It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon militants sit silently as furious residents shame them for ruining their community

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

FRustration and tension in Harney County, Oregon, over the continuing occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge was palpable at a Tuesday night meeting with occupiers, residents and elected officials, KTVZ reports.

The meeting was held at Burns High School, and the appearance of militia leader Ammon Bundy and other occupiers took attendees by surprise. Residents took it as a chance to vent their anger at the militant group for their ongoing disruption of daily life in the area.

Ok, you had your 15 min. made your point and it's time to leave.

At one point, the crowd erupted in applause when Harney County judge Steve Grasty approached the group and addressed Ammon Bundy directly.

“It is time for you to go home,” he said. At the end of the meeting, Grasty urged Bundy to leave peacefully, even offering to put him in his own pick-up truck and drive him wherever he wanted. “I don’t care if it’s Utah… Go home will you? We got families. We need to move on.”

This whole thing turned into a cluster **** because of lack of planning and letting outside yahoos use the occupation for their own agenda.

Interesting video...

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
The over-the-top outrage for this group reminds me of the over-the-top outrage for the tea party. Both groups have hurt nobody and have threatened nobody. Yet, the media and left wing of this country treated them as if they were Nazis or an invading army.

Now compare those reactions to the reactions of these 2 groups to an organization like Black Lives Matter. This group has threatened, has killed and has destroyed property. They have also openly enforced racial segregation and called for more of it. They have invaded public spaces and threatened people based on their skin color and shouted racist slurs at them. And yet, the left and media still defend them and treat them as respectable people.

None of this makes sense.

+14 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

I find it interesting how often conservatives members go out of their way to talk about BLM. Even in threads, like this one, that have nothing to do with BLM. It's almost over-the-top...

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Their 50 miles away who's presence is annoying them the militia or the Feds?

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Their 50 miles away who's presence is annoying them the militia or the Feds?

The Feds !!!

The whole thing is a set up.

The Fed operatives are stirring up the crowd of locals.

edit on Jan-20-2016 by xuenchen because: cointelpro

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Interesting video...

It would be if anybody could actually watch it.

Hurry up and get the HuffPro story up !!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I'm from a small town, 50 miles away mine as well be another state to these people.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: olaru12

Interesting video...

It would be if anybody could actually watch it.

Hurry up and get the HuffPro story up !!!!

ok....

www.huffingtonpost.com...

To be honest, I wouldn't want Federal heat brought down in my community either.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

So they are pissed about the Feds not the militia.

Just to clarify.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

So they are pissed about the Feds not the militia.

Just to clarify.

Did you read the article? The community wants the milita to go home. I don't blame them.
What further good will the occupation accomplish? They made their point and I agree with much of it.
Is the militia trying to spark an armed uprising? Who want's that?
edit on 20-1-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Where are all those good folk that were calling the BLM protesters 'Terrorists' for holding up the traffic for a few hours?

Wouldn't these armed militia also be considered terrorists?

Well they're nowhere to been seen, because they're full of s**t....they're the worst type of people...

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I find it interesting how often conservatives members go out of their way to talk about BLM. Even in threads, like this one, that have nothing to do with BLM. It's almost over-the-top...

Conservatives go out of their way to talk about anything.

Indoctrination has made them the bias fact-checkers for their masters. The best part of when a conservative says something is when they generally assume all other conservatives feel the same way, when they're the single most diverse group in terms of "acceptance".

There are gay conservatives.
There are conservatives that hate gays.
There are women conservatives.
And there are conservatives against more equal rights
There are black and Islamic conservatives.
There are conservatives that hate blacks and Muslims.
There are atheist conservatives.
There are bible thumpers that show clear hate for anti-faith.

Only a hypocritical fool would vote for that party and consciously proclaim it's ideals. You're only representing yourself. You're not being represented.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369
Where are all those good folk that were calling the BLM protesters 'Terrorists' for holding up the traffic for a few hours?

Wouldn't these armed militia also be considered terrorists?

Well they're nowhere to been seen, because they're full of s**t....they're the worst type of people...

I called them terrorists for attacking people based on their skin color and calling for murder. The New Black Panthers had several open carry protests and nobody called them terrorists. Why do you think that is?
edit on 20-1-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Funny, I'm not a conservative. Do you think anyone who disagrees with you is a conservative?

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

They want the militia to go home because of the Feds

They are 50 miles away do you really think they care? Do any of them ever go there?

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join