It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Search for missing 2-year old Noah Chamberlin enters day 6

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

Yes that is true, that slipped my mind, my mistake. Maybe it is just the grandparents that are being suspiciously quiet. But it still doesn't explain why the parents are not pleading to the world to help find their baby. I would utilize any airtime I could get to help find my baby.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: SkyWatcher13

I know, it's so heartbreaking. And it's so freaking cold here! I can't imagine him surviving long in the elements. Like so many parents, I am hugging my babies tighter.

Thanks for keeping us updated and with a closer eye on the situation.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
This is only a few hours from where I'm at. I hadn't heard anything about it until I saw it here. The weather is gonna get so bad tonight....and for the rest of the week.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Here's a link for channel 5...
I missed the news conference but at the end of the short video, there is a quick look at the scene...
very very wooded...looks dense...

Channel 5

I'm trying to find the actual press conference on line...
Any links?

I found a link to the updates...HIghlights of 4 pm news conference

THEY STILL BELIEVE HE IS IN THE WOODS!!!!

I told the old man we should go but, they've combed the area ten times...I don't know if we'd be a help or a hinderance...
I hope the best for this little soul...

edit on 19-1-2016 by TNMockingbird because: clarify link

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
What a heartbreaking situation. Praying for Noah and all those who love him.

Has the 4-year-old said anything? Most 4 year olds can express themselves clearly and might provide clues- wondering if anyone has heard if the sibling had anything to say?

I hate asking this - but if Noah were eaten by a wild animal, his scent would likely be picked up, right?

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: VegHead

I hate asking this - but if Noah were eaten by a wild animal, his scent would likely be picked up, right?

More easily than if he hadn't been eaten, because to be eaten would mean blood being spread about, and dogs would smell that from miles away.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
This story seems suspicious to me. What grandmother loses a 2 year old; on a hike no less, where her protective senses should have been up. Something does not add up here!

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird
I've given the address already a simple map search n satellite view will not only show the area but also make more questions, there is no way he could went any direction with out running into a road, houses or trails, or open fields. The section BEHIND grannies house has a big road that is half the area behind the woods less then a half mile and the other quarter would be grannies yard and the last quarter is open area and neighbors...

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
A couple of pics I stumbled across, the first one is the missing boy...

Google Maps Location

Some news sites are saying that a hunter's deer cam in the woods had taken a picture of the sister and grandmother...

The trail cameras all show the grandmother and the sister, but no Noah. The sheriff has admitted that now.

www.topix.com...

Weaver said he could not discuss whether trail cameras in the woods showed signs of Noah.The efforts are still a search and rescue operation, Weaver said, and there is no criminal investigation.

www.jacksonsun.com...

When asked about deer cameras, Mapes denied there was anything useful on the cameras and is currently checking to see if there was any footage of the family on them.

www.wbbjtv.com...

edit on 19-1-2016 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

I never realized that they were so far in the woods, also the excerpts you provided contradict each other. Well, number 1 and 3...odd

I think the sheriff is holding back something,maybe waiting for someone to "slip up"?

At least TBI is involved and not just the local authorities...no disrespect to them.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Yes I saw that which is why I posted it...

I was hoping that someone else might know more about it.

I had to Google TBI (Tennessee Bureau of Investigation).

I had never heard of it before which is odd because I actually lived in Cleveland, TN for a year.

Some of the nicest people I've ever met BTW...

I cant even imagine the pain this family must be going through, especially the grandma.

On the plus side, if anything happens to the little guy, he'll be waiting for them all up above.

Below are the press conferences, the first two are Saturday's, the third is Sunday's, the fourth and fifth are from Monday, the last one is today's...

edit on 19-1-2016 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: SkyWatcher13

As a parent, I cam imagine how the family must feel! This case seems a lot like many in the Missing 411 books, too. Out of sight for moments, then gone. They need to search outside the normal parameters, recheck areas already checked, look in very bushy areas and under tree roots, check swamps and any watery areas, and pray! Uphill, if there is an uphill, any place they think he couldn't get to. Kids have been known to show up in such places, in cases like this. And, yeah, someone or something took him, seems most likely. Not likely the family. Doesn't feel like the family. If I lived there, I'd be out looking. Kids can be found by people not part of a search, too. Six days is a long time. Prayers sent for his safe return, and for his family! I feel like there could be some hope, still. Kids that young have been found in places trained searchers could barely reach. If possible, pass this along to them! David Paulides writes about this sort of case (above books). The dogs finding no scent, the short time to vanish; the rough terrain - these are all common features.

Having lived in Tennessee, I do know how rough the wooded areas can be. I could see a child getting lost easily.
edit on 19-1-2016 by LadyGreenEyes because: correction

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon
It's sad when a child goes missing.. as a parent it is your worst nightmare..
Assuming this is genuine and no foul play occurred.. how must this lady be feeling? Looking after another person's child and he goes missing..
And with so much finger pointing and speculation would make it a thousand times worse.

These woods... are they in regular use by the public? Or secluded? I have woods at the back if my house and you rarely see anyone there..
Also what kind if wild animals are within this area?

Tennessee, you'd have bears and cougars, for certain. Bobcats, too, though they wouldn't be dragging off a child of that age, most likely. Reports in some areas of two-legged hairy things, too, if you believe those are real. Then there are people.

