It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could take a vaccination to fix everything would you take it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
We need vaccinations. I think we need to invent some more. How about a vaccination for hatred. One for greed. Anger. Vanity.

If you could invent a vaccination for something, what would it be? Stupidity? Conceit? Evil?

Maybe we could just learn to love each other, is that possible?

Maybe we could just learn to accept our differences?

Maybe we could just let each other be who we are?

Is there a world we could have that just is?

Are you afraid to be yourself? Is there something you want to change about your personality? Do you think what you feel is more important than what someone else feels?

Is your free will to make decisions affecting others around you?

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: baglady333

No.

I need my anger and hate to understand love and peace.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Nope, my insanity is what keeps me alive lol

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

A vaccination for health. Without good health, you have little.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
No.

It would take the fun out of everything.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

If only. That would be great.

But evil's an inherent part of our nature, and, try however we'd like: there's no escaping it. I try all of the time, but to no avail.

I would love it if we could all love one another and get along.

But unfortunately, not everyone would. And that's why communism doesn't work

Free will makes your hypothesis impossible. Basically, we all suck. But then, sometimes we don't suck. Yin and Yang. Two sides of the same coin. And all that jazz~

And I like my mistakes--in retrospect, at least. I sure make plenty of them. Even though they make me hate myself, how would I ever be able to learn, otherwise?

a reply to: mikeone718

bingo! lol
edit on 19-1-2016 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
No vaccines for me. My hedonistic ways seem to do a good job of making my body uninhabitable to foreign invaders.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Why a vaccination? I am not sure what a shot in the arm, or wherever, has to do with how we treat one another. We don't need shots for that. Changes of the heart don't come in a syringe.

And, no - who would you trust enough, if they told you their shot could fi everything??

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Vaccinating against feelings is what you are suggesting.

And no. That is not and never has been an acceptable response. Learning to deal with ones emotions as part of ones being, to accept fury without giving into it, to accept sorrow without being broken by it, to accept pain without being debilitated by it, these are how one grows and becomes the best that one can be. Only by so doing, can one prepare for the possibility of joy, the potential for happiness, should the chance arise.

In many ways, I eschew medicines unless I am in dire straights. Things have to be going pretty badly for me on the microbial level, before I even consider taking an anti-biotic, or even visiting the doctor. This is not because I fear my doctor, or the chemicals he will feed me if my body is unwell, but because I believe that what one can survive without medical intervention, will make one stronger and less likely to become ill the same way again. My body is incredibly resilient to attack on the microbial level because my antibodies are battle hardened, sociopathic bastards. If they meet anything with which they are unfamiliar, its neck knives and tactical tomahawks all the way, and the enemy is sent packing. Only in circumstances where the little nutcases are overrun, do I consider other options.

My mind is stronger than my body though. I cut through problems, shatter them, move them aside, or crush them beneath the treads of the rolling behemoth that is my will. I do not need to be vaccinated against the contents of my mind, because I own those contents. They are mine, and they are all tools in my belt, arrows in my quiver. Every trauma I have survived, every sorrow inflicted upon me has been turned to my advantage, reforged into something I can use. My mind is open, my heart as well, but protected by the lessons I have learned by surviving thus far. I would no more vaccinate against its contents, than wear armour made of candy floss, or wield a sword made of cardboard.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   
A vaccine for cancer. Its effected many people around me. I dont wish it upon anyone.
If we could vaccinate as a prevention and neutraliser for all forms of cancer, then I would be happy.

Of course others may say, then your intervening with nature.
Government wont ever let it happen, because population would grow considerably.
Im sure if given the choice, a person would choose to die of natural causes rather than an abomination growing inside of them.

But then, given the topic at hand, we could also vaccine for old age, or heart disease, ect...

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   

We need vaccinations. I think we need to invent some more. How about a vaccination for hatred. One for greed. Anger. Vanity.
If you could invent a vaccination for something, what would it be? Stupidity? Conceit? Evil?

These vaccinations are already available; they are known as 'common sense'.
Unfortunately, we have arrived in a place in time where such is all but ignored because it requires more than taking a pill or being stuck with a needle.

Today, the desire is to be given, like a handout, whatever is required to survive successfully as a human being.

Life experience is just... well, too doggone hard

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: baglady333

No, because I'm a firm believer that all aspects of humanity's collective personality (all of the things that you listed and more) are what make us human, and I don't think that humans need fixed.

I think we may need to change the way we live on this planet, but I don't think humans individually need fixed.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

A vaccine for mending a broken heart, I would take. The past few years have been harsh on me (I spent 6 years trying to find someone I loved, only to get spit on when I did actually find her). Although my heart is on the mend, a vaccine would help me along the way.

I'd almost say one that would help me forget would be another I'd take, but if I can't remember, how will I prevent myself from making the same mistakes?

My immune system can handle the rest.

-fossilera

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

No.

I need my anger and hate to understand love and peace.

Omg - Best answer ever

new topics

top topics

join