It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should society consider mandatory sterilization?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

Besides, the predominant cause of idiotic people is an idiotic culture, not their genetics.

Not necessarily: Some religions condone marrying first cousins and some of the Royalty of bygone times even married their sisters to keep the blood line pure...or so the thinking went. The results were horrific in many cases and still are today. Look at the religions who condone first cousin marriages and the approximately 30+ % birth defects. Guess their skyfairy forgot to tell them it was not a good idea to interbreed. Even Animals know that; well most do...

edit on 19-1-2016 by 727Sky because: ..

link   
a reply to: kumiho

So, just because you have above average intelligence, it's now ok to cull the population? There have been intelligent serial killers and rapists. But they were smart so it's ok....

link   

Thats the point, population control would take away much of the problem, which we face in this time and age.. I tired of repeating history just for the fact of "maybe" We are part of this earth not the other way around..

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: BadBoYeed

You are already culled, the problem is that we have a real world and one imaginary.. Its time we let everyone into the reality..

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Are you volunteering?

link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Firstly, I said "predominant", not "unilateral."
Secondly, we are speaking of "idiocy" and steralisation, not inbreeding and biological defects.

I stand by my statement that idiocy is for the most part cultural (due to society, that is) and not genetic.

link   

I guess it's a question of whose hands you're willing to put someone else's life in?

Me, personally, my life is fine in my own hands thank you. What happens when the bar for 'stupid' is raised to such spectacular levels of intellect that only the very finest of people survive?
What happens if, when it's perfected, a law is passed so that only genetically altered 'super' humans are born who see even the arbiters as low intelligence pests and obsolete - then try to 'help them'?

The problem with this question is it kills diversity, which is the fruit of life. It's something that a robot should ask, not a human.
Without stupid you don't know intelligence, and sometimes stupid things make the most sense.

People who have disabled children love them the same as you were loved.
It would be VERY cool if technology was invented to 'cure' these disabilities.
Maybe the stupid people are here for a reason to teach humility. We just don't know. Unless a cure can be found to treat somebody ALREADY born with low IQ'd, no one should subscribe to 'death panels' as it were, as let's be honest that's what this culminates in.

"Controlling the population - this planet has too many humans on it. "
What an absurd statement. Only the entitled. selfish asses of society say this. The planet has enough space for MANY more people. What the planet doesn't have room for is people who want a 6 bedroom house when they live on their own. A mansion in the country when they work in the city, if people wanted to stimmy their selfish desires for a while people could, indeed, occupy this planet with abundance - even with more people on it..... To use this fallacy as a back-up statement to your argument is ludicrous and asinine.

Your viewpoint is massively skewed, and I fear it's in a very very dark direction. You talk about people as though they're dirt that needs to be cleaned. Scary....

Now here before you start. Here's your own text.
" This DOES NOT mean we should kill off people so don't twist my words" Then you go on to say.....
"What do you think should the world start a sterilization program? "

You do know this is basically what Hitler was after, yes? He may have copied it from America, but it's still wrong.

As an aside I'll ask you this, what happens if smart people start giving birth to stupid people? Who gets sterilised then? Both? Everyone?

edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
Should society consider mandatory sterilization?

WHO constitutes as society in your opinion?

Next..... intelligence would rise dramatically maybe the first step in realizing wars can be stopped if people can sit around a table and talk like intelligent human beings but more importantly we would have healthy people who could stop from ever having the common cold or flu ever again? Rule out common illnesses and disease as they die off.... clean the genetic code.

So, by eliminating those you deem unworthy, it somehow kicks in an evolutionary jump in intelligence for everyone else? Are you stating that those sitting around discussing war and creating it, are not intelligent? There is a grand scheme behind every war that is going on, has ever gone on, and will ever go on. These men are not unintelligent, they are sociopaths. I fail to see how thinning the heard so to speak would eliminate disease, and the like and in general make the world a better place. I'll admit, we ARE fighting over resources. Moreso because we have lost the ability to look after ourselves, or better yet, it has been taken away from us by " societies" demands. Big can of worms, better not opened.

WHO constitutes as society in your opinion?

IMO opinion the entire world should be looked upon as "society". No one is better than the next person UNLESS we speak directly about genetics than comes the dividing line. Now those less generous with good genetics are NOT to be treated any less or better than those with great genetics. Everyone is treated equally until it comes to have children.

IMO I believe if we clean up ourselves we could easily live to be over one hundred years old WITHOUT suffering from constant daily pain that most elderly go through......think about this for a minute. Would you love to have your grandchildren or great grandchildren to live to over one hundred years old without suffering? Have above intelligence and knowing your family heritage would most likely be able to contribute to the world in some way that brings joy and happiness to all. What about if your great grandchild was the one who eliminated poverty around the world?

Worthy or unworthy? First of all we are all worthy.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

As an aside I'll ask you this, what happens if smart people start giving birth to stupid people? Who gets sterilised then? Both? Everyone?

