It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US West Coast Earthquake Warning as Cascadia Subduction Zone Surges

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

You beat me to it.

One lone buoy isn't proof of anything other than a probable glitch.

Having said that... Cascadia is going to go. When, not if. ...and when it does, Seattle-Tacoma, and a good portion of the West Coast is going to go with it.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Seems some geologist debunked this story...

Debunked Story

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
earthquake.usgs.gov...

3.2 off 'The Geysers', California earlier today
two other small ones near San Juan Bautista, CA, and Yakutat, AK.

hopefully just Mother Earth letting off some steam.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

Good job on finding that link.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I appreciate you guys wanting my opinion, but please folks, I can't read everything here. I only just saw this right now. You want my opinion on something please u2u me in the future, k? thanks. That way you know I will get it the minute I log on, because I always check u2u's.

First of all, I saw this bogus story on another site, checked the data, and wasn't convinced of anything- thought it was BS.

Second, if caused by an earthquake, then it would have to be a rather large quake to displace a water column, and no such thing had occurred. I'm always watching if I am home. Now keep in mind that something like an underwater seamount (volcano) could possibly go off and displace enough water to cause water level changes, so just because there is not an associated quake, does not necessarily mean that something did not happen. But it is pretty unlikely. And to claim anything about the cascadia subduction zone in conjunction with a water level change, WITHOUT an associated earthquake is just stupid and ridiculous.

And regardless, it appears you guys proved this claim to be bogus on your own anyways. Good job.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 03:27 AM
link   
This is not a hoax. Only one buoy was in event mode on that day, but all of the other surrounding buoys measured a large drop. The people who wrote the article have updated it explaining why it is not a hoax as has been stated by certain media outlets.

www.superstation95.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Adaluncatif
This is not a hoax. Only one buoy was in event mode on that day, but all of the other surrounding buoys measured a large drop. The people who wrote the article have updated it explaining why it is not a hoax as has been stated by certain media outlets.

www.superstation95.com...

It might be the bloop or the kraken or Godzilla!!
edit on 21-1-2016 by johndeere2020 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   
There is a History for Tsunami on the West Coast. What will come of all the Nuclear waste and Nuclear plants over there when it comes? It is bond to happen. Could poison entire earth.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join