It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tonight's meditation and prayer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Tonight I am meditating and praying deeply. I start by taking a few breaths and focusing in silence and darkness. I allow my mind to wander but continue to maintain the breathing. I don't try to stop the thoughts I just allow them to be. Soon I begin a mantra, "on mani pedme hum". I spend about 15 minutes here. After a while I stop chanting (singing) and I begin to breath, breath in silence and connect with the moment. As I go deeper and deeper into peace and tranquility I begin to ask God to bless with me purity in thought and purity in action. I ask God to guide me towards my highest being.
edit on 1/20/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Tonight I am meditating and praying deeply. I start by taking a few breaths and focusing in silence and darkness. I allow my mind to wander but continue to maintain the breathing. I don't try to stop the thoughts I just allow them to be. Soon I begin a mantra, "on mani pedme hum". I spend about 15 minutes here. After a while I stop chanting (singing) and I begin to breath, breath in silence and connect with the moment. As I go deeper and deeper into peace and tranquility I begin to ask God to bless with me purity in thought and purity in action. I ask God to guide me towards my highest being.

Don't be concerned, it will pass. *__-

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Funny thing, when you pray you are praying to none other but your higher self.

The purity in thoughts can be attained by regularly meditating. If you were really motivated you would take off for a few days alone in the wild or somewhere you can camp without any technologies, disturbances and pointless worries.

And then you would meditate, enjoy nature, breath, watch the sun rise and fall, all the while remembering that you are a higher consciousness zooming its godlike attention onto a small body it incarnated on earth. Simple the connection is disturbed by all the noise civilization creates as well as your ego. Get rid of both even for just a few days and with a little push from some plants you could metamorphose.

Any excuse to not do that is coming from your ego. It hates to lose territory..

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Guten Morgen- Here is something to anchor Your meditation.

www.dharma-haven.org...

I also don't need to remind You, the "other Me", that You may receive some posts typing that meditation is "wrong" or 'evil' as it evokes non-positive entities to take control of Your Body/vessel (the "devil" made me do it...)
'
namaste

P.S. Enjoy Your trip.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I feel way better today!

Crazy! Just another reminder!

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: _damon

I agree with _damon, I have recently spent a whole week (I would have stayed longer if I had the chance) out in the countryside, in a hut, virtually no mobile phone reception, no internet.
just me, farmland, woods, wildlife and nature.
It was a hell of an experience, made me realise all the mental pollution and noise that citylife, technology, and constant distraction inflicted upon my mind. And to which a lot of us and the new generations especially are being taught that's the norm.
something happened that week, and am since yearning for some more of that peace.
Meditation is a great tool.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I am actually impressed by your effort so feel free to contact me by PM.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: athousandlives

hehe, nice to know I am not the only one doing that. Last summer I went into very old cabin in the woods in a similar settings like you. No phones, electricity and gadgets of any kind. Only nature & me : )

It was awesome and very beneficial experiance and I will surely repeat it this year if I manage to find the time.

A lot of clarity about many things can happen in such retreat. I really recommend it for anyone who is meditating regularly and if you have appropriate place. You will surely grow mentally and spiritually.

I would also like to try out old school style and find a nice cave to do this, but unfortunately there are not many such places around my area... Well maybe they are waiting to be discovered I guess : )

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Are you depressed? Depression is synonym of need/urge for change. When something is off but cant put the finger on it, an unease like your world doesnt seem real, like an aura of negativity pouring from anything you try in this society, etc? It's consciousness reacting to unnatural pressure like a fetus would react to violent shocks to the belly.. It shows itself by unease this way it forces the receptacle to try to find something to fix it. Hence fueling some resolve, aint that crazy great?

If you need spiritual confirmations through words, here is a GEM of a site. Careful now the quotes in these oracles arent your normal ones. The possess several layers of meanings and can't fully be understood at once. Anyways they are the best to wake you up from your chronic psychotic episodes!
Its self coaching power is real.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: _damon

like this one:

You are too imprisoned in various routines that are suffocating your spirit. You are living too much under the oppressive weight of dullness and assumptions, habits and mechanical routines, like someone working at a factory. You lack alertness and spontaneity, as a result, you eat when you are not really hungry or fail to eat when you are (because it is not the official time) You go to bed when you are not sleepy, or do not take a nap when you need one, live in accord with your real, genuine and natural needs. Develop the fluidity and flexibility of a warrior spirit, stop being a "dull and predictable boring creature of routines and habits".

top topics

join