It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disinfo.com is new and improved, and looking for new writers.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
As promised, and part of our new collaboration with The DIsinformation Company, we've helped to redesign and relaunch their website, DISINFO.COM. Some of you may recall the old design, if not, click the thumbnail for a refresher...

The redesign is just the first step in our collaboration as we seek to work together to begin experimenting with a new concept in journalism; collaborative independent journalism. I've discussed it in my post announcing the new design over on Disinfo.com: The Future of Disinfo.com. In a nut-shell, the idea is to avail independent journalists of the exceptional and passionate research capabilities of ATS members, for the purpose of creating collaborative articles that are published via Disinfo.com.

Very soon, we'll have some additional information for those who are interested.

For now, check out the newly relaunched old girl. If you're interested in writing for Disinfo.com, check out the updated contributor guidelines. There are a few more robust tools for creating your articles on DIsinfo, as compared to ATS... and you can always link to your DIsinfo article here in the Disinfo.com forum, and get the feedback of ATS.

More coming soon.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
As I have already said, Disinfo looks leaps and bounds above where it was at just a few weeks ago. I know the time and effort you guys have put into it really shows. So for those who may have checked it out before and din't really dig the layout, etc... Go give it a second go. You may find it more likable/usable now.

We have some really talented folks here that I am sure can offer up some articles and thoughts that will only further in the goals of making Disinfo the best that it can be. They certainly do that for ATS.

I am looking forward to what comes from this new endeavor!!
edit on 1/17/2016 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I love the new design, very slick.

Now excuse me while I go read this article about ancient aliens aka time travelers.

disinfo.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   

and you can always link to your Disinfo article here in the Disinfo.com forum, and get the feedback of ATS.

I may have missed it either in your posting history or on the Disinfo.com website, but is there / will there be a link to ATS on that site?

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

The site (theme) looks way better than the previous one. NICE!

A suggestion:

Change the permalink structure to /%postname%/ for optimizing Adsense CTR + SEO

Having a date in your permalink structure has proven to diminish the CTR from the search results for older posts.

The simple answer is, “Post name” – tag is “/%postname%/“. Having a date or post ID in your permalink structure has proven to reduce the CTR (click-through-rate) from the search results because it does not utilize keywords.

As Google said:

Some users might link to your page using the URL of that page as the anchor text. If your URL contains relevant words, this provides users and search engines with more information about the page than an ID or oddly named parameter would.

That’s why, the most or maybe even all high authority websites using post name as permalink structure because its the most easier understanding and recognizing for search engines bots as well as users.

By default, the unique identifier of each post is used as a permalink. The structure will not appear neat and comprehensive. Instead, it can look very terrible and confusing. After all, permalinks deal with the content you post on your website.

Implement ads (inside the article) - 1 or 2 for increasing the RPM.

edit on 17-1-2016 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: mekhanics

Not really possible. There are so many old links to the content that we really can't change the URL structure.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: mekhanics

Not really possible. There are so many old links to the content that we really can't change the URL structure.

I get yah!

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Questions....?

As quoted from the Disinfo.com contributor guideline link provided in your opening thread,

Disinformation is the deliberate spreading of false information to mislead an enemy as to one’s position or course of action.

Who is the "enemy" ? Why is ATS promoting deliberate, dare I say,... lying?

Just constructive criticism that others will no doubt ask. Just thought I'd help by getting it out of the way.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Congrats on spreading your web presence...

Out of curiosity, why don't y'all fix the simple problem of allowing users on an iPad to star posts?

-Christosterone
edit on 18-1-2016 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
Congrats on spreading your web presence...

Out of curiosity, why don't y'all fix the simple problem of allowing users on an iPad to star and flag posts...???
Seriously, how hard is it to fix that issue on ATS...???

-Christosterone

Well seeing how my MacBook sits on the table and I almost exclusively use my iPad for ATS, I'd say that problem of yours is isolated.

I am flag number 17.

edit on 18-1-2016 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Habit....I meant star only...try and star my post from your iPad...it doesn't work...

I have an iPad, iPad Air, and iPad Air 2....the star feature doesn't work on any of them....star my comment then refresh the page on an iPad...

It doesn't remain...

-Christosterone

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone

Habit....I meant star only...try and star my post from your iPad...it doesn't work...

I have an iPad, iPad Air, and iPad Air 2....the star feature doesn't work on any of them....star my comment then refresh the page on an iPad...

It doesn't remain...

-Christosterone

Starred just fine. If you give a star and try to give a second, the second star will reappear until you refresh and then it's gone.

Star this post. ONLY YOU PLEASE!

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

If you tried and it didn't stick it's probably a thing with your account. I had a similar, yet opposite issue many years ago where my profile wouldn't register flags. Being vain, I just created a new account. :p

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Hmm...I starred it and it works...although a blank star still remains next to it as if I didn't star it..but the star is there...

So it works...thanks

-Christosterone

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Np

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Is it going to be a paying gig?

top topics

join