It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Avatar Tutorial and Resource Thread: Photoshop

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn
a reply to: Ghost147

Ah, I always save as PNG. Almost never merge layers, since I need my things to be flexible. Higher quality. Biggest issue is filesize, which is honestly a non-issue unless you've got crazy strict limitations.

Actually, I just realised that my current image is 163KB, when I believe it's meant to be 150KB or less? Is that an issue, or does ATS auto-correct?
(I mean, I had an avatar that was 12 times larger than what it was supposed to be dimension-wise at one point, but it got auto-scaled.)
If not, and I need to change it, I should be able to reduce the size by 13 KB fairly easily.

PNG is better quality, but the difference between PNG quality and JPEG quality is extremely unnoticeable:

PNG VERSION [File size is 210,951 bytes (213 KB on disk)]

JPEG VERSION [File size is 171,133 bytes (172 KB on disk)]

As for the allowance on ATS, it may have an auto compression system, but I'm not totally sure
edit on 21/1/16 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

click here to download the ATS Avatar Preset for Photoshop

Everytime I click on the download link it takes me to tinyupload.com...THEN when I click to download it takes me to an infomercial link which I have to manually click 'leave page"

Is this a fake link or what is the purpose of this? Really weird what your title to your link says to what it actually presents

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

originally posted by: Ghost147

click here to download the ATS Avatar Preset for Photoshop

Everytime I click on the download link it takes me to tinyupload.com...THEN when I click to download it takes me to an infomercial link which I have to manually click 'leave page"

Is this a fake link or what is the purpose of this? Really weird what your title to your link says to what it actually presents

Hmm, I'll upload it at a different source. I used that website before, so I'm not sure why it would redirect to anything else.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

EDIT1: I just tested the download, and it works perfectly fine for me. But, I'll upload it elsewhere just in case

EDIT2: You can now also find the file here ( can't edit the OP anymore, it's been too long and has locked me out of editing)
edit on 21/1/16 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn
Doing a tutorial for GIMP would be a good idea, as it's free/opensource.

For some reason GIMP isn't working on my computer, and the new download I have for it also isnt worky. Sorry, looks like I'll have to keep with photoshop tutorials for now

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

It happen to me too at the beginning .. my safari froze I had to reset browser and empty cache after that everything reloaded properly .. honest this was really good exercise like the adding fond to your computer when I once tried it on my own it took me two days and it never happen (I was making fake uni diploma my folks don't know I failed my last unit
) anywho this was really super thx
edit on 21-1-2016 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join