat of it. Its enforced by the courts which use the same violence of the threat of it as the govt. (see the free Ebook, 'Adventures in Legal Land by Marc Stephens.)

When people learn that laws are simply the will of a small group of men and women imposed on the masses and backed by force, they will learn there is no difference between 1 person or 3-4 hundred people making those laws. The only difference is the number of people involved. It is still a tyrannical system.

That's why you need a referendums based political system which is govt of the people by the people for the people.

edit on 21-1-2016 by Azureblue because: z

edit on 21-1-2016 by Azureblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I'm with you. We'll both run for president on the new "Independent Moderate Centrist Party."

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

Much of what you say is true. But it is not the number of parties but the kind of politicians who belong to them that has to change. We have a long way to go in that regard!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join