It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders: Stop Trying To Make Me Attack Hillary Clinton

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Bernie Sanders: Stop Trying To Make Me Attack Hillary Clinton

So this election season has been one of a high number of below the belt political attacks and dirty tactics. So what does Bernie think about that?

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) said Sunday that he's sick and tired of everyone trying to get him to attack former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

"I cannot walk down the street -- Secretary Clinton knows this -- without being told how much I have to attack Secretary Clinton," Sanders said during NBC's Democratic debate. "Want to get me on the front page of the paper? I make some vicious attack. I have avoided doing that. I am trying to run an issue-oriented campaign."

Stick to the issues!??!! What's that nonsense? How are we going to know if you are a good candidate unless you have the best zings and quips against your opponents?

Sanders' frustration bubbled to the surface when moderator and MSNBC host Andrea Mitchell asked Sanders to address his recent comment calling former President Bill Clinton's affair with Monica Lewinsky "totally, totally, totally disgraceful and unacceptable."

Sanders told Mitchell that that kind of question "annoys" him.

He noted that he talked about Bill Clinton only because someone asked him about it Friday during an Iowa town hall.

Mitchell told him he didn't need to answer the question in the way he did, by condemning the former president's behavior. But Sanders said if he hadn't, "there's another front-page headline."

"Yes, his behavior was deplorable," Sanders added. "Have I said a word? No, I have not. I'm going to debate Secretary Clinton, Gov. O'Malley on the issues facing the American people, not Bill Clinton's personal behavior."

Kudos to Sanders. This is the kind of candidate we need. Someone who actually wants to talk about issues more than disparaging his running opponents. I don't care about Hillary's dirty laundry. We've all heard it all already anyways. I care about your policy proposals and how effective they would be.

Sanders. He's like a breath of fresh air in a such a noxious atmosphere. The man actually CARES about the people who are going to vote for him instead of just telling them what they want to hear while making sure your opponents look as beat up as possible. Are YOU feeling the Bern yet?
edit on 18-1-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
He has the right idea.

Hillary chops herself good enough !!

edit on Jan-18-2016 by xuenchen because: hillaryism

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
This is one of the many reasons why Bernie is special. He stands against everything wrong with politics.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Maybe he's afraid of her; she's a mean old lady...with years of collected dirt on everybody who gets in her way.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
In spite of all the vapid, cynical, same-as-ever politics, I really, really like that man... and have for decades.

He is one of the rare ones... and even if you disagree with his eco-politics, one should admit that he walks the talk and really seems to care about everyone... not just the disenfranchised, but the movers and shakers, too... and a reasonable, kind, honorable and smart man shouldn't scare anyone.

At least this election cycle is more interesting than I would've guessed.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I doubt it. He's currently creeping up against her in the polls without stooping to hitting below the belt. Plus when Hillary DOES try to go below the belt, this happens:
Hillary Clinton’s attacks spur a massive Sanders fundraising surge

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
That's called having integrity. I know it's completely foreign concept in America, but it does actually exist.

Good on Bernie for maintaining his. Other politicians should take note & try just a modicum of it on for size.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

She is an old pro who is not afraid to get down and dirty with opponents. I could easily see her saying to Bernie: "Bring up my emails, server, Bill's Bimbos...and I use THIS (insert incriminating evidence)!!!

It's her style.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Sanders' frustration bubbled to the surface when moderator and MSNBC host Andrea Mitchell asked Sanders to address his recent comment calling former President Bill Clinton's affair with Monica Lewinsky "totally, totally, totally disgraceful and unacceptable."

Thats how the media is supporting Hillary. How about Hillary, what you think of Hillary?

Hillary, Hillary, sis, boom ahh…

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I think this is another example of how Mr. Sanders is a HIGH-FUNCTIONING POLITICIAN, something we see very rarely these days. He actually wants to get stuff done, focus on the issues, and not get pulled into the drama/theatre crap that we've seen so much of with other candidates.

He has a vision and a goal and the speedbumps and distractions do little to deter him from making it happen. Good read, thanks Krazysh0t

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
If you watched the debate last night, he did let her have it. He blasted her hard over support of big banks and her taking campaign contributions from big banks.

And that's good, that was more of an attack on Policy and how she does things and who she supports rather than all the stupid stuff her and most people on the republican side do...attacking over fitness to serve, looks, citizenship etc.

He's doing it right.

He won that debate hands down, she looked too smug, polished and "holier than though". It's not what people want in a politician.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

And it's not working against Bernie right now. In fact, some media outlets have wondered why she suddenly switched into attack mode from her policy of just ignoring Bernie since attack mode is contributing to help Bernie instead of inhibit him.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Yep, you can tell when he talks he doesn't like to offend Clinton or the other candidates. How can anyone not like this guy!

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Maybe he's afraid of her; she's a mean old lady...with years of collected dirt on everybody who gets in her way.

Maybe he is just above petty insults and mud slinging?

Not a fan of the mans policys.

But I respect the guy.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   

I cannot imagine her having any major dirt on Bernie that she would not have already released.

top topics

join