It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Are On The Verge of Interstellar Flight...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Nice thread

IMHO we do have FTL, certainly if we have antigravity (and my research is very conclusive on that) then we also have inertia control & the craft would be mass-free. As such it is no longer bound by relativity.

I think we have had this tech for some time, and as usual the military get to play with it first.

So who are the humans landing on other planets? not the average selection of humes but trained killers & their ubermensch elitist shadow gov leaders.
God help ET.........
edit on 20-1-2016 by playswithmachines because: Spellink

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Are you all kidding yourselves. E.T would not allow such a thing. WHY ? Because earth's still developing minds. We are all just too Mentally Challenged and that is why you are ALL ON this PRISON PLANET to begin with. To develop and keep you all away for you are all a plague to yourselves, constantly destructing everything in your path. What makes you think E.T wants you to infect the rest of us.
edit on 20-1-2016 by operayt because: spelling

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: operayt

"plaque" as in a sticky, colorless film of bacteria and sugars that constantly forms on our teeth? Never thought of us as being plaque before do you mean plague?

What makes you thing E.T has a choice in the matter? Its only a prison planet until we develop the technology to reach and colonize other worlds.
edit on 20-1-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Which you will never be allowed to achieve until all your minds are all fully developed. You are all nothing more than ignorant of the things around you, due to your physical inability of the brain.

edit on 20-1-2016 by operayt because: spelling

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I do however know the difference between "plaque" and "plague".

So because i dont agree with your notion that some Alien force is holding humanity back from reaching the stars im ignorant?

Which "physical inability of the brain" do you mean? After all it does perform rather a few interesting functions.

Think you may be a little ignorant there yourself pal. LoL

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: operayt

Which you will never be allowed to achieve until all your minds are all fully developed. You are all nothing more than ignorant of the things around you, due to your physical inability of the brian.

I have to take a moment to chuckle at the hilarity of pointing out (possibly correctly) that all of humanity (excluding yourself, apparently) are physically affected mentally, while calling it the "brian".

This is ATS, afterall...so no issue with your theory. But where/how did you come up with it?

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Excuse me for the spelling errors THAT does Not help matters in explaining the human depth of perception that only time can heal so that one can use the full potential of ones abilities. The physical factors of your brain are not fully mature so one has problems to identify ones own problems, let alone anyone else. Your brains are growing / Maturing and others a bit faster. Those people are just a small glimpse of the potential you will have in time. Example. One day you will have the ability to know what the other is thinking. Seems scary. Yes, to those who want to hide. That will all go away because a different state of mind will occur.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I have gotten off topic. Excuse me.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I was just humored, like in a Freudian slip sort of way. Lord knows I make plenty of type-o's.

What you are saying is 'new age". Old hat...it just moves the goalposts. The presumption is that humans are "evolving toward" something. The fact is, humans are just humans. we likely will end up leveraging technology to do wondrous things....but won't "unlock secret abilities" or anything like that.

Yes, i know it gives one hope in the midst of a humdrum life. Been there, done that.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
humans will still be humans only their physical features will change slightly over years. They will achieve a state of know. That is the only way I can easily explain this thought process. Earth then will be left alone to do whatever or where ever they so choose to go or do, but until that time, they are stuck here to learn and grow with all the types of mental and physical environments they must overcome.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
So Yes, this human is still maturing . We are all ever learning in this quest of know. I do not see anytime soon people in habitats on other planets for about 400 years or so. My guess. Because man has always managed to slow progress on ones abilities whether it be by war, disease or an act of an environmental collapse they caused. Sure, other things hinder progress like when rocks fall down from the sky and things like that. In TIME we will achieve this in the KNOW, but for now we wait. A pretty good sound theory for this human , Yes, No ?

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69
Thank you for the perspective to balance my view. I'm an Astr0 groupie and on the breakaway civilization/secret space program camp. There are lots of speculations out there since Ben Rich added fuel to the fire.

