It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Economic Collapse is imminent. Finalize your preps now.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
To clarify, by "imminent", I mean within the next 5 years. Again, I really hope I'm wrong, but there are some subtle, and some not so subtle indicators all pointing to it. Doesn't mean it can't be stopped, or delayed, but without MAJOR change, we'll see it way sooner than we'd ever like.....

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
what happened to my new post.... just made minutes ago ?

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

I will repeat the essence of my earlier post...but without all the dialogue and bluster

see these two YT presentations which cover the kernals I try to express in a most emphatic nature...

www.youtube.com...
about a 37 minute dialogue

then this:

www.youtube.com...
27 minutes with bill holter on the financial/economic manipulations in place now
the gold backed Yuan/Renminbi is soon to take over the western empires fraud riddled systems including the SWIFT banker code for interbank exchange with the China based code that is not corrupt or used for corrupt practices

in conclusion, the collapse will be a wide spectrum collapse.... the financial/equity market/FOREX/COMMEX exchanges along with the collapse of credit availability to stock food shelves/distribution/even gasoline as the petro-dollar will be defunct & other nations will refuse to trade/settle in the USD/FRN fiat currency scam

the shanghai gold exchange refuses to acknowledge the USD or derivative-paper to be a legit means of wealth transfer
to the new East Standard the old-world (London NYC, Atlantic finance Empire is defunct !)

this is just a quick summary of my earlier rant that was/is still completely accurate

the further 'collapse' will include not only the money re-set, but the replacement of representative & democratic government systems with Sharia based & Imman led dictatorial systems of the former western free nations

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
EU's economic collapse appears imminent as the Italian insolvency approaches, and the Troika approaches Italy, for its final doom. The EU will be bankrupt and in complete civil unrest before the end of the summer! The policies of austerity of the past years will further bring war, break-up of the union and collapse of European civilization that will be bought soon after for a few pennies. Together with it, the oligarchical system that ran Europe since the Roman era, will be demolished. Any attempt of south american countries to come to the rescue of the EU will result in the complete destruction of the south american continent too, in a similar fashion.

South america is still a colony of the EU and as such still depends on the same oligarchical system. Once that collapses, they better have an alternative.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

You'll have to excuse me as I don't understand economics at all, but won't they just continue to prop this system up the way they've been doing for a long time now?

a reply to: Flanker86

So, what would be behind this hypothetical scenario of yours? Have the Western elites been outmanoeuvred or would they themselves be behind this crash? What's the plan?

I look forward to a collapse like this, my only objection is that it would disturb my creature comforts. Western civilisation is already a corpse, we need a collapse, and not just some wishy washy economic collapse either. We need a total societal collapse. Preferably worldwide, a mass die off and a catalyst for real change.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

You'll have to excuse me as I don't understand economics at all, but won't they just continue to prop this system up the way they've been doing for a long time now?

Can only do it for so long, and many economists agree that we've simply slapped on too many band-aids to hold.
I personally hope you're right, and they're wrong...but hedging my bets, by trying to be more self-sufficient.

Unfortunately, takes time and money, and land. I have the last part, but the first two are always a challenge.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   

how can you do much if your on a fixed income?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: jake35353

Like the two guys outrunning a lion - you don't have to outrun the lion, you only have to outrun the other guy.

Prepping is a mindset. Survival is an attitude. Being aware it could happen is better than the people who are in shock and/or wait for the gubernant to rescue them. Any preparedness is going to be better than none. The idea is not to store 5 years worth of food but to get yourself in a situation where you can produce your own food in some sort of way. 1 years worth is the most you should need. I have about 6 months worth, it is all I can afford. But I live in an area where I can hunt and trap and surrounded by broad-acre grain and seed farms. My area is unlikely to be overrun by hordes coming out of the cities either. I also have a good sized vegetable garden and more than enough fruit trees. I also have 6-10 chickens. None of this is going to be enough for me and my family but it will be a good start, and with the 6 months food I might be able to get established before all of it runs out.

I live near a grain silo (elevator I think you might call it in the US) perhaps I can sweep up at the end of the day and pick up any dropped grain. I have learned what weeds I can eat. I know where the wild growing apple and quince trees are. I have a network of other families that we have agreed to help each other out. I have food tech knowledge and processing equipment, they have access to more land than me. I can ferment alcoholic beverages too, once the system collapses, there isn't going to be anyone checking for excise licenses out here and it will bartered anyway.

Buying cans is expensive and you are getting the cheapest and nastiest food around. So learn how to pressure can your own food, it becomes a lifestyle and you can save money. There are facebook pages that deal with it. If you are in the situation that you move around a lot, then build a stash somewhere where you can easily get back to it when meltdown comes.

The most expensive part was getting a supply of antibiotics. Had to get them from the US as the only ones here have to be obtained by perscription and the animal ones are adulterated with animal food. There is a goldfish supply place there that sells them. Build up a supply of whatever you take for fever and headaches.

If you own your place can you get solar cells put in? They can sometimes be got with finance. Or perhaps a wood heater. Even if you don't have access to trees you can tear up abandoned houses and burn them, just learn what is safe to burn and what isnt.

Lots of websites on prepping on a budget and some youtube videos.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Can buy a lot of planting materials just at a dollar store. Can easily grow some of your own veggies at a very minimum cost (and paying for itself and more in the process).

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I could definitely sense the economic collapse is imminent.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Keep in mind, by imminent, I mean within 5-10 years. Again, I really hope I'm wrong.

I don't foresee us coming under Sharia law though. That simply won't fly here.

Martial Law? Yep, I can agree we'd see that....but not under the thumb of Islam. It's completely opposite to the American spirit, and it simply won't take here, beyond small pocket communities.

<< 5  6  7   >>

join