It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This one picture says it all

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: SonofaSkunk
So? I assume the OP has only American made products in his house and closets? Want to stop the illegals coming in? Arrest and jail the business owners and rich housewives who keep hiring them and stop handing them government checks. Want an American made product at Mexican/China made prices? Stop bowing to unions and stop paying zit faced kids who serve you "fries with that" $15 an hour.

is the OP running a campaign for president where he talks endlessly about how we are getting killed in trade and problem of outsourcing jobs?

whats the point of this defense? Why can't you just acknowledge the hypocrisy for what it is?

Trump is the one doing things he complains about on national TV, not the OP.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Ford also paid Mexicans in their own country to build their cars, but Trump says he'll penalize them for doing it by taxing them 35% on every car built in Mexico.

Do you think he'd tax himself 35% for every piece of clothing made by his company in Mexico? Of course not, because his motto is "do as I say, not as I do".

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Donald J. Trump: Made in Mexico.

Maybe this is why he wants to build the wall, so those Mexicans can continue making him money!

"You know what, because they make a fortune with us," Trump explained on Aug. 19. "Our companies are moving into Mexico more than almost any other place right now. We are losing our industry. We're losing our business to Mexico."

Source

I wonder who's fault that is Mr. Trump! Keep on telling the people what they want to hear while doing the exact opposite! You're making a fine politician of yourself. Lol.

You obviously failed to do any research what so ever and decided to post a political bait thread, grats. Let me educate you. Trump has zero control on where these garments are manufactured. He licensed out his name to appear on these garments, he didn't design them or get involved in the logistics of said products.

So what is the problem with this? Do you think that we should not engage in business with Mexico or trade with Mexico? Should we vilify anyone who thinks we should conduct business with Mexico? If you think doing business with Mexico is bad then you should find out which candidates voted for or supported NAFTA.

As first lady, in 1996, Clinton trumpeted NAFTA as "proving its worth."

Source, from liberal NPR

But please, continue posting your faux outrage at people making money off of Mexico.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: BIGPoJo

So why is Trump outraged at Ford for making cars in Mexico and threatening to charge a 35% tax on every car made there? Obviously he's outraged enough about it to penalize them for doing it. If he still had the Macy's contract, do you think he'd charge himself a 35% tax on every piece of clothing made with his name on it? No, he wouldn't.

And what does Hillary Clinton have to do with this? Do you think that just because I'm not a fan of Trump that means I have to be her biggest fan? I don't like her any more than Trump.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

So why is Trump outraged at Ford for making cars in Mexico and threatening to charge a 35% tax on every car made there? Obviously he's outraged enough about it to penalize them for doing it. If he still had the Macy's contract, do you think he'd charge himself a 35% tax on every piece of clothing made with his name on it? No, he wouldn't.

And what does Hillary Clinton have to do with this? Do you think that just because I'm not a fan of Trump that means I have to be her biggest fan? I don't like her any more than Trump.

Its because people were relying on the plant opening in America, but instead they decided to screw over Americans and save a few bucks in Mexico. Trump had no part in Macy's decision to manufacture clothing in Mexico. Ford had 100% control over moving the plant to Mexico.

Once a contract is signed, like a licensing contract in Trumps case, he gets paid the same no matter the tax increase. So yes he would tax Macy's Trump branded clothing without batting an eye.

Lets try critical thinking with logic instead of emotions please.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

"I fight like hell to pay as little as possible for two reasons. Number one, I'm a businessman. And that's the way you're supposed to do it," Trump said in an interview with CBS' "Face the Nation." "The other reason is that I hate the way our government spends our taxes. I hate the way they waste our money. Trillions and trillions of dollars of waste and abuse. And I hate it."

Source

So Trump wants to make them pay a ridiculous amount of taxes but he tries to pay as little as possible?

As long as it's not HIS money being wasted by the government, he's fine with it, right?

"Do as I say, not as I do." What a hypocrite.

edit on 1/20/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I think you are letting your emotional attachment to Trump hinder your critical thinking abilities. Should he 'pay as much as possible' because it 'feels good' or 'pay as little as possible' because its a good business decision.

Secondly, you are calling him a hypocrite for saying what he did about taxes but I think you need to re-read that section. He isn't saying what you interpreted it as. When he says our money he means tax payer money. Mine, yours, his, not just his and his companies' tax payments.

I feel like you dislike Trump because he is Trump. You don't have to like him, he doesn't care. You not liking him will not stop him from doing a good job. He is one of the most successful businessmen on the planet who just happens to have done a few seasons of The Apprentice.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join