If there's a Dyson sphere on KIC 8462852, one of the telltale signs according to Olav Philips is planets will be missing in the vicinity as raw materials to build the megastructure, no doubt a type 2 civilization on the Kardashev scale. Who are they?

Joseph Farrell from what I understand, somehow implies that we could already be a type 1 civilization or on the verge of it. Is a type 1 civ capable of Interstellar travel or inter-dimensional or still at the threshold?

edit on 09 11 2015 by MaxTamesSiva because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   
We have a gene that slows us down... it is the greed gene. Unfortunately does this gene occure within most sociopaths who occupy the highest decision making offices on our planet. The sad thing is that we, the believers in a better world give them this power.
edit on 21/1/2016 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   

War does not always slow progress, in point of fact technologically speaking it somewhat expedites the process leading to many of the technological marvels doing the rounds in our everyday lives.

Take the Internet for example, its predecessor was designed to facilitate communications after or during a large scale attack.

Even our space programs came about down to the designs of a Man responsible for the precursors to our modern day ICBMs.

Not forgetting the computer who's invention can be traced back to Alan Turing a mathematician and logician working on decryption of the Nazi Enigma code.

Im not advocating the process of war, just pointing out that it seems to be requirement regrading Humanity's progress technology wise.

As to disease lets take for example the plague "black death" somewhat of a contributing factor to the renaissance period where science and economic growth flourished.
edit on 21-1-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
While this is an exciting possibilty: If the current paradigm continues,it will always be the "elite" and mega-stupendous rich folks who get that privilege. I would'nt consider a species Capable of Interstellar Flight unless Every Single individual on that planet were allowed to partake,and had the right and means to participate,as a natural given.

But great thread,and s+f

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Tristran

I think that the masses would not be as angry or disappointed with TPTB with interstellar flight as much as they will be with free energy.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Wrong, war slows progress. All wars do is kill many people and trade off one countries ruler for another ruler and the people left behind are the ones who put it back together, BUT if population of people exceeds the lands ability to sustain life , THEN the peoples turn on one another for food and water.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane
While this is an exciting possibilty: If the current paradigm continues,it will always be the "elite" and mega-stupendous rich folks who get that privilege. I would'nt consider a species Capable of Interstellar Flight unless Every Single individual on that planet were allowed to partake,and had the right and means to participate,as a natural given.

But great thread,and s+f

To do what ? Do tell. Every persons ways, social values, cultures, would all collide again and you would be back to how things are NOW. You all need your physical brain to grow so that in the near future everyone will be able to know what the other is thinking. This will Eliminate the scary of what you think of people. It will lead to NEW TEACHINGS and a better overall view on life so everyone will be able to grow. Going from one planet to another planet and starting a new. May bring about a new lifestyle, but YOU will have brought with you all the BAD. Time will fix and mend your brains into maturity. Fix the problems here on earth, don't spread more problems somewhere else.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Ingo Swann said that Psi is the greatest threat to the power structure that there is because it ends lying.

Which is an interesting concept. Most animals on Earth have communication that is autonomic. They are unable to lie. Even somewhat intelligent animals, like a dog. When its happy it wags its tail, and just can't help it. It cannot hide being happy, shamed, angry, etc.

Imagine that with humans....

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Leaving out the issue of morality unfortunately operayt i am not wrong. War does indeed bring about technological progress and innovation as is plain to see throughout recorded history.

For instance advances in aviation flourished between the 1930s & 1990s due to a constant state of competition between superpowers which opened up funding for projects which otherwise would not have received a green light. Likewise, the strives made in nuclear energy might not have been possible without the atrocities of the atomic age.

No one wins in war, but much of the technology we have at our disposal today is a direct side effect of wartime innovation.

And when the population exceeds the ability of the land to sustain it famine and disease generally prevail. Especially so if the infrastructure and medical facility's are of a poor quality to begin with.

People will always turn on one another over resources, its in our nature to do so simply because of the paradigm humanity follows.

edit on 22-1-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join