It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Your Favourite Cheese?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Melted cheese

Its my favorite, blanketing other stuff.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Fontina is so good, so deliciously melty. It's pretty weird how something can smell so bad but taste so good!

Totally making a cheese plate for dinner tonight.
edit on 18-1-2016 by Jennyfrenzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Another good cheddar is Cougar Gold made by Washington State University, which started out as a land grant agricultural college, home of the Cougars. You can order it online here It's not your normal cheddar. First, it's white in color. It's also more "flaky" than the kind of cheddar you normally get in a store. It's $22.00 for a 30 oz can, so it ain't cheap! But it's a little bit different.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I used to get Clearfield White American cheese all the time from this little Mennonite country store in PA.
Oh my god. I could eat it all day, every day. I'm not a cheese aficionado or anything, but I've never had any other White American cheese that even remotely compares.
If I was rich I'd buy a lifetime supply of the stuff.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Cheese in a can...very interesting. This might make a delicious gag gift.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Right now the "go to lunch" at work is Asiago, Cabot's herbed white cheddar, smoked gouda,Havarti and Jarlsberg all sliced thin with small rosemary crackers & onion crackers. Quick bite here an there with a small glass of cranberry-cherry juice. Some co-workers have discovered I have a little holiday cheese thing going on and so the "adult" mental health break/boozeless cocktail moment can be had.

Wouldn't know a mango if you hit me with one, but the granny smith green apple slices are popular.

Best workday packed lunch ever!!

If anyone who knows cheeses could recommend a few more to add to this mix that'd be fantastic! I have a active-job so it's grab a bite when you can type thing, it's not like people who have a desk job and have time to eat a sandwich.
edit on 18-1-2016 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Cheese is my favorite food. If I was told it would be the end of me, I'd accept that end and keep eating cheese.
Without cheese, most food is just less than it could be.

My top raters are:

1. Sharp Cheddar Gets #1 for it's vast number of uses in many dishes.
2. Havarti So good. Always. No extras in it please. Just straight up.
3. Sage Derby A rare treat for me. Hard to find locally as well. Plus, it's green!

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Spicy pepper jack. When I say spicy I mean I want chunks of a ghost pepper fruit in there.

Ultimately I love all cheese except Kraft crap and blue cheese [which to me taste like expired coconut milk].

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

The local HEB has sliced asiago in single serve sticks that are fantastic for an ad hoc poopoo platter. I buy them, and smoked cheddar to keep in the fridge at work (along with my garlic and jalapeno stuffed olives, and some sort of cured meat)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: gottaknow

We love the sage derby! Sometimes we find it with Guinness as well.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
My sister in law made stuffed mushroom with sausage and asiago cheese. They were excellent.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

another low carb must have for this week.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I ate low carb cheesy cauliflower crust pizza for dinner. Easy and excellent.

Parmesan and mozzarella.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
SO many cheeses. Love them all except the runny, tasteless ones. Camembert is a good example.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
If you like bell peppers, stuffed bell peppers are good too. They're easy to make as well.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

NICE!!!!
Don't know what a HEB is....LOL, but will look for the Asiago locally.

3. Sage Derby A rare treat for me. Hard to find locally as well. Plus, it's green!

O-oooooo is THAT what that Sage Cheese is called??!!! Had it once at a catered thingy an no one knew what it was, been looking for it an have been coming up empty-handed.
DROOL....

There's a cheese with Guinness in it??? ( fanning self and feeling woozy) Oh my I need to get out more!!

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I like the red bells. Green bells invoke a tsunami of gastric distress, so i avoid them.

Being a Texican, I also like to use chile peppers. Poblano's are a very mild pepper that is fantastic stuffed with something. Anaheim's work, but are a little bit smaller, leaving you with a little less filling. But i've done a cauliflower, chorizo, and asadero stuffed poblano (with pepitos, or toasted pumpkin seeds).

I think we need to make "The Big Fat ATS Food-a-thon" to celebrate how much we love our food.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

die hetetic - camambert is NOT tastless - the crap you might be buying could be some plastic monstosity - but get real amambert - and its exquisite

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I think we need to make "The Big Fat ATS Food-a-thon" to celebrate how much we love our food.

That's exactly what I was thinking after seeing how many responses this post generated!

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The chili peppers sound interesting. I've always wanted to try them but haven't gotten the chance. Thanks for mentioning them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join