Thick enough woods, a child could get out of sight pretty fast.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Looking at the satellite pic of that location, I could see hi staying lost! LOTS of trees in the area, and places he could have slipped through, assuming he wasn't taken. I lean toward taken, personally. Still, from this - link - there are places he could avoid roads, fields, and houses. All assuming no one took him. Seems far more likely he was taken. Still, checking the rougher areas again is a good idea. This case has a lot of common factors from the Paulides books.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

I swear I posted in this thread earlier...my post started with ...."poor little fella" where did it go??? there is no trace like when the mods remove a post????

anyway cute little guy, hope he is found but not looking good....missing child stories are always hard to take...

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: research100
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

I swear I posted in this thread earlier...my post started with ...."poor little fella" where did it go??? there is no trace like when the mods remove a post????

anyway cute little guy, hope he is found but not looking good....missing child stories are always hard to take...

I'd swear I saw that post! Weird.....and yes, hard to take, but I do feel like there is hope. The law enforcement seem certain the family is honest, which is good, and it just feels like he could be found alive. They do sound frustrated by all of the rumors and social media stuff, and I can't blame them, there! Can't blame the family for not appearing, either, all considered. No abduction suspected, tons of help already, and they have to be falling apart. Why subject themselves to the press? Some of those reporters were really pushing the issue of him possibly being dead, which is tactless, under the circumstances. As a mother, I'd likely knock out some reporter asking me that!

The sheriff is right; that terrain does look like East Tennessee! Grew up in the eastern part, and that satellite shot looks quite like what I knew. Easy to imagine a small child being hard to find in all those acres. Over a thousand, I think the one guy said? Lot of area to cover! Praying they can locate him before worse weather hits. Seems hard to imagine after this long, but I am with the sheriff on that; have some faith he will be found. When the story of Susan Smith's kids hit the news, I felt right away they were already dead, though I didn't know how. This case? Feels like there is hope. Feels close to me, too; though not in the state now, I have family there, and some in the western half. Could have easily been a family member! Hoping and praying they locate this little guy!

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   
What about the baby falling into an old well? Looking at overhead photos, it looks as if there are a couple of breaks in the trees, still overgrown but possible where a very old, long rotted away or torn down cabin or home may have stood. If the boy had fallen into a deep canal like a well or underground animal den and knocked unconscious or worse, would dogs still be able to pick up a scent then? I would think so.

Once when picking around an old farmstead foundation, a friend of mine's foot broke through an old rotten piece of wood with vegetation growing into it. He fell into a well hole about up to his armpits. He was 16 yrs old and pretty skinny. We figured the hole was only about two or three inches wider than a standard size basketball.

Just curious about the dogs with that scenario as I am old enough to remember Baby Jessica and that case came to mind.
edit on 1/20/2016 by shockedonlooker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Link to Story

Here's some brief info about the family found while checking for updates. They (the officials) in one of the press conferences *Thanks Murgatroid!)stated that he COULD have gotten 5-6 miles away...
WEll, there's the Pinson Mounds, very close AND Chicksaw State Forest...

The OP, Skywatcher13, is from the area and maybe can elaborate on the temps last night and any word on the street...
We were covered in a light coating of sleet which, although, not really close, if they are experiencing this same weather it must hurt the efforts and poor little Noah...

One of my thoughts, while watching the press conferences, was how he (the sheriff) refused to respond to the question if the dogs had indicated that Noah had been in the woods at all...sorry, it was "something" to that effect.
I'm not in LE but, it seems a simple enough question and if you (LE) believe he is still there "in the woods" then, why wouldn't you answer that?

Odd...praying...

(I'm embarrassed to put this here but, wanted to put it somewhere...I don't know much about "lucid" dreaming other than what I've read on the internet. When I laid down last night I suppose I was obsessing about this story, within about 3 minutes, my eyes closed and I was dreaming of being on a toilet lid my feet were slippery, I had a heavy ball (almost like metal) in my hand and something in my left hand, I slipped and fell. I must have been in MY bathroom as their was a clothes hamper (just like in my bathroom) and I hit my head. It was a hard lick! As I was falling I saw what had been in my left hand was a number 2 pencil which rolled away across the floor, it startled me back "awake"...anyway, like I say, just dropping it somewhere as this story induced dreams for me...downside of obsessions)
edit on 20-1-2016 by TNMockingbird because: see above

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I found a handbook on "Investigator's Guide to Missing Child Cases".
About page 20 begins the relevant parts.
Link to PDF

Reads as if the investigators are doing it "by the book".

Behavioral science unit has been called in...
two thoughts...
They believe he was abducted by a human predator OR they are preparing for the recovery NOT rescue...

Prayers for the family!

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Good morning all. Yes temps are very cold and we are having freezing rain. Schools are closed due to black ice on roads and slick bridges. We have another system moving in for tomorrow that is supposed to be even worse.

Poor Noah. Where is this baby?

Someone mentioned wild animals and terrain, we do NOT have bears (some cougar sightings recently) in West TN or mountains. Nancy Grace reported this story and made a mockery of it by saying a bear could have gotten him or he is lost in our mountains, obviously she didn't do her research before reporting.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join