It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cologne Imam Says ‘Things Will Happen’ If Women Wear Perfume And Dress Half-Naked

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+46 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
European women have nobody to blame but themselves for being attacked, sexually harassed, and sexually assaulted. How dare they dress provocatively and wear perfume! This is really the mindset!

This reminds me, when are we going to get a new forum category called "Europe Burning" or something similar?

So, what do YOU think? Do women deserve what they get if they dare dress, act, and smell "provocative"?

dailycaller.com...

A Cologne imam believes 521 victims of sexual assaults in the city on New Year’s Eve have themselves to blame for being half-naked and wearing perfume.

Sami Abu-Yusuf, a cleric at a Salafist mosque in Cologne, spoke to Russian channel REN TV to explain why the unprecedented assaults happened. Abu-Yusuf said “it is not surprising the men wanted to attack them” because of their appearance.

“If they walk half-naked and use perfume, then things will happen,” Abu-Yusuf said. “A man, a woman…it’s like a splash of oil into the fire.”

Abu-Yusuf also criticized the public’s strong reaction to the assaults by saying people “need to react properly, and not add fuel to the fire.”

Direct Google Translate from Russian Site:

ren.tv...

In an exclusive interview with reporters REN TV local imam told one of his sermons. "We need to react properly, do not add fuel to the fire. To speak, to look for solutions. And if someone attacks on others, insults them, it may be a dangerous situation. One of the reasons (why migrants are raped girls) - how were dressed themselves women. If they walk half-naked, use perfume, and then things happen. A man, a woman ... It's like a splash of oil into the fire ... "- said to our correspondents imam" Al-Tawhid "in Cologne Sami Abu Yusuf .

edit on 20-1-2016 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

+23 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
The imam may not like what happens.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Lead to a pumpkin

+39 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I hope someone dabs some perfume behind his ears and shoves him into a crowd of 1000 sexually chaste Muslims...

Then we will see if perfume is the trigger!

I volunteer to film it. I will be in a burqa and forego scent. That will render me invisible.

reply to: Bluntone22

+56 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
This is what gets me. They aren't man enough to respect another human being's right to go about their business without interference.

I'd much rather live in a society that excludes people like this than one where women can't go out without a chaperone.

+58 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Yeah... this is the west.

We like our women half naked and not stinking thank you!

Send the guy back to whatever medieval cess pit he came from and let him have his burka covered stinkers!

+16 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Title should have been "Imam from COLOGNE chastises women for wearing PERFUME."

(post by butcherguy removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
+23 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Well...I suppose if the ladies are wearing 'Eau de Sheep'...they're just askin' for it from these guys...aren't they?

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
One sided master of the obvious. Friggin dolt.( the " Cologne imam" )
We really need people like this to tell us these things in this society?
edit on 20-1-2016 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

+27 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Yeah never mind morals, let alone self control. It's a woman's fault she's raped. Makes me sick.

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
yep and those men have no one to blame but themselves if someone's boyfriend or hubby happens to knock the guys block off for harassing his girlfriend/wife. and, well, if they break any of the laws of the country they happen to be in, if they spend time in a jail cell!

they should just be grateful that no matter what they do, they won't be buried in the dirt up to their necks so that we can play soccer with their head, or well, we just cut it off outright because we just don't have time to play games.

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

+14 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Islam - the religion for uneducated fools.

I mean Christianity doesn't particularly look fondly on women dressing provocatively either. But there is a difference in perspective on the outcome.

Christianity says it can lead to promiscuous behavior but it stops well short of saying if a woman gets sexually attacked it's all her own fault.

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

And let's be honest, what modern Christianity considers provocative and what Islam considers provocative are usually about as different as a miniskirt and Victorian dress, too.

+26 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
It seems to me that one way to improve the chance of social integration into the host culture, is to boot out all the Iman's.

I recall a few years ago the UK noticed that it was a problem that a large number of Iman's who came from overseas, did not speak English and were culturally separated.

If the person preaching hates women, then guess what happens to the people listening?

+27 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Islam is one big boys party with anything goes as far as treating women is concerned. Sharia lets them whip their women and dress them cheaply in black shrouds - and they kid the daft women into thinking that's pious. The truth is the men are threats to anything female. That's basically what the Cologne imam is saying isn't it.

This imam is inciting rape etc.

Its not only our women but also our little girls that aren't safe with this mentality parading around in our countries.

My wife wears perfume because I buy it for her and expect her to wear it when she wants. I also like her to wear good stylish clothes, personally I think most muslim women when they flaunt their religion look like drudges. Why should I change my feelings on this because some dink comes in from the desert with his own god who I don't recognise or respect? Its not going to happen despite all the hand wringers and apologists because these are values that are not mine.

+33 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Something is wrong with your religion if none of your male adherents can stop raping women and taking ownership of their actions. Yes? That's a fail in my book. I live in the US where women dress with less than most other places on earth. Funny thing...I didn't rape anyone today.

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Here is another one that needs to be deported NOW.

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Sami Abu-Yusuf, a cleric at a Salafist mosque in Cologne, spoke to Russian channel REN TV to explain why the unprecedented assaults happened. Abu-Yusuf said “it is not surprising the men wanted to attack them” because of their appearance.

Very smart.

"It is not surprising the men threw molotov cocktails at the Cologne mosque".

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join