It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tassie local claims the Thylacine(Tasmanian Tiger) still exists and the Gov knows about it

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: amraks

You need a better horse mate ...

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   
So why exactly would the government be keeping this a secret? who, and to what purpose would this benefit?

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: gunshooter

From everyone. To protect the Thylacene.

Just like the Wollemi Pine that dated back to the Jurassic period.
It's location was kept secret, yet seeds were taken and propogated. Now you can buy your own seedling.

Do you think that if the location was public it would have stood a chance ?

www.wollemipine.com...

edit on 18-1-2016 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Makes one wonder why the goverment would make it illegal to shoot an extinct animal. I mean its extinct right? So Why the hefty fines & jail sentences?? If im not mistaken its the only extinct animal that is protected by laws! Its as if something is known & want the public to hush about.
edit on 18-1-2016 by MegaSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   
There was a pretty good novel called The Hunter which was turned into a film starring Willem Dafoe that dealt with the animal still existing.

edit on 18-1-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
We had a strange storm out here last Friday. I happened to be right in the thick of it. If I had seen it in a movie I would have laughed, said it was just Hollywood over the top FX. Everyone said the same thing. "I have never seem anything like it in my entire life."

It looked like something they clipped out off a Hollywood B movie like " Into The Storm".

All that just to say that I was trying to get home during a slight lull in the storm. I am driving at a creeping pace down our 6 mile dirt road, paying close attention to the sides of the road, in case one of my neighbors were forced off to the side and needed help.

I was startled when I saw this thing pop up on the side of the road, it took a quick look around then sprinted across the road. My mind immediately said Velociraptor!

I know it was probably a very large Basiliscus. I had never seen one with my own eyes. My neighbors had reported seeing them, but it was my first. It looks like we have a new resident in the neighborhood.

We also have wildcats. They are cats born from mostly matings of feral domestics and Bobcats. I have seen more than my share of those. We also have the offspring of Bobcat and Panther matings.

Nature is hard to extinguish, it always seems to find a way.

edit on 18-1-2016 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Cleaned up a bit.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Well I for one never hope the general public would know if it should exsist.
Saying its in tasmania is the first mistake.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

Its obvious its in Tasmania "Tasmanian Tiger" lol
edit on 18/1/2016 by amraks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Even if you never see them, it does not mean they are not there. I live in Victoria, and it has long been speculated there is a very small amount of large cats in the area. I have seen the footprints. Roughly seven centimeters long. The only other animal around here large enough to make footprints of that size is my dog.
It was not my dog that made them.

edit on 18/1/2016 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy
a reply to: Timely

It could be true, there's definite need for more investigation of course. There was a photo published years ago of a tazzy tiger in Victoria. Bloody typical Vic's mate claiming others fame, but won't go there LOL.

After some searching online the pic I was referring to in the above post was a hoax, taken from a still from a movie called The Hunter.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

The Vic's still like to claim anything half decent though ...

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Why would we need to? We have large cats. I know we have large cats.
Hoaxes will be hoaxes, but these things are, indeed, real.

I would not be surprised if some small pocket of Thylacines had managed to survive, and I would also agree with a government decision to keep that secret.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
My and other guys looking for these in Vic think that they are thylocoleos. Or could be some other related species. I know farmers who will tell you that they exist around here, they see them every now and then, usually on the edges of bush.

The Vic government did a half arsed BS effort two years ago funding some bludgers to investigate the phenomenon, they were the crapiest researchers ever these guys, should not have taken the money given to them. Unless they were told not to find anything before they started.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

Not denying that. The large cats have been sighted in NSW around Lithgow as well.

Some think it was US servicemen who brought them out here during WW2 and either lost or abandoned these Panthers
when the time came to go home. Lithgow had US servicemen building concrete roads during the time of internment camps.

I was referring more to the likes of pinching major sporting events - like the F1 from Adelaide. etc.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   
It is a bit odd. While protecting the Thylacine is an obvious choice, one would think that large cats as a non-native animal would be eliminated. Though, fairly, they do not seem to have had an impact on the environment.

I don't pay any attention to sporting events, so I would not know.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I agree with that Parvo and probably Distemper would have wiped most of them out, or other diseases brought in ,which they had zero resistance to .

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ozb1777

You can rule out Parvovirus as that is a canine disease as is distemper - I think ..

Thylacene's are a unique to Australia species (or were) same as the Tassie devils - which are facing their own battle with the facial cancer that is decimating their numbers in an alarming fashion.

I think there may even be a program in Vic. dedicated to saving the Devils !

Meantime - King Island stuff ... is good !

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I listened to the interview. Sorry to say the man interviewed doesn`t provide any hard evidence that can be fact checked and proven at all.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
it's true, have heard from trusted sources that they're still out there. As to why kept a secret? Partly I'd imagine it's to keep them safe. Other reason may be similar to why big cats are officially denied to exist here in NJ: acknowledging them would mean the forest&wildlife service would have to do all kinds of extra work making and enforcing a plan to deal with them. Most of those guys are pretty cool and prefer to leave the cats alone, rather than make a big fuss and have to deal with panicky mothers and possibly be blamed responsible for any missing kids. This kind of thing- 'You knew there were lions and you didn't tell us, it's your fault my kid went missing' I imagine it's the same for bigfoots, easier to deny and cover up than have to deal with the #storm it would stir up.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: amraks

originally posted by: Spacespider

Its obvious its in Tasmania "Tasmanian Tiger" lol

No its not, tasmanian Tiger is just a name... Not like the animal cares.
edit on 19-1-2016 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3 >>

join