It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Apostle Paul, A Man Used of God

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=20277478]chr0naut[/post. It doesn't bother you he lied? At all? I mean he was given a message, and lied about its contents. Is that. Hard to understand. He also preaches circumcision is evil, and then forces timothy to get circumcised. But you won't see how cruel that is to do to a grown man, you'll make up an excuse for why it's ok. That's what Paulines do.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
A welcome thread, but I don't know if it can be rescued from the king of spam.

this isn't helping either side of the argument though... its only defaming a member of our community

Speak your mind brother... YOU...IF anyone could rescue your side of the debate

though I believe it is fruitless

edit on 20-1-2016 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: drevill

Rationalize all you want. I'm not bothered by you being deceived. If you want scripture be specific, and I will oblige.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Essene616

brother... stop saying you will give scripture and put it down straight...

An argument needs backing... one must use the weapons needed to fight their war

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=20277399]drevill[/p 12 tribes. Even a tribal split(Ephraim and Mannassah could only be half a tribe each. To preserve 12
edit on 20-1-2016 by Essene616 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: chr0naut

then you have to face it that you are simply not Christian.

Im not sure how to define "Christian"...

but perhaps those who follow Paul and his writing should face the fact that they are actually Paulian?

Perhaps, but Jesus and Paul were different people and their audiences, and times, were different too.

Jesus spoke to a primarily Hebrew audience and focused on the Kingdom of God.

Paul, on the other hand was very much post-resurrection and his audience was almost exclusively gentile. Paul seems to have a focus on 'justification by faith'. In 1 Corinthians 15: 1-8 Paul defines exactly what his concept of the gospel is:

Now, brothers and sisters, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain. For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas (Peter), and then to the Twelve. After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers and sisters at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles, and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born.

Paul's gospel was all about Jesus, pure & simple. Paul is a follower of Jesus (by his own admission) and despite the differences in message and delivery, is in strong accordance with Jesus.

edit on 20/1/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: drevill
. 12 tribes. Even a tribal split(Ephraim and Mannassah could only be half a tribe each. To preserve 12

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Benjamin shall ravin as a wolf: in the morning he shall devour the prey, and at night he shall divide the spoil.

That's minus one... which happens to be Pauls people

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

So point to your point of contention so I can provide my response. If you don't think I am right, tell me what about. I can't give you scripture if you don't tell me what you want me to prove.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Admitting to following someone and actually doing it are two separate things...

and by the way God called "peter" to go to the gentiles... not Paul

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Essene616

So point to your point of contention so I can provide my response. If you don't think I am right, tell me what about. I can't give you scripture if you don't tell me what you want me to prove.

its not my thread brother...

I've made a few theads about Paul in my time here... Deal with the OP

Or write a thread to oppose it

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 05:08 AM
link   

I have given more to this thread than any one. I've even backed up my claims. What more do you want?

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   

I've been putting it down straight.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Definitive proof the OP's claim is false...

This is why I've been holding back...

its in the book IF one knows where to look... though I love the debate caused by this premise

I think Christians know Paul is a fraud but are afraid to admit to it

edit on 20-1-2016 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Right. You asked for a definition of Christian.
It is hardly possible to use this word for people following the words of Jesus alone, since Jesus made so little use of it.
"Jesus is the Christ" is the declaration of the rest of the New Testament, so it belongs to people who are using the whole of the New Testament.

Historically, the early church put the New Testament together in order to define their understanding of Christian teaching.
It remains. for Christian theology, the definition of Christian teaching.
So a Christian has always been, since that time, someone accepting the New Testament as a whole.

I prefer to tackle the relationship between Jesus and Paul in stages, one piece at a time. My threads planned for 2016 are an important part of that.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Thanks.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

considering neither the NT or what is "Christian" teaching existed at that time... that being when Jesus actually was alive... to me this sounds like something straight out of a local church

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   

You know I agree. And its true. I finally got my sister to admit as much.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   
BEAST THREAD EVER.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   

I have proven it, definitively, one lie is enough. But so far no one has asked me to back up a claim without my providing proof, which is why it's so quiet.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join