This is the reason I am saying that "smart" and "stupid" people come about as a result of society, the environment they are in, and the methodology through which they are raised. While some people (such as myself) may have a genetic advantage, I do not believe it is so extreme that it could not be overcome.
edit on 19/1/2016 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

Besides, the predominant cause of idiotic people is an idiotic culture, not their genetics.

Not necessarily: Some religions condone marrying first cousins and some of the Royalty of bygone times even married their sisters to keep the blood line pure...or so the thinking went. The results were horrific in many cases and still are today. Look at the religions who condone first cousin marriages and the approximately 30+ % birth defects. Guess their skyfairy forgot to tell them it was not a good idea to interbreed. Even Animals know that; well most do...

All forms of inter-breeding should be illegal around the world. As you say the "Royals" have proven this.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   

I absolutely agree, stupidity, as you mentioned in you last post, can indeed be a cultural problem.

I don't think genetics play as a big a role as some people would like to believe. If we turn the mirror on ourselves, our apathy toward other people, especially those struggling in understanding (usually the bullied people in school) and helped them instead, maybe stupidity wouldn't be so rampant?

edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Do not really think it is a real issue to sterilize to increase IQ or remove biological defects that create disease when we see the progress of biological sciences especially quantum biology.

The span of breeding/evolution in humanity takes longer from my point of view than the evolution of science at this point so I think we will have tools to Quantum manipulate the bodies earlier than any breeding will take affect.

We will probably sterilize to avoid unwanted pregnancy and not allow more than two children in the future to decrease human population to a lesser number slowly to be able to live better and not go thru mass extinction due to insane birth rates created by ignorance.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

Are you volunteering?

Once a worldwide standard could be agreed upon and I fall into the category of being the first one to be sterilized, than of course. It should apply to everyone.... including me and my family.

The only danger I see with eugenics is it needs to have a series of controls that no one including the rich, the illuminati, world governments, etc.... that can manipulate it....which can be done.

BTW the rich and powerful have mostly eliminated and removed defective genes from their DNA.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   

The only danger I see with eugenics is it needs to have a series of controls that no one including the rich, the illuminati, world governments, etc.... that can manipulate it....which can be done.

That will not occur. Regardless, even if the people with power over eugenics are initially pure, doubtless some will be corrupted. Then, they will slowly weed out those still wishing to advance society, until only the corruption remains. Look at the Police Force.
edit on 19/1/2016 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius

I absolutely agree, stupidity, as you mentioned in you last post, can indeed be a cultural problem.

I don't think genetics play as a big a role as some people would like to believe. If we turn the mirror on ourselves, our apathy toward other people, especially those struggling in understanding (usually the bullied people in school) and helped them instead, maybe stupidity wouldn't be so rampant?

Why has the thread turned to stupid versus smart? TROLLING

I am discussing disease and illness. STOP transferring sickness and disease to offspring.

No reason to discuss idiots and stupidity.... this can change with society as society becomes free of illness, disease... just this alone will raise IQ due to parameters being changed with the human mind by eliminating sickness and disease. IQ will evolve quickly.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   

No need to worry

Declining Male Fertility - An alarming trend

A fall in the sperm count in the reproductive years is now a serious global problem [4,5]. A study shows that sperm count of healthy males is decreasing at a rate of 1-2% per year [5].

magazine.scientificmalaysian.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   

If you do not wish this to be a discussion of IQ-based eugenics, do not make this the third line in your opening paragraph.

Stop passing on genetic code that produces lower IQ people?

I am arguing that someone's intelligence is primarily based on their upbringing and environment, with genetics having a relatively minor effect.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

Are you volunteering?

Once a worldwide standard could be agreed upon and I fall into the category of being the first one to be sterilized, than of course. It should apply to everyone.... including me and my family.

BTW the rich and powerful have mostly eliminated and removed defective genes from their DNA.

I am predisposed to abhor eugenics. Just as I don't trust a bureaucracy to make choices about how I live my life, I could scarcely award them authority over whether I do.

That said, having recently become aware of r/K selection theory, I can't deny that responsible people are being overtaken by this simple strategy of multiplicity. Quantity over quality unchecked will certainly result in the dilution of quality.

How entrusting the same apparatus promoting dependence and unproductiveness will somehow act against its own interests seems entirely unlikely.

As much as I hate it, the fact is that the natural response to this existential threat is merciless bloody war.

I am desperately searching for evidence to refute this conclusion.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Layaly

No need to worry

Declining Male Fertility - An alarming trend

A fall in the sperm count in the reproductive years is now a serious global problem [4,5]. A study shows that sperm count of healthy males is decreasing at a rate of 1-2% per year [5].

magazine.scientificmalaysian.com...

This would be a 'K' reproductive strategy in response to perceived limited resources.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

All forms of inter-breeding should be illegal around the world. As you say the "Royals" have proven this.

Did you just make incest illegal? How do you plan to enforce that?

Like forced sterilization, eugenics, euthanasia and death camps… a proven progression of steps leading down to hell on Earth. It all begins with the notion that some lives aren't worth living, "Life unworthy of life" as the Nazis put it.

They thought they were better than everyone else. Master race gravy…

Wiki
edit on 19-1-2016 by intrptr because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join