It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sanders Rocks The Democratic Debate By Dropping A Medicare For All Bomb In SC

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
There has been a lot of speculation on Sanders plan for single payer medical. Today I found he has recently released some information on his Medicare for all healthcare plan.

fyi In case you did not know Hillary looked into a national medical program during Bill's presidency. She said medicare for all would be the best solution, but it could not be done. Hillary said you can not fight the big money involved, or as I see it, she could not pass up the large donations from the medical industries.

Just hours before the next Democratic debate in South Carolina, Bernie Sanders has dropped a bomb by unveiling his detailed Medicare for all healthcare plan.

Sanders Plan:

Here are the details from the Sanders campaign:

In a nation that now spends $3 trillion a year on health care – nearly $10,000 per person – Sanders’ plan would save consumers money by eliminating expensive and wasteful private health insurance. The plan would save taxpayers money by dramatically reducing overall health care costs and bringing down skyrocketing prescription drug prices which are far greater in the United States than in any other country.

The typical family earning $50,000 a year would save nearly $6,000 annually in health care costs, Friedman calculated. The average working family now pays $4,955 in premiums for private insurance and spends another $1,318 on deductibles for care that isn’t covered. Under Sanders’ plan, a family of four earning $50,000 would pay just $466 per year to the Medicare-for-all program.

Businesses would save more than $9,400 a year in health care costs under Sanders’ plan. The average annual cost to the employer for a worker with a family who makes $50,000 a year would go from $12,591 to just $3,100.

The shift to universal health care would be paid for with a 2.2 percent health care premium (calculated under the rules for federal income taxes); a 6.2 percent health care payroll tax paid by employers; an estate tax on the wealthiest Americans and changes in the tax code to make federal income tax rates more progressive.

Under the plan, individuals making $250,000 to $500,000 a year would be taxed at a rate of 37 percent. The top rate, 52 percent, would apply to those earning $10 million or more a year, a category that in 2013 included only the 13,000 wealthiest households in the United States.

Additional savings would be achieved from reducing outlays for taxpayer-supported health care expenditures.

source

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Screw him, I want the freedom to pay $500 a month for a policy with a $5,000 deductible!

lmao

+19 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I think I've heard this before.. along with something called Hope and Change.

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

Would I have he freedom to opt out or would I be forced to purchase another government-mandated plan?

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Oh so you like Obama care and see no need to improve it,

I hear a lot of people say it has been a real life saver!

Thanks for your very informative post!

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
I think I've heard this before.. along with something called Hope and Change.

I got to see a doctor for the first time in 6 years, how evil! We must pay double what the rest of first world nations pay!!!

Electrolytes!

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

The plan would save taxpayers money by dramatically reducing overall health care costs and bringing down skyrocketing prescription drug prices which are far greater in the United States than in any other country.

The typical family earning $50,000 a year would save nearly $6,000 annually in health care costs,

Where have I heard that promise before?
And, more importantly, how's that working out?

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

LOl's you might want to do your own research, or you contact me and for a large non-refundable fee I will gladly research it for you!

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Mitt Romney???

Romney care???

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlaskanDad
a reply to: DAVID64

Mitt Romney???

Romney care???

And Newt Gingrich

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
And did he also detail how he:

1.) Plans to make the current Medicare system solvent given that it's going bankrupt.

2.) Plans to pay for the drastic expansion of Medicare under his proposal once he fixes #1?

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: yesyesyes

I want some Brawndo!

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Would I have he freedom to opt out or would I be forced to purchase another government-mandated plan?

That is my question as well.

I shouldn't be forced to buy anything just because I exist!

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Sounds good but can it work?

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

No, Sanders plan is to Bankrupt medicare it so you won't have to pay anymore.

This is plan to get rid of Obama care, for all.

link   

originally posted by: AlaskanDad
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Oh so you like Obama care and see no need to improve it,

I hear a lot of people say it has been a real life saver!

Thanks for your very informative post!

Pentulant and ****** little boys and girls. Some never grow up.

+9 more 
link   

I'm just a person uncomfortable with government mandated control over my life. So you're cool with it.

That's your business.

I'm partial to freedom.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: forkedtongue

That is my question as well.

I shouldn't be forced to buy anything just because I exist!

Why would you want to opt out? I just spent 6 days in the hospital and the total bill was 52,000, not something I would want as a full bill.

+8 more 
link   
I want the same kind of health care my congressmen and representatives have. I don't think that's to much to ask.

link   
a reply to: forkedtongue

No one could 'opt-out' any more then you can 'opt-out' of Social Security, Medicare or, for that matter Sales Taxes. But you would be covered whether you like it or not and could never be a 'drain' on society (by have to pay extra just for your invincible self when your time comes).

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join